Here's is a pic of the original Old Coots before Sundays round. We always enjoy getting together.

It is good to see additions to the original group each time we get together. We may be short knockers now but we still are competitive from the proper tees.

Thanks again Greg & T0AD!

uploadfromtaptalk1444655556076.jpg

Piece of cake.

03527cc3471a7eb997f8bddccdcdea45.jpg

Made it the first day from about 220 to just off the front right of the green. Not in position to challenge it Sunday after a crappy tee shot but still deposited one in the pit trying to pull off a stupid shot trying to advance it as far as possible up the left side of the pit....

And the one and only Ole Gray came out the grand champion of fun, thus winning the now-coveted Gethering Jacket and trophy

IMG_0595_zpsv6koq1xt.jpg
That's hands-down the biggest trophy I've ever seen at a THP-related event. Congrats Ole Gray!

I feel proud of myself to say, yeah I parred that biotch!!
I bogeyed the first day with one in the
pit. Par on day two after playing smarter on the second shot. :thumb:

Love the jacket! That's a fantastic prize for the winner!

That's hands-down the biggest trophy I've ever seen at a THP-related event. Congrats Ole Gray!

Love the jacket! That's a fantastic prize for the winner!

Sean & Greg are the best! How they come up with this stuff is amazing and hilarious at the same time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well crap, did anyone happen to pick up a rain suit? I had mine packed in a small backpack and forgot to take it off of my cart Saturday. I called the course this a.m. and they are going to look for me (they are closed on Monday) I am hoping it is still hooked to the side of the cart as that is how I attach it to the cart rather than taking space in the basket behind the seats.

Kinderlou just called and said they have my rain suit, it will be shipped to me so all is well. Huge thanks to Jerry and his staff.

TOAD and Greg, thanks so much for setting the whole trip up, it was beyond fun for my first experience with most of the GA/FLA crew. You guys had everything planned, ready and executed like pros, with TOAD's scoring algorithm somehow being damn accurate lol.

Sox, DawgDaddy, OG, Martsy, TOAD, Wake... such a pleasure playing with you guys, I'm far too serious when it comes to golf, and you guys helped me keep myself in check and have fun. I'm sure that had nothing to do with my solid play haha. Hope to see all my friends again soon, old and new!

TOAD and Greg, thanks so much for setting the whole trip up, it was beyond fun for my first experience with most of the GA/FLA crew. You guys had everything planned, ready and executed like pros, with TOAD's scoring algorithm somehow being damn accurate lol.

Sox, DawgDaddy, OG, Martsy, TOAD, Wake... such a pleasure playing with you guys, I'm far too serious when it comes to golf, and you guys helped me keep myself in check and have fun. I'm sure that had nothing to do with my solid play haha. Hope to see all my friends again soon, old and new!
FYI You ain't coming in as a 10 next time. :beat-up:

I think you can call it a trophy in the absolute loosest sense of the word...

I was on your team bro lol. I played at my HC, 83, 77 (white tees), 81
That 81 should have been about a 77, from the blue/white mix. I'd say in another six months, you'll be killing it. How about a Sox / Jed matchup, straight up?

That 81 should have been about a 77, from the blue/white mix. I'd say in another six months, you'll be killing it. How about a Sox / Jed matchup, straight up?
I think I'd lose but sure lol
and I hope you're right buddy!

I'll never let Scott play anyone he doesn't have to give an inordinate amount of pops to after all that belly aching last week.

I think I'd lose but sure lol
and I hope you're right buddy!

You would have kicked my arse Saturday if you were hitting your irons worth a darn. But I guess the same could be said for my less than stellar Saturday short game...

I'll never let Scott play anyone he doesn't have to give an inordinate amount of pops to after all that belly aching last week.

Straight up is good!!! My belly aching ended after the 11 dot round was complete. Took my playing well down the stretch to overcome the 3 Sunday dots to that putting wizard known as jitzy!

You would have kicked my arse Saturday if you were hitting your irons worth a darn. But I guess the same could be said for my less than stellar Saturday short game...

Our match will be called "battle of the underwhelming irons/short game"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At least someone figured out the greens. Long one day, short the next. Couldn't catch a rhythm on them.

Toad & Greg - Thanks for making this a great, fun weekend.

What a great group of guys to golf with and get to know. A opportunity to play on a fantastic course and the pit sure makes things interesting, I have to admit I played safe both days to avoid trouble. I will definitely make sure this is on my calendar for me next year.

So is it too early to start talking about the spring?

At least we know that March 27 through 10 April is off-limits.
Kinda miffed it's a leap year which makes us wait one more day for 'that' weekend.

Can't do the weekend between Easter and Masters?

Back