2015 Fitness and Working Out Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the gym. Volume bench. 5x4 at 255.

After a weekend away, had another workout with the fitness instructor tonight. Really focused on speed and agility in the beginning going through a series of cone drills.

The focus then shifted to working on exploding, getting the muscles the fire quickly.

Started with bench press followed by Mike standing over us dropping a 8 lb medicine ball that we had to catch and fire back in one motion to him - 25 times with each set.

We moved to seat medicine ball tosses the length of the gym, catching falling back and then throwing bring us into a situp.

Then moved to squats using a FMT bad that was attached to the wall. Leaning back, first set was squats, the next set was squat that transitioned into a jump. The last set was more of a pull-up.

Finished this round by going back to the medicine ball tosses only this time with a heavier medicine ball that felt even heavier by that time.

Finished off with a serious of stretches that worked on our upper body and eventually finishes with stetches to glutes and hamstrings.

Overall a great, great workout and cannot wait to get back in there.

After a weekend away, had another workout with the fitness instructor tonight. Really focused on speed and agility in the beginning going through a series of cone drills.

The focus then shifted to working on exploding, getting the muscles the fire quickly.

Started with bench press followed by Mike standing over us dropped a 8 lb medicine ball that we had to catch and fire back in one motion to him.

We moved to seat medicine ball tosses the length of the gym, catching falling back and then throwing bring us into a situp.

Then moved to squats using a FMT bad that was attached to the wall. Leaning back, first set was squats, the next set was squat that transitioned into a jump. The last set was more of a pull-up.

Finished this round by going back to the medicine ball tosses only this time with a heavier medicine ball that felt even heavier by that time.

Finished off with a serious of stretches that worked on our upper body and eventually finishes with stetches to glutes and hamstrings.

Overall a great, great workout and cannot wait to get back in there.

this sounds awesome, I've got to find a guy local that does this.....

He pushes us for the 1:15 or hour in a half that the session lasts. I feel great and completely exhausted at the end.

I can check with him and see if he knows anyone in your area.

He pushes us for the 1:15 or hour in a half that the session lasts. I feel great and completely exhausted at the end.

I can check with him and see if he knows anyone in your area.
How many in your group?

How many in your group?
Only myself and another guy in our group. He has other groups with up to 8 people. The yoga classes have more than that. They purposely keep the groups small to make they are focusing on you.

Only myself and another guy in our group. He has other groups with up to 8 people. The yoga classes have more than that. They purposely keep the groups small to make they are focusing on you.
Are you doing the yoga part as well? That is something I need to do, sorry for the visual hahaha

Are you doing the yoga part as well? That is something I need to do, sorry for the visual hahaha
Hahaha my eyes!!! :)

Not doing the yoga right now. I have done yoga before and I am noticing that a lot of the stretching he has us doing is very similar to yoga.

Hahaha my eyes!!! :)

Not doing the yoga right now. I have done yoga before and I am noticing that a lot of the stretching he has us doing is very similar to yoga.
Cool thanks....if you get a chance ask him if he has a reference for the Maryland area...

Cool thanks....if you get a chance ask him if he has a reference for the Maryland area...
I'll shoot him a text and find out.

I hit the GYM yesterday for a heavy leg workout and also ran a few miles last night in the rain. Tomorrow I'm on my bike for a 25 mile hilly ride to get my cardio better before ski season starts. My 18 year old son is on the ski team and it's getting harder each year to stay faster than him on the slopes. Father Time waits for nobody!!

no TPI fitness instructors in this area. A couple TPI fitness instructors in monkey county.

played bball today, getting old sux...

Squats. Power clean. Chins then bed.

Squats

[video=youtube;HSNy0pQ3-R4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSNy0pQ3-R4&sns=em[/video]

I hit the GYM yesterday for a heavy leg workout and also ran a few miles last night in the rain. Tomorrow I'm on my bike for a 25 mile hilly ride to get my cardio better before ski season starts. My 18 year old son is on the ski team and it's getting harder each year to stay faster than him on the slopes. Father Time waits for nobody!!
That's what I'm trying to do as well. Never squatted before but I'm hoping now that I've been doing them, it'll translate well on the slopes.

Squats

[video=youtube;HSNy0pQ3-R4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSNy0pQ3-R4&sns=em[/video]
Looking good dude. New kicks?

Yes sir. Adipower were $120 on prime. I had to jump on them.
That's awesome dude, they look great. Read nothing but good things about them.

How do you like them compared to the do wins?
Too early to tell really. They feel lower to the ground. Very light weight. They don't have the two straps, which I'm not in love with. But the lacing system allows for a secure fit. For $200, not worth it for my level of lifter. but for $125, no brainer.

I've been silently going about my business haha nothing much to report, just gaining slowly but surely. Im hoping to just keep on keepin on and as the winter months go by ill come out a beast! Ok well at least a mini beast hahaha anything that doesn't resemble a teenage girl or Justin Bieber and I'll be ok with it

Took a 4 day break from cardio, but ran about 2.5 miles today. Right around an 8:15 pace. Then did some push-ups (5 sets of 20) with my son on my back. He loves doing push-ups now, lol. Kees telling me "do more"

Squats, bench, and cleans tonight. First time doing cleans in a while, and got them on video to get some feedback, and I'm sure I need plenty of work. Squats went well and hit all 3 work sets without issue, though was sweating like a pig by the end. Hit my sets on bench, focused on slowing the decent to build the tension to help with the lift and it seemed to help, also seemed to find just the right grip because it felt better than it has in the past and felt like it was transferring the power better than it has felt.

Here's the cleans, any and all feedback is welcome, as I want to make sure I'm doing them right and keep improving.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back