How much do you pay for a round?

Ugh i know. Golf is way too expensive for anyone to pay for. Lucky to be in the industry

There are trade offs for sure. Some would argue that it is all relative based on pay!

it should be said that i don't do it for the money. you have to really love the game to work in it. and if all you want to do it play...

don't work in it.

it really is nice. but when you're out playing on saturdays and sundays....

i'm in the pro shop watching your pace of play or on the range giving lessons. so there's a trade-off. did i mention the stuff? lol.

it should be said that i don't do it for the money. you have to really love the game to work in it. and if all you want to do it play...

don't work in it.

so youre a teaching pro?

Lets keep this one about cost guys. THanks.

Well my home course at which my fiancee and myself are members, usually runs me about 21.50 a week for 36 holes of golf and a cart she plays on sundays with me. If I pay any other place around town it will be a coupon deal where it is usually buy 1 greens fee get one free, more power to all of you that can afford 40.00 + to play golf we just cant do it and that is with both of us working full time.

Last edited:
If I pay any other place around town it will be a coupon deal where it is usually by 1 greens fee get one free

Do you use an Entertainment Book? Not sure if there's one for your area, but if you do, they're great to have. The one published for this area has a ton of BOGO coupons for golf. Also great for local restaurants, retailers, and has saved me hundreds on hotels and car rentals.

Most is $125. Tomorrow I'm playing Pole Creek in Winter Park, and at $93 one of the better deals on a mountain course. My home course only costs me $14 with cart, but that's the employee rate. :D Normal resident rate is around $49 to ride, $35 to walk.

Some of you who said things like $20 with cart.... is that for 18 holes??????? If so, are they muni's, where you play out the difference in taxes? or are they in pretty rough shape? I don't see how a course could possibly survive at $20 for 18 holes and still offer a decent golfing experience. My home course is the local equivalent of a muni, and it is kept in top shape and gives a very good experience for the player, but you'll pay around $53 to ride 18 holes on Fri-Sun.

Some of you who said things like $20 with cart.... is that for 18 holes??????? If so, are they muni's, where you play out the difference in taxes? or are they in pretty rough shape? I don't see how a course could possibly survive at $20 for 18 holes and still offer a decent golfing experience. My home course is the local equivalent of a muni, and it is kept in top shape and gives a very good experience for the player, but you'll pay around $53 to ride 18 holes on Fri-Sun.

Yeah we have daily deals here that I've seen for $12-$20 for 18 and a cart. Only problem is it's in summer and the tee time is at 12P-1P (in which case you might as well be playing on the surface of the sun). That's at a Semi-private course and it is in good, if not, great condition.

Yeah we have daily deals here that I've seen for $12-$20 for 18 and a cart. Only problem is it's in summer and the tee time is at 12P-1P (in which case you might as well be playing on the surface of the sun). That's at a Semi-private course and it is in good, if not, great condition.

Ok... but you are talking about off season specials... here it's high season. The only specials are for those who purchased discount books last spring, and even then the deals aren't that cheap (basically a free cart for 18 holes after 1 PM). Now is when courses around here make their money, so true specials are hard to find. Our off season is winter, and that's when you will have to look hard to find a "deal" in Florida. I was wondering more about those in KY and IL who were talking such cheap golf.

Ok... but you are talking about off season specials... here it's high season. The only specials are for those who purchased discount books last spring, and even then the deals aren't that cheap (basically a free cart for 18 holes after 1 PM). Now is when courses around here make their money, so true specials are hard to find. Our off season is winter, and that's when you will have to look hard to find a "deal" in Florida. I was wondering more about those in KY and IL who were talking such cheap golf.

Yeah this is off season but even during fall/spring (our high season) we have $20 deals as well. We have the quantity factor here kind of like booking a hotel room in Vegas.

there are literally tons of courses around here and i think that plays a factor in the pricing...
here's a hint on why the courses dont charge premium rates no matter what shape theyre in (competition)...
there was a tpc course here and they were charging $125 a pop... there are literally 4 courses within 10 mins in prime shape (one being an arnold palmer signature course) that charge less than half the price of the tpc course...
well the tpc course didnt last long... the only ppl willing to play there were an occasional tourist that had no clue there were comparable courses for much cheaper...
the tpc was bought by the city and is now called virginia beach national and they are now reasonably priced...
the only guys willing to shell out big bucks here are paying for private courses with lots of member perks

Our off season is winter, and that's when you will have to look hard to find a "deal" in Florida. I was wondering more about those in KY and IL who were talking such cheap golf.

Not anymore. There are TONS of deals to be had in FL during peak season nowadays. Lots of competition and declining tourism and economy lead to deals.

I'm curious what everyone pays for a round of golf on the average? Every time I read about recommended courses in the magazines they always seem to be well over $100...many of them are close to $200.

I can't imagine paying that much for 1 round of golf. I know this is an expensive sport/hobby but some of the greens fees out there just seem outrageous...

What's the most you have ever spent for 1 round? Whats the most you would spend?

I play 3 courses. The most common one, closest to my house, I usually pay ~$40 to walk. If there's a tournament there, I play Harding Park (site of last year's president's cup) for an overpriced $90 (I don't think the usual condition of the course merits that price). Once a month or so I pay $100 to play Stanford, which I think is worth the price.

Most I would spend... I'll play Pebble eventually. So $495. :D

Usually in the $30 if walking and up to $50 if riding. My preference is walking. Boots on the ground gives me good exercise and relaxation. $Most I've paid??? $100 for high season course in Mesa Az. Gold Mountain--the Dinosaur-- and that was a twilight rate. Which course if $ was unlimited? Whistling Staits At Kohler. $350 without caddy and tip is a little rich for me. I'll wait till they give the locals a break!!!!!

I just dont think I could bring myself to pay more than $50 for a round. I regularly play local courses for $20 or even less. My game (and current budget) is just not good enough to play the nice expensive courses. There is no way I would ever drop $500 to play Pebble or Sawgrass, etc. I would rather play my local course 25 times

I just dont think I could bring myself to pay more than $50 for a round. I regularly play local courses for $20 or even less. My game (and current budget) is just not good enough to play the nice expensive courses. There is no way I would ever drop $500 to play Pebble or Sawgrass, etc. I would rather play my local course 25 times

Maybe now would be the perfect time for guys like us to play Pebble Beach. We'll definitely get our money's worth if you break it down by the numbers:

- Shooting 100 will cost you about $5 every time you swing a club
- Shooting Par will you cost you about $7 per stroke

Last edited:
Here in the Northeast golf is rather expensive. I typically pay around $80 per round. The local course I play is about $50 but I also like to travel to some other top public access courses in MA that charge $100 or so. The most I have paid I think is $275 to play No. 2. Not sure what the Ocean Course cost as it was part of a package deal but I think it was in the ballpark of No. 2. Heading out to Bandon Dunes next year where each round is $220. The only courses I have a hard time paying the greens fees for are Pebble and Shadow Creek. Anything over $350 is totally unreasonable to me unless I get to play with Morgan Pressel or Paula Creamer.

Back