Electronics Pondering

Status
Not open for further replies.
No issues with my Vizio or either of the ones my friends have

I am really pondering a larger TV for the living room. Right now we have a 32 inch (that's right a 32 inch) in there and it us just to darn small for my taste even considering that it is a small living room by today's standards. Part of the problem is the cabinet we have the TV in will only hold a length of about 40 inches across and 25 inches high unless I buy a new cabinet and I really don't want that expense. I might could raise the height of the top shelf a little bit, but not much. I am thinking about the widest I could go would be a 43 inch. That isn't a big increase though. I considered putting one on the mantel or mounting a new one above it, but those ideas were not warmly received by She Who Must Be Obeyed (to quote David Feherty). So with all that said: Any recommendations for a 40 to 43 inch model under $500.00?

On another note, if anyone is in the market for a set of Plantronics Backbeat Pro Bluetooth wireless headphones, let me know. I have a new in the box set that I want to move. Gotta pay for a new TV and golf stuff some how.

Ponder no more. Picked up a LG 49 inch 4K TV. My lovely Bride agreed to putting the unit on the mantel. I wanted to go up to a 55 inch, but the deal was pretty good and I don't have to mount it too the wall.

I have an E series LED vizzio and love it. Got a 55 inch for $500 and it has a great picture

Does anyone have any thoughts/history with this one? I know many like Vizio, but having always been a Sony buyer I don't have much to go off in terms of past experience.

I need something inexpensive for upstairs as my old DLP TV is done and this seems like a great option.

http://m.samsclub.com/ip/a/prod17460254

This is on sale at Sam's for $1,099. http://www.samsclub.com/sams/vizio-70in-e-series/prod14880126.ip

If I could only justify it. I can afford it, I just need to make myself want it enough. We'll move the 52" set into the bedroom and the 42" set downstairs (my office). Or in the dart room. Or the guest room.

0084522601095_A

I think we are just going to wait until Black Friday and see what the deals are supposed to be on that TV. I found their ad from last year, and the price now is close to and sometimes less what they were then for TV's.

But not going to wait forever. You can wait forever and never buy anything.

I think we are just going to wait until Black Friday and see what the deals are supposed to be on that TV. I found their ad from last year, and the price now is close to and sometimes less what they were then for TV's.

But not going to wait forever. You can wait forever and never buy anything.

I want a bigger TV for my basement for my man cave. I have decided to wait till Black Friday time to see what price I can get on a 65 or 70 inch. If they can get the 65" 4k at about this price I will probably be buying it.

This is the first smart watch I can see myself wearing. It works on both IOS and Android, although it sounds like its uses are very limited on IOS. It's still hard to spend the money knowing it will be obsolete as fast as my phone. But alot easier than spending $550 on the Apple watch which I wouldn't wear anytime I actually wanted my watch to look nice.

http://consumer.huawei.com/minisite/worldwide/huawei-watch/

This is the first smart watch I can see myself wearing. It works on both IOS and Android, although it sounds like its uses are very limited on IOS. It's still hard to spend the money knowing it will be obsolete as fast as my phone. But alot easier than spending $550 on the Apple watch which I wouldn't wear anytime I actually wanted my watch to look nice.

http://consumer.huawei.com/minisite/worldwide/huawei-watch/

That is a sharp watch. I wasn't able to find their store or a price, have you found one yet?

Anyone have a phone car mount they like? I would prefer it not be a windshield/dashboard mount. I have seen the vent mount ones. Only issue I worry about is whether or not the AC power cord will reach it if I need to use it.

Anyone have a phone car mount they like? I would prefer it not be a windshield/dashboard mount. I have seen the vent mount ones. Only issue I worry about is whether or not the AC power cord will reach it if I need to use it.

I got this one that mounts in a beverage holder and like it because it's stable and keeps the unit away from obscuring the dash and my radio.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00M4LV5H0?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00

I'm sure it's been discussed, might even be a thread for this so I apologize. Help me out here though.....

I just moved into a new house, I have a basement that I need a new TV for. I'm thinking of going with at least 60". So right now at Costco I can get a 70" Vizio E Series 1080p 240Hz LED for $1000. Do I get this, or do I go with a 4k for right around $1400 for a 65" (70" is just under $2000).

I'll mainly be watching movies (Netflix, BluRays) and sports on this one. I'm trying to decide if I'd be better off spending the extra cash to get 4k or if I'd even notice the difference and basically use that $ to put toward my audio system. Looking for some advice here ladies and gentlemen. Thanks!!

I'm sure it's been discussed, might even be a thread for this so I apologize. Help me out here though.....

I just moved into a new house, I have a basement that I need a new TV for. I'm thinking of going with at least 60". So right now at Costco I can get a 70" Vizio E Series 1080p 240Hz LED for $1000. Do I get this, or do I go with a 4k for right around $1400 for a 65" (70" is just under $2000).

I'll mainly be watching movies (Netflix, BluRays) and sports on this one. I'm trying to decide if I'd be better off spending the extra cash to get 4k or if I'd even notice the difference and basically use that $ to put toward my audio system. Looking for some advice here ladies and gentlemen. Thanks!!

Have they made sports look better on 4k? The one game I watched looked choppy and just terrible. The processor couldn't keep up with the moving soccer ball. It shadowed all over the place. That was 6 months ago though.

I'd do the 70" for 1k and get a sweet audio system myself

I'd do the 70" and run. I don't think many programs are up to speed to take advantage of what 4K offers in terms of viewing. That 70" will work just fine. Time the color and sharpen the picture to get to the best viewing experience. Grab a nice sound bar & sub woofer and you'll be in business under $2k

Have they made sports look better on 4k? The one game I watched looked choppy and just terrible. The processor couldn't keep up with the moving soccer ball. It shadowed all over the place. That was 6 months ago though.

I'd do the 70" for 1k and get a sweet audio system myself
That's kind of the way I'm leaning myself. The 70" is pretty sweet and I don't think to the naked eye witout a side by side comparison I'd even notice the difference.

Thanks for the response, hoping to get some more feedback as well!

I'd do the 70" and run. I don't think many programs are up to speed to take advantage of what 4K offers in terms of viewing. That 70" will work just fine. Time the color and sharpen the picture to get to the best viewing experience. Grab a nice sound bar & sub woofer and you'll be in business under $2k
I love how that 70" will completely dominate the room too, it's a big room mind you, but something to be said about seeing a big ol 70" hanging there!

Thanks buddy, how you been anyway? Get that car all fixed up after Nate smashed into you??

I love how that 70" will completely dominate the room too, it's a big room mind you, but something to be said about seeing a big ol 70" hanging there!

Thanks buddy, how you been anyway? Get that car all fixed up after Nate smashed into you??

I have a 60" in my main living room and it being an open floor plan, I wish I would have gone 70"....

Car is all fixed up... Oh the memories

In our Media Room, we skipped 4K. I am still a firm believer that its a ways off, and even moreso, might get skipped over completely.

In our Media Room, we skipped 4K. I am still a firm believer that its a ways off, and even moreso, might get skipped over completely.

There is no real benefit to bring a 4K owner right now unless you have to have it and say "I own a 4K tv"

That's what I've read as well. Most are going to skip the 4k phase and go after 8k

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back