Camilo Villegas Leaving Cobra For Taylormade

anyways anyone think Camillz i do believe that is what we decided to call him will have a new red, white, and black color scheme it seems like he pretty well matches up with Cobra's colors this year any thoughts?

I think he matches up very well with Citizen Kane's color scheme this year.
Any colors at all and I'll be happy, I don't think he dresses to match his sponsor's color scheme.

I think the yellow will stay. Of couse he will still wear black cus Player is his favorite pro. Red might be more prominent but he'd be stealing sergios thunder. Whites definitely gonna be in there some.

i think that the red would be cool for like a major or something when sergio busts out the all black look just say ok and pow instant tv and media attention cause lets be honest some red and white matchups, plz stay away from the red and black look, but red and white BALLIN

also TM painters caps anybody?

Last edited:
Im surprised he doesn't do blue and orange for his gators.

probably doesnt want to come across as an idiot, its ok its not his fault he couldnt go to a good school, but on a fashion note for him i bet a custom TM bag like this years with the orange and blue from the us open bag the darker blue would look sick

I have my opinion and that is just what it is. I have no problems with anyone disagreeing with me but you have attacked me and called into question my integrity.

As I stated for about 12 pages, there is nothing wrong with having your opinion. But you sir state it as fact and I quoted it every single time for emphasis. None of what you have said for 15 pages is fact and is nothing more than your opinion on the topic. When you start a post with "The Fact Is", it means you are actually supposed be telling facts or have some sort of anything to back up what you are saying.

I believe that is why people are struggling with this one so much. Its not a knock on you as a person, because frankly, I kinda like you. You stand by your convictions and believe a nice debate, as long as its civil, is a good thing.

Last edited:
All i know is that Camillz tha thrillz has skillz that killz... And TM was smart enough to take advantage of that. I bet with TM's stuff, Camillz' career takes off like a fricken rocket, he'll win 2, 3 maybe 4 times.

I don't see anything wrong with thinking that newer technology isn't so great but I don't get stating it as fact. It is a fact that technology has made the game easier for everyone. Pro's don't always hit the sweet spot so in the event they don't, especially in a tournament, they may want the forgiveness of new technology. In the end it does come down to personal feel. Which is personal. Ha. I'm really enjoying this thread.

I can't confirm but my gut feeling is Camilo liked what he saw in Taylormade equipment. Might just be a better fit for him.

why are more and more touring professionals playing cavity backed irons as opposed to blades?

why are more and more touring professionals playing cavity backed irons as opposed to blades?

Because they've been hitting me up for advice and Ive been telling them about the forgiveness and distance gains. Boom! They switch.

Because they've been hitting me up for advice and Ive been telling them about the forgiveness and distance gains. Boom! They switch.

that's what i've been hearing all over the golf channel

Hoeffy answered that question in the magazine and radio show. He gave a few reasons.

1. Ping - They sponsored more college teams than most and do not make blades. So players came up playing perimeter weighted irons and because of that never made the switch.

2. Harder Swings - With video taping brought in to the mix of instruction, golfers at the highest level are swinging harder across the board. Because of that they need a little extra forgiveness in some cases for two reasons. 1, to add forgiveness when they slightly miss, and 2, because it can assist in straightening out the club head in areas where grass can get in the way.

3. With the money at stake nowadays, the days of "I am at the tour level and need to play blades" is gone. These guys want to win because so much goes with that. More endorsement money, player purses, etc...

These are his thoughts as a guy that has designed both and is now technically retired.

perhaps with the groove change the pros are looking for a little more forgiveness?

so the pros who are making the switch are finding that the technology wrapped up in today's cavity back clubs do so b/c it gives them the best chance to win?

that's my completely uneducated guess...
so the pros who are making the switch are finding that the technology wrapped up in today's cavity back clubs do so b/c it gives them the best chance to win?

i think that the red would be cool for like a major or something when sergio busts out the all black look just say ok and pow instant tv and media attention cause lets be honest some red and white matchups, plz stay away from the red and black look, but red and white BALLIN
I really thought his "signature" look would be the yellow/white on Sundays. I think he was wearing it for all of his wins.
I've seen him in years past in just abut every color under the sun, he even pulled a Poulter earlier this year with a pink shirt/belt/hat combo. He also sported blue, red, etc.at times this year, but very sparingly. I want it to be like two years ago when he would wear a different color combo every single round, it made it more interesting to tune in and see what combo he was going with that day.

I think with a new start Camilo will have a chance to not change his image per say however but it can kinda be a fresh start from what many are calling a stale season the opportunity to change clubs may be just the kick he needs who knows he is now number two on my list of TM's stable to win a major

It's only stale because his putter is letting him down

If you guys are on twitter and see this story reported as "news" tell them where you heard it first. People like Darren Rovell and Dave Dusek love to just run with a story and say "people were chatting about this on message boards and now its confirmed". BULL$HIT! You guys would not even have a story to follow or confirm if THP did not find out about and report on it!

By the way, it is also official that he is leaving FJ shoes and Titleist balls. That came about yesterday!

By the way, it is also official that he is leaving FJ shoes and Titleist balls. That came about yesterday!

wow!!! will be interesting to see him in anything else besides icons.....he'll love the penta too.

Seems like a complete break and fresh start. So we'll most likely see TM for the ball, Adidas for the shoes? Must be a pretty good contract.

Seems like a complete break and fresh start. So we'll most likely see TM for the ball, Adidas for the shoes? Must be a pretty good contract.

The ball deal is the standard deal they have with their players for the ball. The shoe deal is separate is well. The club deal appears to be a 12 club deal (as we reported originally) meaning he can continue to use his putter.

So JL clothing with the adipure or whatever they got cooking for next year and the Penta. TM clubs, bag, and he gets a putter and what else its not likely he uses someone elses driver

So JL clothing with the adipure or whatever they got cooking for next year and the Penta. TM clubs, bag, and he gets a putter and what else its not likely he uses someone elses driver

In this case it is 12 which includes the putter and I am guessing a hybrid. He was tinkering around with hybrids from about 4 different companies last month.

Back