The 2015 Grandaddy - Chance Of A Lifetime

I'll see if I can square it away with the wife, what day are we thinking?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Completely up in the air right now. Depending on when works for everyone, I'm open starting next weekend.

Same for me. Just give me a little notice and I can figure out a course etc. if need be

The weekend of october 24th is the only weekend that has potential for me, or possibly take off a weekday earlier that week. My weekends are terrible in October, so no hard feelings if I have to miss it.

The weekend of october 24th is the only weekend that has potential for me, or possibly take off a weekday earlier that week. My weekends are terrible in October, so no hard feelings if I have to miss it.

Aw man, I'd love to wait that long but that is a huge gamble to dodge cold and have enough daylight for 36. Will see what everyone else says.

Aw man, I'd love to wait that long but that is a huge gamble to dodge cold and have enough daylight for 36. Will see what everyone else says.
No worries man! Between weddings and us being short staffed at work it would be hard to manage. I would like to get out and meet some of my teammates though, if anyone is feeling a slightly southern get together in november

For you guys that have been there, is the mountain effect when putting severe or have the course designers done a great job of building subtle breaks into the greens when you wouldn't expect them?

I just spent the last few hours going through last years live update thread. Oh man.

For you guys that have been there, is the mountain effect when putting severe or have the course designers done a great job of building subtle breaks into the greens when you wouldn't expect them?

I thought there were some unexpected breaks for sure. I relied a decent amount on the Forecaddies.

I think each group gets a fore caddie who shares that type of knowledge too.

BTW, that sentence I just typed blows my mind. I've never been to a course nice enough to have fore caddies...
I've been a forecaddie but never had one for a round

I just spent the last few hours going through last years live update thread. Oh man.
Reread the whole thread last week and it was incredible

Both that thread and the recap are great reads

Just think, Friday or Monday this team will be full. Then it's balls to the wall to get ready to bring down the #Zoocrew.

For those of you already picked, are you ready?

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Ok. Question for all former Grandaddy participants. I've asked this to a couple guys but never on the forum so I'll post it.

What is your favorite memory of your grandaddy experience? What's the one thing that comes to mind when someone mentions this event?

I think each group gets a fore caddie who shares that type of knowledge too.

BTW, that sentence I just typed blows my mind. I've never been to a course nice enough to have fore caddies...
Yes forecaddies are awesome! They run out there and give you the safe sign if your good, they track down your ball and give you yardage. They will even help you read putts if you ask. Honestly their knowledge is invaluable. Ask for their help!

And guys also don't forget about the members you play with. They are awesome people and know a little bit about the course too. If anyone is lucky enough to play with Al tell him I said hi!

I understand you want to be prepared but do you really think you're going to factor in the Santa Annas when you read a putt...come on man! Jk bro, I just see you being lost in the moment that is the Grandaddy and smiling like a kid that got his first kiss under the bleachers. At least that would be me...

Ok. Question for all former Grandaddy participants. I've asked this to a couple guys but never on the forum so I'll post it.

What is your favorite memory of your grandaddy experience? What's the one thing that comes to mind when someone mentions this event?

The smiles...

The gear is amazing
The talk is amazing
The course is amazing

But watching the smiles is something special. You have Callaway guys and THP guys all talking about equipment together and its just awe inspiring.

The thing that I remember being told was that things tended to break to the southwest when in doubt, toward the Sultan Sea. I know it may be tough to get a bearing out there to recognize it, but that's what I recall if I am correct. Just wait and see for yourself :)

Jaws constantly dragging on the floor as a general theme, which was ALL THE TIME.

A few examples of instances are as follows: arriving at the airport with the limo driver having a sign with my name on it (and that ATLClive75 guy), the excitement in the buses heading from the hotel to ECPC, the entire time at ECPC (range, equipment, Q&A session), the bus ride to the desert, arriving at The Hideaway, playing at the Hideaway, COMFORT STATIONS, and even the victory dinner afterward. It was all jaw dropping.

Wow! I'm getting more excited by the minute!

Here is a newb question. Do we truly not bring our own clubs? What about other equipment like rangefinders, equipment bag (to bring clubs home) etc?

Everything! I know that sounds generic but the whole experience that is the Grandaddy was awesome from start to finish. From the personal driver at the airport, to meeting my teammates, to Ethan showing up at our dinner. Then the lack of sleep because of excitement. The ECPC...the fitting....Rodger Effing Cleveland! Meeting the zoocrew, the bus ride, The hideaway! The new equipment magically appearing on the range...comfort stations! The pairings.. the golf

Seriously. There is no one thing because the whole thing was amazing from start to finish.

I am going to drive myself crazy since I can't stop thinking about this for the next 75 days.

The effing Grandaddy.

Don't worry guys, this is NOT the 19th hole at the Hideaway, nor a sign giving directions.
491f5a95edef9e8c421d4e7c023924bd.jpg

I am pumped up for those able to experience this!

Wow! I'm getting more excited by the minute!

Here is a newb question. Do we truly not bring our own clubs? What about other equipment like rangefinders, equipment bag (to bring clubs home) etc?

Well we have not announced that as of yet, but last year, people just had them shipped to them after the event by Callaway. I did bring a range finder however, but the fore caddies gave me every distance.

I keep thinking how nuts it is the team is almost set. Going to be such an awesome event. Truly would be a dream come true to experience.

I've never played a round with a caddie before. I was a caddie for 13 years and envied the guys I was caddying for

I've never played a round with a caddie before. I was a caddie for 13 years and envied the guys I was caddying for
This^^ I've had a spotter for one hole in a tourney in HS, but this is a whole new level...

Back