The 2015 Grandaddy - Chance Of A Lifetime

really I haven't looked. I know you can find these inexpensively. Hell if did go that route, I'd even think about throwing out options and letting THP decide.

Callaway-Golf-Xfer-Vibe-Golf-Shoes-2015-Model_Default_ALT1_225.jpeg
I might have spoke too soon. Looking at Callaway's site, not seeing many options in size 14. Maybe I just cut the toe out and show off my sock game, after someone helps me with my sock game of course (looking at you MikeG)

I never asked, anyone else on the United Flight out of Chicago and 9:09 AM?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Yes, I am! I thought I was alone. Flying out of O'Hare 9:09am. Seat 31F. Same seat for the return flight from San Diego.

Yes, I am! I thought I was alone. Flying out of O'Hare 9:09am. Seat 31F. Same seat for the return flight from San Diego.
What time is your return flight? On the way back I'm flying through Chicago.

I might have spoke too soon. Looking at Callaway's site, not seeing many options in size 14. Maybe I just cut the toe out and show off my sock game, after someone helps me with my sock game of course (looking at you MikeG)

Golf sandals. Problem taken care of and then the socks would be optional. :alien2: Plus, I think JB would LOVE it. :bananadance:Because we know how he likes feet.

I would love to rep what THP whatever THP wants! As long as it looks good holding the belt! :alien:

if Callaway does not provide shoes(did year 1, not year 2), any thought in to ordering a pair to match up?

Yep, I would be game for this.

Nice im seat 35A both ways!

Nice im seat 35A both ways!

Cool. I'm a window seat guy as well. I usually don't get up much, so it's nice just being able to sit there and not get up and down all the time.

I'm game for a pair of matching shoes. Was thinking about grabbing a pair of Callaway shoes this morning

Gosh I'm so excited for you folks! It's coming so quickly.

Ok THP. We're just over 6 weeks away from boarding our flights to embark on the greatest journeys of our lives. SIX FREAKING WEEKS!. Us 12 THPers have a chance and opportunity most can only dream of. In fact, I am dreaming about how this is going to be every night. There so much i want to discuss in here, so many thoughts running through my head.... but i dont think it would do this thread, this event and our team any good to clog this thread with banter. What i think our team needs is to know a little something more about each one of the members. Im lucky enough to have met some of my team through THP events and gatherings, but there is a decent number of my teammates i know very little about and they know very little about me. Honestly, how we play as a team is one thing, and thats going to happen no matter what. But how our team enjoys themselves and the bond we create and memories that stick with us will all be improved if we know more about eachother. So I am going to post some things about myself that you may not know, some not golf related, but all related to how i got here in my own journey to Redemption. I will be open to questions from my teammates and also the rest of the THP community. I know we are going to have the backing of the greatest golf forum out there, but that backing could be larger if they know who is actually out there playing for them.

My name is Phil Vedda. I am 28 yeard old and was born and raised just 20 minutes west of Cleveland, Ohio. Cleveland is a city that takes a lot of crap, and rightfully so, but the people from Cleveland will tell you there isnt another city they would rather be from. I am a HUGE Cleveland sports fan and a lot of times that passion is a big part of me. Everything i do is at 110%. If my name is going to be on it, it has to be my best effort. Growing up in a blue collar home, i was taught very early that in life, nothing is given, everything is earned and i have taken that lesson in life and put it towards everything i do. I am the oldest child in the family and have a 26 year old sister and a 21 year old brother. My sister is the mother to a beautiful daughter, Antonia, who is my goddaughter. My brother is a wrestler at Cleveland State University and studying to be a criminal psychologist. My father is 55 year old and works in the printing industry and my mother is 53 years old who works for the local school system as a teachers aid during the day and owns her own dance studio where she works during the evenings. We have always been a close family family with a larger extended family. My dads grandparents are from Sicily and growing up i learned that there is nothing more important in life than family. In fact, my brother and i have the same tattoos that say "Family Forever" in Sicilian. I got married at 22, had my first born son at 23 and now am the father to two amazing little boys, Jaxon (5) and Jace (1). I started playing golf at 13 and took a love for it right away. My father is probably my biggest influence in the game. He always said a day on the golf course is better than a day at work, and he loved to work. So that told me i was lucky to be on a course enjoying my time with him.

