if the dates work for me, I am in!

Well there's 4!!!

Here's what he sent me:
So with a group of 16 staying and playing sometime around August the price for golf would be as follows:

Thu, Fri or Sat 18 Holes: $99/player (cart fee and range balls included)

Sunday 18 Holes: $79/ player (cart fee and range balls included)

All Day Play: $60/player add on to 18 hole price (Ex. Thu, Fri or Sat All Day Play: $99+$60=$159/player)

The 2 lodging accommodations you would have to choose between would be renting our Lodge Rooms or renting our Carver House. With a group of 16 both the lodge and house are the same price at $2,400+tax or individually $150/person total. We do require a 2 night minimum stay, however the 3rd and 4th nights are free, the lodging price I have given you is for the total for both nights. ($1,200/night) Here is a short description of the layouts of the Lodge Rooms and Carver House.

Lodge Rooms
The Lodge is a 2 story building located off of Hole #2 and located directly next to our outdoor pool and patio. It has 9 total rooms, each room is a hotel style layout; 2 Queen size beds, bathroom, TV, dresser and balcony. A few steps away from the Lodge room we are in the process of building a Card room or "Lounge Area" for our Lodge guests to have a place to get together after dinner at the clubhouse and watch your favorite sporting event on the big screen, play some cards at the card tables and enjoy a few beverages. Along with being a place to get together at night, we will be serving our Lodge guests a morning brunch of their choice at the Card Room. (1 Lodge Room: $150/night)

Carver House
The Carver House is a recently remodeled home located off Hole #4, it's wrap around deck is great for groups looking to come in after their round and put their grilled meat of choice on the gas grill. It has a total of 16 beds (mixture of twin and individual beds), 2 pullout couches, two 60" HDTV's with DirecTV, large back yard for lawn games, 2 car garage and a full kitchen to store all snacks, meals and drinks. (Carver House: $1,200/night)

Both of those options sound pretty good to me. I'd probably lean more towards the House deal as we could grill out and drink on the patio.

I'm tentatively in for this. Can't commit yet, but certainly interested.

You guys are silly talking about this in December of 2015, but I love the excitement....it has me excited.

~Rock

Well maybe my back will heal by then..

You guys are silly talking about this in December of 2015, but I love the excitement....it has me excited.

~Rock

Um.. what else is there to do in the Upper Midwest in December?

I'm playing golf Saturday :)

We actually have a dozen courses that reopened for yesterday, today and tomorrow. It's a soggy mess and work is busy so no go for me. Hit'em well!

I'm playing golf Saturday :)
I'm probably gonna get at least 3 rounds in this week, crazy warm weather for almost the middle of december! In the Midwest!!!

As long as the schedule works, there are likely to be some IL peeps getting on the highway, including this one.

Are some of those per person, or is that total cost of the room?

I mean a lodge room at $150 a night with 2-4 guys seems like a steal. Not sure how big the room is, but I don't imagine we'd be in the rooms very much.

I call dibs on an actual bed.

~Rock

Pffft... It's the perfect time to talk about it.

If were going to Ryder Cup this thing, is it going to be handicapped. I'm something like a 24.

~Rock

If were going to Ryder Cup this thing, is it going to be handicapped. I'm something like a 24.

~Rock

I'm close to a 22 right now.

Everyone here is just hilarious.

~Rock

We actually compete in a Ryder Cup event each year. There's no handicaps used... but captains do match up folks by handicaps the best that they can.
Most years, the point differential is only a couple so it works out well. Only issue will be getting folks to actually commit and show up.....

~Rock

We actually compete in a Ryder Cup event each year. There's no handicaps used... but captains do match up folks by handicaps the best that they can.
Most years, the point differential is only a couple so it works out well. Only issue will be getting folks to actually commit and show up.....
I say morning of the first round, we have captains pick teams, kickball style, maybe a friendly wager the night before to pick captains and first pick!!!

Yea, and that's just it. I think were going to have to see who is for sure, have our maybe list, and try to put it together based on those two. It can usually work out to where no handicaps are needed. I nominate @sleuth to be Team Iowa Captain. Seems like he has a fair amount of Ryder Cup experience. thanks Sleuth!

~Rock

I say morning of the first round, we have captains pick teams, kickball style, maybe a friendly wager the night before to pick captains and first pick!!!

So you are saying that maybe this not be a State Team event? I'd be down for that. A golden farm animal is good no matter whose team I'm on.

~Rock

So you are saying that maybe this not be a State Team event? I'd be down for that. A golden farm animal is good no matter whose team I'm on.

~Rock
Yeah, more of a team event of those that attend. But I'm ok either way! Team Nebraska or Midwest Union or whatever we are will be there for sure!!!

Back