The Movie Review Thread

Got to see Bridge of Spies today with the girlfriend. We both really enjoyed it. Thought the acting solid all the way through.

"American Sniper" was awesome. Not sure why the critics didn't like it so much.

Watched "Jupiter Ascending" last night. Kinda goofy, but brainless Sci-Fi fun. I thought the universe they created was cool. It could have been MUCH better.

The Martian was very solid. Pretty entertaining film.

The Martian was very solid. Pretty entertaining film.

Saw it with the family for my birthday. I thought it was really good, and Damon was excellent. Actually, was a little more humorous then I thought it would be. Some really good one liners and sarcasm.

Watched a couple this weekend:

Paper Towns - decent, a bit sad though
Spy - I don't think I have laughed so much at a movie ever. Lots of profanity though, so be careful if watching with children

1 this weekend--Southpaw....Really liked this one, great storyline and enough action throughout to keep things moving along

Saw "Inside Out", good movie but maybe not the best for the littler ones. My daughter is almost 4 and did not care for it.

Saw "Inside Out", good movie but maybe not the best for the littler ones. My daughter is almost 4 and did not care for it.

My buddy and I brought our kids (ages 8-4) to it. They sat in front of us. About 3/4 of the way through I turned to my buddy and said "thanks for picking a tear jerker a$$#ole". He laughed. It was a sad one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My buddy and I brought our kids (ages 8-4) to it. They sat in front of us. About 3/4 of the way through I turned to my buddy and said "thanks for picking a tear jerker a$$#ole". He laughed. It was a sad one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's Disney, they have to kill someone off. At least it wasn't a parent this time.

Got to see an early screening of Hunger Games last night. I won't spoil anything but will say it was pretty predictable. The author had no idea how to close out a series and the show was pretty disappointing for me. It could have been so much better

My kids were just telling me they don't like that movie.

It was a little deep for a kids movie, and most of it was really sad. Like depressing for about 45 min straight.

Saw the Peanuts movie this weekend. I really enjoyed it. Had some good lessons for kids. I recommend it.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

My kids were just telling me they don't like that movie.

It was a little deep for a kids movie, and most of it was really sad. Like depressing for about 45 min straight.

I think it got good reviews but as a kids movie didn't do so well. While XMas shopping most of the toys from the movie are already on clearance. I know mine wouldn't want any.

I think it got good reviews but as a kids movie didn't do so well. While XMas shopping most of the toys from the movie are already on clearance. I know mine wouldn't want any.

We took our 4 year old daughter to it and none of us overly enjoyed it. Definitely had a long stretch of being depressed. I usually enjoy a lot of the kids movies, this one not so much.

Is it time for Star Wars yet.

Hmm...now I'm second guessing Santa bringing my son Inside Out. Guess we'll find out in due time if it was a good idea or not. Santa is bringing him the Planes movies too so they might make up for Inside Out.

We got it on Redbox, and the kids liked it enough, but I'd say probably the worst Pixar film so far. I agree with others that it is probably too deep for younger kids.

I though Inside Out was absolutely excellent, but I agree it's really not too good for young kids. It's a very deep and thematic film that won't make a lot of sense unless you're of a certain age.

Hmm...now I'm second guessing Santa bringing my son Inside Out. Guess we'll find out in due time if it was a good idea or not. Santa is bringing him the Planes movies too so they might make up for Inside Out.

I though Inside Out was absolutely excellent, but I agree it's really not too good for young kids. It's a very deep and thematic film that won't make a lot of sense unless you're of a certain age.
If nothing else, my wife and I enjoyed it. I thought it was very good, but like some have said, a little deep for little kids.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

We got it on Redbox, and the kids liked it enough, but I'd say probably the worst Pixar film so far. I agree with others that it is probably too deep for younger kids.

Seriously? You have seen Cars 2 right?

Inside Out was brilliant. I get some small kids would not get it but the movie had an amazing script and a voice cast that was spot on.

I was part of a group that took about 13 kids (ages 4 to 12) to see inside out and all of the enjoyed it including the 4 adults

Back