Michelle Wie Suffers Heat Stroke

This is just crazy to me....I am horrible to drink fluids and I have et to have one, she is young compared to me.

how does a pro golfer get heatstroke/heat exhaustion? especially when it's only one golfer, if conditions were really horrible I'd expect multiples to falter

they don't carry their own bag, they should have whatever beverage they want at their disposal at any time

she's either an idiot for not drinking beverages on course, or an idiot for faking a very serious condition

faking or not her act is getting old quick

I have truly lost all interest in anything Michelle Wie.

I just went by the driving range. Talk about hot and sticky out there. I felt a Michelle Wie coming on but I kept going and made it!

I think that ultimately she is bad for the game of golf. Her constant whining, faking injuries, etc. They say any press is good press, but that is not simply the case. She has been in the news lately for all the wrong reasons and to me the song and dance routine she is currently doing not only hurts her, but the game on a whole. As one of the younger players out there she needs to be a better role model for the young girls entering or wanting to enter the game. Look at Rory McIlroy. He just turned 21 and is far better composed on the course than Wie ever has. When Rory gets press it's because he has deserved it for the right reasons (ie a big win). All Wie can seem to do lately is come across childish. Long story short, I don't believe her act is do to her young age as there are plenty of young people on Tour who handle themselves properly.

If this heat exhaustion thing is legitimate, I wish her a speedy recovery, but scold her and her caddy and anyone who had a hand in it. "Professionals" should know better.

I think that ultimately she is bad for the game of golf. Her constant whining, faking injuries, etc. They say any press is good press, but that is not simply the case. She has been in the news lately for all the wrong reasons and to me the song and dance routine she is currently doing not only hurts her, but the game on a whole. As one of the younger players out there she needs to be a better role model for the young girls entering or wanting to enter the game. Look at Rory McIlroy. He just turned 21 and is far better composed on the course than Wie ever has. When Rory gets press it's because he has deserved it for the right reasons (ie a big win). All Wie can seem to do lately is come across childish. Long story short, I don't believe her act is do to her young age as there are plenty of young people on Tour who handle themselves properly.

If this heat exhaustion thing is legitimate, I wish her a speedy recovery, but scold her and her caddy and anyone who had a hand in it. "Professionals" should know better.

It seems you can always spot the ones who have had everything handed to them on a silver platter, with 500 people behind them telling them how great they are.

She has nice legs

I have said the same thing about John Daly for a decade. And hes not 21 years old. She has the right people behind her now from a biz standpoint, so I expect her behavior to get better, but so far it is pretty bad. But there are a LOT of top players that your exact quote would fit. Lets see if this sounds familiar.

1. In the press for all the wrong reasons.
2. Making bad decisions
3. Possibly faking an injury and then quitting

Sounds so familiar, I just cannot put a finger on it.

:laughing: That is hilarious JB!! Truer words were never spoken though.

It's sad really. However I'm not too sure who to blame: the bad "role models" or ourselves (society in general) for following them??

"Who's the greater fool? The fool who leads or the fool who follows?"

lmfao! who or who could this be your speaking of JB?????

IBut there are a LOT of top players that your exact quote would fit. Lets see if this sounds familiar..

1. In the press for all the wrong reasons.
2. Making bad decisions
3. Possibly faking an injury and then quitting

Sounds so familiar, I just cannot put a finger on i
t.[/QUOTE]

Back