YaY!!! I broke 90 today!!!

MD177

Reaction score
Handicap
GAM: 18.8
Today is a special golfing day for me... we went out with rain on the forecast... my two brothers and my dad... you can say that we are addicted to the game... LoLz... we had rain on/off all day long... it was alright because we only had one 5 minute delay with pouring rain... the rest of the day, it was just sprinkles on/off... so glad we decided to go anyway... if not, I wouldn't have broke 90 for the first time...

here's my score for today...

Front 9: PAR / My Score = 36 / 48
5 / 6
4 / 5
3 / 4
4 / 7
3 / 4
4 / 6
4 / 5
4 / 6
5 / 5

let's just say it didn't start out too well... I was driving, hitting approach shots, and chipping pretty decent... I did miss a 2 footer PAR try on one of the Par 3... :bad:

Back 9: PAR / My Score = 35 / 38
3 / 3
5 / 6
5 / 4 (2nd Birdie ever!!!)
4 / 5
3 / 4
4 / 4
4 / 5
4 / 4
3 / 3

this is the best 9 I've posted ever... I'm so happy about this score... so my total is 86 on a Par 71 course... :banana:

anyway, just wanted to share this with you guys... :D

Grats on a solid round. What ball were you using?

congrats TM177!

Grats on a solid round. What ball were you using?
Thanks JRod... :)

used Bridgestone E6 most of the time... ran out of E6 since I collect my Par and Birdie balls... I also used Srixon TriSpeed and ProV1 in between just to try out... I like the TriSpeed... ProV1, not so much... seemed harder than the E6 & TriSpeed... will be sticking with E6 & TriSpeed for a while... but tomorrow will be a TP Black day... but if it's not going good, it'll be a quick switch to the E6... :D

Thanks JRod... :)

used Bridgestone E6 most of the time... ran out of E6 since I collect my Par and Birdie balls... I also used Srixon TriSpeed and ProV1 in between just to try out... I like the TriSpeed... ProV1, not so much... seemed harder than the E6 & TriSpeed... will be sticking with E6 & TriSpeed for a while... but tomorrow will be a TP Black day... but if it's not going good, it'll be a quick switch to the E6... :D

Yah in my humble opinion the new Pro V1's are expensive pieces of crap. Lovin the e6 myself. Gonna try the RX and Z Stars next.

Congrats man! That's quite an accomplishment, I haven't even come close yet.

Congrats on the round!

Come on man…..Ya’ didn’t just break 90, ya’ crushed 90. 86 is a terrific score. Outssssssstanding!!!! A little help on some of the crooked number hole scores and you would have been barkin’ at the door of 80.

When I was much younger I used to break 90 regularly and would even break 80 but only because I played enough to have a real good short game. I could get around the course and I could scramble like hell. Being too young to know better I was a fearless putter. Used to just putt right through the break and ram it into the back of the cup. Would crucify the hole tee to green and one putt from 25’. Used to drive my dad insane. But in reality my game stank. I was more of a hustler than a player. You are obviously putting effort into the game and scoring better because you are improving.

Congratulations Man that’s GREAT.

Nice shooting! That's a heck of a back 9.

your gunna run out of balls if you keep saving the par balls since your playing that good just save the birdie balls and not pars so you will have some left to play lol

great back 9! never broke 40 for 9 holes in my life congrats!

agreed thats awesome round.. i wish i could post numbers like that - my best to date is a 92... trying to break 90 this year.

congrats on the round man! it's a great feeling breaking these milestones. I also just broke 90 at the beginning of the summer. Keep practicing and you'll be breaking 80 in no time. I've come close 3 times to breaking 80 since I've broke 90.

Yah in my humble opinion the new Pro V1's are expensive pieces of crap. Lovin the e6 myself. Gonna try the RX and Z Stars next.

Z STAR First! Great ball. The RX is DEAD staight though

Congrats on the great score!

Thanks everyone... I really appreciate the kind words... I've been working hard esp the short game... the last few times I've gone out, I was terrible with the short game which messed up some decent ball striking... overall, I would say driving and short game had improve the past few weeks... ball striking is always a work in progress... I'm also getting a better feel on the Ghost putter... I made left to right and right to left putts that I normally miss so that helped save a few pars... :)

as for collecting balls, I don't mind having the Par balls for now as I'm really not that good yet... yesterday was just a special day... when I start to consistently score low to mid 40's on each 9, then I'll start the birdie display case... I have a line up of new balls in the basement... LoLz... I made a hobby of buying a sleeve or a dozen of balls every time I go to Golfsmith... haha... I just returned a Penta dozen (since I'm not yet qualified to hit these) for a dozen of E6 & TriSpeed yesterday... that should last a few rounds... :)

Great round!! You really turned it around on the back nine! Keep up the great scores.

if i were you, i wouldve went to play the front nine again. You clearly played outstanding golf on the back, couldve carried it through the front nine? Then that 48 couldve turned into a 41, and boom, you broke 80 too. Congrats pal, keep it up

Nicley Done! I agree you destroyed the back nine. I will be meeting there soon.
Now go out today and back that score right up!
CONGRATS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Way to shoot there buddy!
86 is a solid score and hopefully you can harness some of that momentum and stay below it. When I broke it (with a 83!!!) I struggled for a while after that ranging back up into the 100s. Once recently have I managed to keep myself in the 87-92 range consistently.

I also have to commend you on the back 9. Twice in the past month I have shot STELLAR front 9's and just tanked coming into the clubhouse. Pulling out a strong back nine is a big mental challenge that you seemed to have figured out.

Best of luck next time out. Keep your eye on the prize... 80!

hey guys... I really appreciate the kudos... makes you want to improve more and more... :)

unfortunately, I didn't do too well today... I went out with my bro, our PGA pro and his buddy on the course he teaches and my final score was 102... yikes!!! I wanted to do so well that I think I tried too hard... :weep: plus trying to implement what my pro was teaching and the same time is probably wasn't the best thing to do... not making excuses but man, I did so bad... even my pitching and putting was really off... missed (2) 2 footers today... anyway, overall, it was a great experience and I'll try to look back and learn from it... it was a new course for us & was a pretty difficult course coz of the narrow fairway surrounded by trees on both sides... I was in the trees at least 3 times and had to drop or punch out... sometimes, I had a clear path to go for the pin but when I went for it, mishit the shot and ended up more into the woods... :(

I will look back at this thread and read your posts again for the encouragement... I know this happens to almost all of us so I'll try to put this aside and look forward to the next round... :)

Congrats on the back 9 comeback and breaking 90!!

I'm a little late to the party, but congrats!! Next stop, 80! :D

Congrats. I just started breaking 90 regularly and I've only been playing since January. It sure is a whole lot more fun when you can post decent scores. Keep up the good work!

Back