Funny its the americans making a big deal after they won it anyway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yet SP came out and released a statement apologizing for it, which in turn brought the incident back to the forefront of conversations....but you are right, it's just the Americans making a big deal about it.

Yet SP came out and released a statement apologizing for it, which in turn brought the incident back to the forefront of conversations....but you are right, it's just the Americans make a big deal about it.

Omg she got so much Grief for it so she had no choice. So no its not SP bringing it back.

Omg she got so much Grief for it so she had no choice. So no its not SP bringing it back.

Sorry, I must have missed the article where she says she was forced to apologize.

At the end of the day, she had to make the apology. In 5 years no one will remember who won the Cup, but they will remember this incident. They will remember the way she acted... now they will remember an apology... she had to save face

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Sorry, I must have missed the article where she says she was forced to apologize.

A new Nike contract or no new Nike contract. Difficult decisions

But would you blame Nike for distancing themselves from this situation if she hadn't apologized?

You honestly think Nike would not renew a contract with her over this one incident? Sorry, but that's a bit ridiculous in my opinion.

But would you blame Nike for distancing themselves from this situation if she hadn't apooogized?

Ofcourse she needed to apologies. But is the press focus on her correct? As JB says would Tiger not do the same?

I kind of hope you're right, that the apology was not motivated by her guilt, but rather her not having a choice. The hollow PR words make it easier for me to continue my dislike of her character.

2015 Solheim Cup

Let me ask you something as I'm genuinely curious.

If SP had done nothing wrong why was Hull in tears and completely distraught after the whole incident ?

Let me ask you something as I'm genuinely curious.

If SP had done nothing wrong why was Hull in tears and completely distraught after the whole incident ?

She was just super happy they won the match and "played by the rules"....

Can we please just talk about how Davies looks like Large Marge?
1055e7b987b485decc3d9241a61b1568.jpg

I kind of hope you're right, that the apology was not motivated by her guilt, but rather her not having a choice. The hollow PR words make it easier for me to continue my dislike of her character.

Yes a person who is an ambadsador to Right to Play a Charity organizaton for children who dont have it do well must be a terrible person

Ofcourse she needed to apologies. But is the press focus on her correct? As JB says would Tiger not do the same?

I can't speak for jb, but I think you missed his point... he was setting up a 'shoe on the other foot' scenario where the UK got called on a technicality.... personally I don't think even tiger would pull that Bush league move... and that speaks volumes

Yes a person who is an ambadsador to Right to Play a Charity organizaton for children who dont have it do well must be a terrible person

I am sure the list of millionaires giving back to charity who are terrible people is relatively long. #PRswagger #TaxBreaks

I am sure the list of millionaires giving back to charity who are terrible people is relatively long. #PRswagger #TaxBreaks
Pretty sure OJ gave to charity

Hey subway Jared had a charity and we know how that ended.

I guess I'm not reading too deep into it. Competition brings out the best in some and the worst in others. And it's not always the same each time. She messed up in a competitive moment. Meh.

I would bet in several RC events, the opponents have walked off the green towards the next tee box. It's called 'gamesmanship'. Just because your opponent walks off, does not mean a putt is conceded. The referee has to stay until the hole is completed. Lee has a brainfart. The ref appears to have had a brainfart. The Captains didn't control the situation.

I would bet in several RC events, the opponents have walked off the green towards the next tee box. It's called 'gamesmanship'. Just because your opponent walks off, does not mean a putt is conceded. The referee has to stay until the hole is completed. Lee has a brainfart. The ref appears to have had a brainfart. The Captains didn't control the situation.
'Gamesmanship' isn't always met with positive public opinion... see flopping in basketball, or pretending you died in a soccer match (to draw a card)... sometimes it goes a little too far... the rookie American made a rookie mistake, yet the 'savvy brit' wins the point.... yet she looks cheap and desperate to all

'Gamesmanship' isn't always met with positive public opinion... see flopping in basketball, or pretending you died in a soccer match (to draw a card)... sometimes it goes a little too far... the rookie American made a rookie mistake, yet the 'savvy brit' wins the point.... yet she looks cheap and desperate to all

In this situation, Hull was not walking to the next tee, anyway. She says she was walking over to SP to discuss conceding the putt. If Lee took that as a concession, along with someone in the crown yelling "It's good", again that is on Lee. The Ref and the Captains should have handled that situation better. SP/Hull are trying to win a match for the continent. Sometime wins happen because the opponent makes a mental lapse. Lee did that in this case. Why is SP getting raked over the coals because Lee couldn't mentally handle the situation?