I first found THP back in 2011 when i was looking for reviews on the R11 and Burner 2.0 and im so grateful i found this place. Ive met some of life's most amazing people and Im lucky to call them friends. Ive played golf in states i never thought i would go to, played courses i never thought i would step foot on and that will continue in 6 weeks. The grandaddy will be my 6th event this year, 8th total and that has allowed me to tee it up with some great people. People i still talk to almost daily. People that have met my wife and kids, been over to my house, exchanged baby gifts, everything. This has truly opened the doors to lifelong friendships and brotherhoods that i never knew were possible. What im hoping comes of this post is my teammates get to know a little something more about me and that helps lay the foundation for more great friendships and bonds that last a lifetime. I hope some, if not all, of you guys take the time to tell us a little something more about you. I know i would love to know more about the guys im sharing the greatest 4 days of my golfing life with.

Sorry if this got long winded. Sorry it was a lot to read. But i love this site, i love this community and i want our journey to be shared with everyone. Team Redemption isnt just us 12. Its everyone.

Nice to meet you Phil!

I won't quote that post Phil, but I absolutely LOVE it!
I'm exited for you guys! I hope others on the team follow suit, and it opens the door for discussions to get to know the other members of the team!

Good (no great!) stuff!

Great stuff, Phil. Thanks for sharing and great idea. I think it helps the nonparticipants who may not met everyone on the team connect with the journey you all are going on to know more about each of you personally.

Good idea Phil.

A little about me. My name is Thomas Baker and I am 25 years old. Grew up in a very small town in eastern NC that is also the home of Cherry Point Military Base. Growing up we didn't have much and because of that didn't see my dad a ton as he was working 3 jobs just to be able to take care of the family. But that is also a big part of who I am and who I have become. From a young age I learned that you have to work for everything you have and that you have to do whatever it takes to take care of your family. I have 2 sisters 29 and 27. My family owns 4 Little Caesars in our area that the whole family works at. We also own a Little Caesars food truck which I run 5-6 days a week. I got married back in 2012 when I was 22 and this June we decided to get a divorce. It has been hard but I am a firm believer in everything happens for a reason. I grew up playing soccer and basketball. Sports is my passion. If anyone that I know has a sports question they call me.

I found THP in 2013 searching for a review on some club. I used to think of this is just a website until I went to my first event this year. Met some incredible people. And while going through this divorce I have found that people here truly do care about their fellow THPer. Knowing that no matter what people in almost every state would be willing to help me out at the drop of a hat is incredible to me. This will be my 4th event this year and each event has helped bring me out of my shell more and more. I didn't start playing golf till I was about 22 and my father is 100 percent the reason why I am in to golf. I am very close with my dad and so I went golfing with him once just to send some time with him and I fell in love with the game.

Looking forward to hearing more about my teammates and can't wait to meet you

Great idea Phil. I think a little insight into each of us can only help solidify our team.

As for me I'm Michael Gutierrez, a 41 year old father of two beautiful girls, Reaghan and Sloane, and husband to my amazing wife Michelle. The support they have given me with my golf passion, THP involvement and now the ultimate golf event i'll ever experience can't be place into words. I'm truly grateful for my immediate family because without them I am nothing. They truly are my foundation.

I am the oldest of 3, sadly we lost my sister early, and there is just my brother and myself now. I was born and raised in Houston, Texas, the East End more specifically. For those that don't know that's the barrio of Houston. Not a great place and my mom worked two and three jobs to keep me out of the streets and on a straight path. Having never met my dad, it was just my mom to instill the discipline I needed and I credit her for the man I am today. She met my stepdad when I was 6 or 7 & I am forever grateful to him for raising me and being that fatherly figure I needed. I grew up in some rough areas and sadly all of my childhood friends are either gone, in jail or still chasing the fast money. I'm looked at as a "sell out" and that's ok with me. I bucked the trend with help from a strong family to not get caught up & made a wonderful life for myself and my family. Something I will never apologize for.

I grew up with knowledge of golf, but we didn't have the finances to enjoy the game. Plus growing up where I did, hustling and running the streets was what we did. It was not the best way to go about life, but when you don't know any better you just keep on doing it. I guess the golf bug bit me in middle school sometime. The Masters was the only real tournament that I watched each year, and that usually was around Easter time. So I would find the TV on Sunday and watch the back nine drama unfold. My most vivid memory was the Greg Norman collapse. So as I grew up I would always watch the Masters each year with dreams of one day walking those grounds.

Golf didn't become a mainstay in my life until around 98 or 99. A buddy invited me out to play and I used his dad's Spalding Tour Blades that had a sweet spot of a dime. Obviously I was not very good, but all it took was one shot and I was hooked. Fast forward to January of 2013 and I stumbled across THP. I was looking for information on golf balls because my beloved TM Penta TP3 was being phased out and I needed a new ball to play. I signed up, but lurked a lot because early on I realized that topics moved a light speed and I never felt comfortable chiming in. In May of 2013 I suffered what we now know was a heart attack and it put me in the hospital for 7 Days. That gave me time to really dig into THP and understand more about the site. I stumbled across the 2013 MC threads and I was hooked. Having played sports all my life, I loved the team aspect the MC brought to the table. Right then and there I decided I was jumping into the deep end and I'm glad I did.

