Titleist 716 AP2 Irons Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.
Titleist info comes today.

Excited! After spending a little time with the 714 line recently I've come to enjoy the AP2 and MB options. Granted MB might be a stretch, but I really love the look and feel.

Hmmmmmmm I actually like these, alot!

I was looking at pics of these over the weekend and want to hit these.

I like the look of them a lot more than I did at first. Not bad, not bad at all.

I can look, but I can't touch ?

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Cant wait to give these a smack or two. I was just falling in love with the 714 the other day in the hitting bay at the smith, so wonder what these will feel like.

I hit the AP1 and AP2 last week. I only spent 15 minutes or so, but my initial impression vs my XR Pros: 1/2 a club shorter, but felt better. I didn't see too much difference between the 2 APs in terms of the numbers or feel...but I liked the look of the AP2 at address better.

I'm going to leave in a few minutes to hit them both for an hour, including mixing up some different shafts. My mind wants the the AP2 because I like the look, but my sensible side is leaning towards the AP1 since I'm concerned about whether or not I should be playing the AP2 (opting for looks/feel over forgiveness seems a bit risky).

Of course the new Apex is intriguing too...so we'll see when I get my hands on those. I don't really have a burning need to get rid of the XR Pros...but it would be fun to get a new set...so I'll keep testing.

Going to dial in my shaft selection then putting my order in today! I am getting pretty excited about these. Like most have said, at first I really liked the look of the 714 over the 716... but it is starting to grow on me. I am really excited to also try out the DG AMT shafts.

Going to dial in my shaft selection then putting my order in today! I am getting pretty excited about these. Like most have said, at first I really liked the look of the 714 over the 716... but it is starting to grow on me. I am really excited to also try out the DG AMT shafts.

Enjoy em dude!

Did the 716's have less of a 'click' sound at Impact compared to the 714's? I have heard that's the case, but haven't had a chance to hit them yet

Did the 716's have less of a 'click' sound at Impact compared to the 714's? I have heard that's the case, but haven't had a chance to hit them yet
This has me curious as well because while that click is pure Titleist tradition, I'm in the group who likes a little more dense sound/feeling. As always though, I'm sure they are another solid set of Titleist irons.

This has me curious as well because while that click is pure Titleist tradition, I'm in the group who likes a little more dense sound/feeling. As always though, I'm sure they are another solid set of Titleist irons.
Has me wondering the same thing. One of the reasons why I never pulled the trigger on the AP2s was that firm/clicky feel at impact. My MP15s were the same way, but not as pronounced.

Thanks guys! I ended up going with 4-PW 716's with DG AMT's! Let me say the 716's definitely look better in person than in pics. They also maintain the same shape and top line. When I hit them today, they had great feel and didn't sound too loud click wise (if I can remember correctly).

I am am really excited. The new Dynamic Gold AMT were fun to hit and produced really tight dispersion and identical launch angle. The fitter said they have already had great response to them after only a few days of having them in for fittings.

Thanks guys! I ended up going with 4-PW 716's with DG AMT's! Let me say the 716's definitely look better in person than in pics. They also maintain the same shape and top line. When I hit them today, they had great feel and didn't sound too loud (if I can remember correctly).

I am am really excited. The new Dynamic Gold AMT were fun to hit and produced really tight dispersion and identical launch angle. The fitter said they have already had great response to them after only a few days of having them in for fittings.

Very nice, definitely looking forward to your feedback as time goes on. Really do want to hit these eventually.

I will definitely post updates! I should have them in hand on the release date (October 23rd)

Has me wondering the same thing. One of the reasons why I never pulled the trigger on the AP2s was that firm/clicky feel at impact. My MP15s were the same way, but not as pronounced.

We think the same way my friend, it was a personal issue for me that kept me from pursuing them for my bag after the review, but I know it was a "Titleist sound".

Still think the 14's look better than these, but I want to see them in hand still.

I will definitely post updates! I should have them in hand on the release date (October 23rd)

Very nice. LOTS OF PICS!!!

Deal. And yes, I definitely thought they looked night and day better in hand than the pics... I think you will be surprised!

Thanks guys! I ended up going with 4-PW 716's with DG AMT's! Let me say the 716's definitely look better in person than in pics. They also maintain the same shape and top line. When I hit them today, they had great feel and didn't sound too loud click wise (if I can remember correctly).

Sweet. I have these on my mind and hope to get swings in soon with them.

The more I see these the more I like them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back