The Happy Happy Joy Joy Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been in Construction, and got laid off a while ago for lack of work. Go figure, in this economy, construction projects are down?

Yesterday I passed my insurance Life/Health test on my first try. Scored a freaking 83! This is why I haven't been around as much the past couple of weeks. Well, I have been here checking things out but not posting as much. I had been studying, reading the book and doing practice tests. But I'm back!

So now, the boss of my house is now the boss of my work! My wife is the office manager for a mortgage life company and I'm going to work for her company in a couple of weeks.

The cool thing is, I get a new laptop for this, so now I have my own, my wife has her own now (the one we shared, but she used 95% of the time!). Only problem is, now I'm on a W-9, so I have to pay for all of my Social Security instead of just half.

On a side note, I think it's hilarious that in a household of two people, we each will have a desktop and a laptop, in addition to her business desktop (she works at home). Five computers for two people, lol.

Congrats Smalls! Glad to hear that you are going to be back to work soon :)

congrats smalls!

In addition to the lunch trucks that we have here at work, there is a NEW breakfast/coffee truck that'll be here everyday...The Sweets Truck!! Just stopped by and got a chai latte and a cinnamon pull-apart. SOO GOOD!! :D

congrats Smalls! now you can say 'if you don't like it, fire me' and she won't knowing she needs your paycheck at home too. lol
I have been in Construction, and got laid off a while ago for lack of work. Go figure, in this economy, construction projects are down?

Yesterday I passed my insurance Life/Health test on my first try. Scored a freaking 83! This is why I haven't been around as much the past couple of weeks. Well, I have been here checking things out but not posting as much. I had been studying, reading the book and doing practice tests. But I'm back!

So now, the boss of my house is now the boss of my work! My wife is the office manager for a mortgage life company and I'm going to work for her company in a couple of weeks.

The cool thing is, I get a new laptop for this, so now I have my own, my wife has her own now (the one we shared, but she used 95% of the time!). Only problem is, now I'm on a W-9, so I have to pay for all of my Social Security instead of just half.

On a side note, I think it's hilarious that in a household of two people, we each will have a desktop and a laptop, in addition to her business desktop (she works at home). Five computers for two people, lol.

Reading Bill Simmons' mailbag today made me LOL at this tweet from one of his readers:

Has there ever been a worse sports contract than Elin Woods for 6yrs/$100m?

Congrats on the new job Smallie! :thumb:

Reading Bill Simmons' mailbag today made me LOL at this tweet from one of his readers:

Has there ever been a worse sports contract than Elin Woods for 6yrs/$100m?

hahaha, Thats pretty good!

Congrats Smalls! Best of luck in the world of insurance

Thanks all, looking forward to it.

I just won a game of H-O-R-S-E in my office on a nerf goal!

I just won a game of H-O-R-S-E in my office on a nerf goal!

Busy day huh??? Congrats on the win, we used to have some mad games of horse in the dorm back in college, behind the back off the wall, nothing but net was my go to shot!!!

Busy day huh??? Congrats on the win, we used to have some mad games of horse in the dorm back in college, behind the back off the wall, nothing but net was my go to shot!!!

nah, we are actually busy right now, I just have to break up my day. Plus I have a wireless headset so I dont miss out on any sales calls. Mine is from behind the door....hahaha. Man, I love Nerf goals

Hey Smalls, just spotted the news. Congrats man! Hope this don't cut down on the golf, lol. By the way, how did your new roof turn out?

I've been on the road with work a bunch and heading out again in a few for another few days. Ask your wife if she ha any openings, haha. I can sweep her office...

I have a really bad habit of burying myself in a project and then I don't interact with anyone so I have missed a lot on here. Congrats Smallville that is great news!!!!

but my birthday isn't until January lol
I have a really bad habit of burying myself in a project and then I don't interact with anyone so I have missed a lot on here. Congrats Smallville that is great news!!!!

I just ate some Cheetos that had been sitting opened on my desk for two weeks. To my extreme delight, they were not stale!

*eyes week-old beef jerkey*

I just ate some Cheetos that had been sitting opened on my desk for two weeks. To my extreme delight, they were not stale!

....LMAO

Cheetos and Twinkies will save mankind in the event of a nuclear disaster

Cheetos and Twinkies will save mankind in the event of a nuclear disaster

Indeed. I'd also have to add those white powder gas station donuts to that list. Sadly, the beef jerky just didn't cut it.

Nice! Not long ago I ate some beef jerkey that was 2 years expired and didn't notice anything. You'll be fine... :D

Nice! Not long ago I ate some beef jerkey that was 2 years expired and didn't notice anything. You'll be fine... :D

You know that beef jerky they sell in some bars that is in the dusty old jar? While it might be older than me, it's still a little slice of heaven after a long night of tipping back some brewskies.

You know that beef jerky they sell in some bars that is in the dusty old jar? While it might be older than me, it's still a little slice of heaven after a long night of tipping back some brewskies.

I'd go for the jerkey before a pickled egg that are always in those establishments.

I'd go for the jerkey before a pickled egg that are always in those establishments.

that's really disappointing dirt!!! mmm, pickled eggs and hot sausages...nothing looks better when you have a good beer buzz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back