Calling All Hotheads!

JR

Reaction score
Handicap
Anyone a fan of high end or homemade hot sauce? Im not talking Tobasco, I mean the HOT stuff.

I use two sauces from a small company in my hometown called Alabama Sunshine, one is called Alabama Wildfire, a habenero based sauce with an instant, but short lived, high heat, but with a sweet under tone.
The second is XXX Black Label. Once again, high heat with great flavor, but more of a slow burn, lasting for around 20 minutes to some.

Last edited:
I put the ol' rooster sauce on just about everything.

There is a part of me that really loves hot, hot sauce. There is another part on me that really doesn't care for it.

When I was living in Mobile we used to always go to Firehouse Subs and they had an abundant selection of hot sauces. We used to get the hottest of all sauces and put it on the rim of the coffee mugs at our station to mess with people. But I do like a little hotness now and then.

The BF is a hot sauce person...moreso than I am. But my aunt makes her own sauce, and its hotter than hot.

There's a show on the Food Network, Man Vs. Food. I don't remember where, but it had ghost chilis on a burger and he couldn't even take more than a few bites.

I like wasabi, I don't like the flavor, but I like the hotness to it.

I actually dont know how to make it, but I wanna learn.

lol same here hawk! I feel your pain!

There is a part of me that really loves hot, hot sauce. There is another part on me that really doesn't care for it.

I put hot sauce on everything. cereal, morning coffee, dead cow, ice cream, you name it...and it gets splashed with satans juice

Great on the way in, not so much on the way out.

Great on the way in, not so much on the way out.

+1 bro I just mixed 2 tsp. of each of the sauces above into 8 oz. of soup... Tasted great, but this is gonna hurt...

I enjoy hot foods quite a bit, but I need it to have flavor too... I don't enjoy hot for the sake of being hot.

I guess a very simple comparison would be Buffalo Wild Wings (formerly BW3s to some). While I CAN eat 20 blazing wings, I always get spicy garlic because it can be a little spicy but has a GREAT flavor.

I love the hot sauce. My brand is Frank's Hot Sauce. Probaly not as lethal as some of the flame throwers you guys/gals eat... Cat,,, On your cereal huh? I got to try that on my oatmeal in the a.m.

I love the hot sauce. My brand is Frank's Hot Sauce. Probaly not as lethal as some of the flame throwers you guys/gals eat... Cat,,, On your cereal huh? I got to try that on my oatmeal in the a.m.

Franks is a good mild sauce. Check out alabama sunshines website though, they have a wide array of sauces

Here in Gatlinburg we have a store that sells nothing but hot sauces. They have a couple you have to sign a waver to buy. I haven't tried those.

Here in Gatlinburg we have a store that sells nothing but hot sauces. They have a couple you have to sign a waver to buy. I haven't tried those.

LUCKY!!! I wanna go to gatlinburg!

I went in a Chinese restaurant one time and ask for some hot sauce . They handed me this little container with this red concoction in it. Lord have Mercy that stuff was hotter than hades!!!!!! I don't know what they put in there but it lit my butt up good! :deadhorse:

I dont like oatmeal but I guess it couldnt make it taste any worse

Franks is a good mild sauce. Check out alabama sunshines website though, they have a wide array of sauces
I have some franks in the fridge as the low heat alternative. I have several bottles of this in the fridge at the moment http://tropicalpepper.com/

the scotch bonnet is particularly nasty...

I dont like oatmeal but I guess it couldnt make it taste any worse

I have some franks in the fridge as the low heat alternative. I have several bottles of this in the fridge at the moment http://tropicalpepper.com/

the scotch bonnet is particularly nasty...

I havent tried those yet. Look tasty. I want to try Blairs 357 sauce.

There are two parts of me that are conflicted. One part really loves the stuff, the hotter the better. The other part does not and can not handle the stuff, and I pay for it. The latter usually wins the mental battle before the feat is attempted.

Love that hot stuff. Especially if it has some taste to it. But its gotta be hot enough so I know I'm alive. No sauce has over matched me yet. Habenaro peppers roasted straight up are fine.

I make my own salsa with chopped red jalapenos as the main base then Cilantro, onions, garlic, lime juice, fresh chopped tomatoes. Use it on most every thing. I even make a Salsa and peanut butter sandwich. Surprisingly good.

Frank's Hot Sauce with Lime is a staple. Wildwood Jamacian Jerk sauce with scotch bonnet peppers is excellent.

I may have toasted my taste buds. C'est la vie.

Indian restaurant near me does a mean Naga Chilli Chicken. If you ask nicely. The waiting staff do warn you that they only make it at your own risk. It's so hot, but full of smoky flavour too.

I always like to laugh at the guys who think being able to eat hot food makes them macho.

I love hot sauces, but just not too hot, I mean why buy a decent meal if your mouth is too numb to even taste it.

Spicy is good, but I don't want my food to hurt me.

Kevin

Back