bobgeorge

Kentucky Wildcat Fan!
Reaction score
Handicap
This course "Forest Dunes" by Tom Doak seems like it would be a great course to play. Anyone play it before the renovation?

No renovations. The original 18 is the same as always. They are just completing a second 18 that can also be played in reverse, essentially giving them 54 holes for folks to play. It's the #1 public course in MI now.

Played Forest Dunes last year and it was amazing. It doesn't grab the headlines that Arcadia does, and some of the courses up north, but it's definitely worth a trip. The first 9 is heavily wooded, and the back 9 is the dunes, a little more open. It's like two courses in one 18. The clubhouse is insane. I went up for a scramble and rolled in as a single, so they paired me up with some guys from Detroit and Ann Arbor. After the round, they put on this huge Bavarian style buffet. It was amazing. Not to mention, feeding us chili and free beer during the round.

The Doak reversible course will really push this place over the top as far as Michigan golf goes, if you ask me. I haven't kept up on the progress, but I was thinking they were going to have a preview of a few holes by summer 2016. I'm aiming to make it back this coming fall. I'm trying to encourage some buddies to rent a cabin there for a few days.

IMO, Forest Dunes, even without the reversible track, is as much of a must play as Arcadia.

Golf Channel is doing an update on the new Doak Loop course here in a few minutes. In case you were wondering what's going on.

Golf Channel is doing an update on the new Doak Loop course here in a few minutes. In case you were wondering what's going on.
Saw this on their website. Looks interesting and worth playing both directions!

Back