Go Hard or Go Low?

If I can use a jumping point for this thread, of those who do opt for the tees closer to the hole, when you move back a box in an experiment, do you find yourself swinging a lot more out of control?

I ask because I have a friend who is a perfectly capable golfer, but his head plays tricks on him if he plays from the tournament tees (standard place for 8-16 handicappers and 4th of 5 tee boxes at my course) and has a really hard time creating a smooth tempo on his tee shots.. Just curious, from a guy who wants to see him get his game out of his head haha

This is hilarious that you mention this because I just had this conversation with my Saturday 12 man group. We were all standing on the first tee waiting to tee off and here comes a foursome over the turn. Like alot of courses the 1 and 10 tee boxes are relatively close so you can watch people tee off. They all step up to the blue tees (This particular course doesn't have championship gold, blue is the furthest back) and one by one proceed to hit their drives into the trees. Every single one of them I kid you not. It was hilarity.

Back on point. I play the white tees, I'm not too proud and thats what they are there for.

My thoughts exactly. I know my skill (18-20) and I paid my money, and I am secure enough in myself to play the middle / white because it is no fun not to give yourself (at your skill level) a fighting chance. One caveat, if the blues are around 6100 or so I can go either way.

When you play a terrible round from a front tee you have a different feeling than if you had that round from the backs.For me that feeling is shame.

For me, I wouldn't feel that way. I might not have that same round from a back tee. I could have the same score but I probably got to that score in a totally different way. I would play a different club from a front tee than a back tee. I might swing that club better than the other one that day or worse. Just a different challenge.

i score just as bad playing the fronts as i do from the tips... lolz

i score just as bad playing the fronts as i do from the tips... lolz

I second that... no matter where I play I'd just like to make sure I hit it past the ladies tees so no pants on the ground action. :D

I will third that!

I second that... no matter where I play I'd just like to make sure I hit it past the ladies tees so no pants on the ground action. :D

Simple . . . just hit from the forward tees! hehehe

man i was lookin like a fool today... but no pants on the ground... it wasnt the teebox that killed me... it was approach shots... specifically wedges

I played a mix of blue and whites today.

I went out focusing on iron play today. I had just put my 3 iron back in my bag after a short stint with a hybrid, the 3 iron is here to stay to say the least. So playing the whites with my irons gave me lots of new shots to play and really made it fun. The last few holes a joined up with a group that was playing from the blues so I just played along.

Back