Has there been any explanation from Hull on why she crying? I didn't hear that in the EUR team presser?

In this situation, Hull was not walking to the next tee, anyway. She says she was walking over to SP to discuss conceding the putt. If Lee took that as a concession, along with someone in the crown yelling "It's good", again that is on Lee. The Ref and the Captains should have handled that situation better. SP/Hull are trying to win a match for the continent. Sometime wins happen because the opponent makes a mental lapse. Lee did that in this case. Why is SP getting raked over the coals because Lee couldn't mentally handle the situation?

Has there been any explanation from Hull on why she crying? I didn't hear that in the EUR team presser?

This posted by a Euro website, doesnt answer your question, but its a bit different than just walking over to Suzann.

By the side of the green, Hull could clearly be seen walking towards the next tee in a gesture that golfers the world over will recognize as the tacit concession of a tiny putt. Lee duly scooped her ball up, only to be met by Pettersen’s fiery insistence that no such concession had been made. ‘Europe one up,’ declared the referee, who had no choice but to apply the dictum: rules are rules.
Cue pandemonium. Down the 18th hole the European coterie of captains and assistant captains debated what had happened. Surely one of them could see it drove a coach and horses through the idea that the spirit of the game is a vital part of the integrity of these matches?
Under the rules they had the opportunity to offer a concession of the final hole and make things right. It cried out for strong leadership – or just common sporting decency, for that matter – but sadly none was forthcoming from the captain, Carin Koch.
It says everything about the grotesqueness of it all that Hull had taken her record to four wins out of four – and yet still ended the match in floods of tears. Her discomfort at what had transpired was obvious.
In the Sky studio, former Europe Solheim Cup captain Mickey Walker and Davies did an eloquent job in speaking up for the silent, appalled majority. ‘Europe simply can’t feel good winning like this,’ said Wright, as Europe took a four point lead. ‘A terrible injustice has happened and it’s not right.’
As for the Americans, they huddled in the middle of the 18th fairway and bellowed an impromptu chant:’ Class! Style! Go USA!’ Inkster spoke passionately in a television interview for the golf channel.

This posted by a Euro website, doesnt answer your question, but its a bit different than just walking over to Suzann.

By the side of the green, Hull could clearly be seen walking towards the next tee in a gesture that golfers the world over will recognize as the tacit concession of a tiny putt. Lee duly scooped her ball up, only to be met by Pettersen’s fiery insistence that no such concession had been made. ‘Europe one up,’ declared the referee, who had no choice but to apply the dictum: rules are rules.
Cue pandemonium. Down the 18th hole the European coterie of captains and assistant captains debated what had happened. Surely one of them could see it drove a coach and horses through the idea that the spirit of the game is a vital part of the integrity of these matches?
Under the rules they had the opportunity to offer a concession of the final hole and make things right. It cried out for strong leadership – or just common sporting decency, for that matter – but sadly none was forthcoming from the captain, Carin Koch.
It says everything about the grotesqueness of it all that Hull had taken her record to four wins out of four – and yet still ended the match in floods of tears. Her discomfort at what had transpired was obvious.
In the Sky studio, former Europe Solheim Cup captain Mickey Walker and Davies did an eloquent job in speaking up for the silent, appalled majority. ‘Europe simply can’t feel good winning like this,’ said Wright, as Europe took a four point lead. ‘A terrible injustice has happened and it’s not right.’
As for the Americans, they huddled in the middle of the 18th fairway and bellowed an impromptu chant:’ Class! Style! Go USA!’ Inkster spoke passionately in a television interview for the golf channel.

Wow that was meaner than I would have said it.

I'm not here to argue that Lee made a mental mistake, but from the reports, it sounded like everyone involved was ready to concede... AS and Hull appeared to be on that side... heck, pettersen probably was on it, but saw an opportunity to sneak a point. Legal yes... shady probably. She won the point fair and square... I'm not denying it, but she lost in the court of public opinion... it happens

Koch also pointed out that Lincicome had shouted at Lee not to pick it up, but was “too late”.

Back