Western New York, Albany, Syracuse, Northwest Pennsylvania & surrounding areas

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm all for it. You gonna be home for some fall golf in October?
And you've made some big strides in your game this year too, haven't you, Eric?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Unfortunately no fall trip. Schoolwork is too much to miss a weekend. Have a couple papers plus a bunch of reading so I end up spending 5-6 hours in Sunday reading and finish up one class on Mondays. The other 4 days are spent on the other class and leave one day in case something comes up and I can't get to the rest.

i have made some big strides this year and have been working to learn the swing to be able to self diagnose

Sounds like the three of us need a round and figure out the problems...:D

Guess we'll have to start planning an outing for the Spring. That depressed me just saying that, means winter isn't far off.

Guess we'll have to start planning an outing for the Spring. That depressed me just saying that, means winter isn't far off.

i know. I have turkey day week off but that's probably not the best time to play in buffalo

i know. I have turkey day week off but that's probably not the best time to play in buffalo
Ya never know, I've played in mid-December before. If it's nice out, Buffalo Tournament Club will be open. I'll have an extra set if you don't bring yours.

Ya never know, I've played in mid-December before. If it's nice out, Buffalo Tournament Club will be open. I'll have an extra set if you don't bring yours.

Will definitely look at that.

Absolutely. Terry Hills and Batavia will be open too I'm sure. I just saw today were supposed to have above average temperatures all winter! Emart, if you're home and we can play outside were doing it buddy! And if there is snow we can always get together at Plum Creek for some Sim golf!!

Sim golf sounds like a great idea for that weekend if the white stuff is around.

Sim golf sounds like a great idea for that weekend if the white stuff is around.
Being that I have a key we can get a hell of day and bring some drinks and make an evening/night out of it. Anyone that travels in you, Pete, Dean or anyone else would be welcome to crash at my place for a night as long as you don't mind cuddling a pitbull lol!

...And if there is snow we can always get together at Plum Creek for some Sim golf!!

I was thinking that too. It was fun everybody meeting up there a few winters ago.

I was thinking that too. It was fun everybody meeting up there a few winters ago.

This winter were gunna trade months. One month you come to plum creek for a Saturday or Sunday and the next I'll come to the dome!

This winter were gunna trade months. One month you come to plum creek for a Saturday or Sunday and the next I'll come to the dome!
Sounds like a plan, help us get through this winter. I hope you're right about the warmer winter too.

Absolutely. Terry Hills and Batavia will be open too I'm sure. I just saw today were supposed to have above average temperatures all winter! Emart, if you're home and we can play outside were doing it buddy! And if there is snow we can always get together at Plum Creek for some Sim golf!!

Being that I have a key we can get a hell of day and bring some drinks and make an evening/night out of it. Anyone that travels in you, Pete, Dean or anyone else would be welcome to crash at my place for a night as long as you don't mind cuddling a pitbull lol!

this sounds like a plan. I'm usually good in 40+ with no wind. Sim golf and beer works too.

Sim golf. Need to find a good one.

Ocarrol or Ddec? Got any ideas?

we take part in a sim league during the winter up in Saratoga. Really good facility. Tark's Indoor Golf.

I'll look it up. Need to make sure I keep my swing through winter.

A big congrats to our local star, go make us proud out there Dean!

Yeah dude, but you've definitely been seeing improvement in your game. You tidy up that front 9 and you'll be consistently in the 80s.

Case in point, today's round was 81 (45/36). I don't get too excited, it's a relatively easy muni. That's like shooting a 90 on a typical course.

I've made big strides this year but for no good reason at all I have this weird toe shank that surfaces whenever it feels like lately. I am almost wanting to stop playing to get it out of my head but knowing fall is here already I don't want to give up the season so quickly. Talking about winter already and sim golf outings is very depressing!!

Don't waste your time at Route Fore Golf in East Greenbush. Tiny hitting bays, and outdated software, plus you play every ball off the same turf--it's just throwing money away.

Optigolf in Troy is interesting to me. Interesting in that I've never been...and it was just sold...but the new owner will keep it open. It's more of a Sports Bar with golf simulators, but from what I hear, they are decent.

Brunswick Greens, Burden Lake Country Club, and Hilltop Bowling Alley (that's not a typo!) all have the smaller portable simulators. I've never tried any of them for fear of shanking a ball through a window, but those are the other options in the immediate Albany area.

Ddec is right though, Tark's Indoor Golf in Saratoga is one of the best places that I've ever been to for Sim Golf.

Stop the sim talk! we have plenty of golf left :bulgy-eyes:

True that Matt, I am playing til there's snow on the course!

Playing Arrowhead in Akron tomorrow at 12:24 and have a spot open if anyone is interested.

Playing Arrowhead in Akron tomorrow at 12:24 and have a spot open if anyone is interested.
We got 4, thanks for making the trip Joe!

have fun out there guys.

how is you game Andy, I noticed you handicap is going up quite a bit, what is going on?

We got 4, thanks for making the trip Joe!

You guys are a bad influence! But I can't deny that the days are getting shorter/colder, so I gotta capitalize on these opportunities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back