It's crazy to think, but in the short time at THP I've built friendships that are stronger than I could ever have imagined and I know I have some solid friends I can lean on for anything that comes my way. As for me, what you see is what you get. I don't pull any punches and i'm brutally honest. I'm the most loyal person you'll ever meet and will move heaven and earth to help out a friend if I'm needed. If I have a dollar, you have half of that. Cross me and we're done. You have one shot with me, test my loyalty or burn me when I was trying to help you and I'm writing you off. I don't have time for negativity or anyone who isn't appreciative of what my friendship brings to the table. As a competitor I'm a bulldog. I don't give up, I like to talk sh**,but most importantly I will always have fun. I'm the teammate who is always talking, always helping get the team mindset ready for the task at hand & I will never let a teammate get down on themselves. We win and lose together.

If you have made it this far congratulations!! Hopefully this gives a little insight into who I am and i'm an open book to anyone who wants to know more.

Phil, PHENOMENAL idea.

These posts make me smile and happier than you know. I'll get to writing here as soon as lunch hour hits.

I like it guys!

I'm Matt Harvey, and no not the one about to pitch in the World Series. My bankroll is much smaller than his. I'm 28 years old, originally from Islip, NY, which is on Long Island. Middle child of 3 boys, now men, with 4 years separating me each of my brothers. Grew up playing just about every sport but never really got exposed to golfing on the regular. Went on to College in Upstate NY where I met my wife, graduated with a degree in Water Resources, and played D3 Lacrosse. This January will mark 2 years married and 10 years together. After bouncing around a bit post college trying to use our actual degrees for jobs we both landed Civil Service jobs right where she grew up. She works for DSS for Chemung County, while I work the City of Elmira Fire Department.

My wifes father is definitely the biggest influence on me having started to play golf. Couple that with the fact that if I am doing anything I research, research, and research again. Which of course is how I stumbled upon THP, Googling stuff all the time the most reliable information I ever came across was from THP. Long time reader, scattered poster but have added when I have felt I could. This year I have been more involved than I was before, and I finally jumped on the Event train and had a blast meeting people in Pittsburgh. Not gonna lie, I made the trip with my wife because we were both unsure of the whole spectrum of the whole thing. Well we learned pretty quickly how awesome everyone is,we both walked away amazed that you can take 60 strangers and everyone be nice, genuine people and no one seems to be a Richard! I obviously cant feel any luckier considering that the #Grandaddy is only my second event but I definitely won't be my last!

Great stuff so far guys. I'll add my info when I'm at my computer tonight.

Good idea Phil.

A little about me. My name is Thomas Baker and I am 25 years old. Grew up in a very small town in eastern NC that is also the home of Cherry Point Military Base. Growing up we didn't have much and because of that didn't see my dad a ton as he was working 3 jobs just to be able to take care of the family. But that is also a big part of who I am and who I have become. From a young age I learned that you have to work for everything you have and that you have to do whatever it takes to take care of your family. I have 2 sisters 29 and 27. My family owns 4 Little Caesars in our area that the whole family works at. We also own a Little Caesars food truck which I run 5-6 days a week. I got married back in 2012 when I was 22 and this June we decided to get a divorce. It has been hard but I am a firm believer in everything happens for a reason. I grew up playing soccer and basketball. Sports is my passion. If anyone that I know has a sports question they call me.

I found THP in 2013 searching for a review on some club. I used to think of this is just a website until I went to my first event this year. Met some incredible people. And while going through this divorce I have found that people here truly do care about their fellow THPer. Knowing that no matter what people in almost every state would be willing to help me out at the drop of a hat is incredible to me. This will be my 4th event this year and each event has helped bring me out of my shell more and more. I didn't start playing golf till I was about 22 and my father is 100 percent the reason why I am in to golf. I am very close with my dad and so I went golfing with him once just to send some time with him and I fell in love with the game.

Looking forward to hearing more about my teammates and can't wait to meet you

Dude, I did not realize you were from Havelock. I live in Wilmington and my parents live in Greenville. I know there isn't much time before the event, but if you want to try to meet up to play, or if there is anything I can do to help, let me know.

Great idea Phil! Looking forward to reading up on the whole team.

Back