Wow. That's tough to resist.

Sure is. I missed it the last time and plus I had a gift card to use, so I pulled the trigger.

I used my Pro 1M for the first time yesterday and I'm not really sure how I feel about it. I was expecting a significant upgrade over my V3 but I'm just not sure it's there. I like the extra zoom quite a bit, and the red display is great but I had a few issues with it.

First, I'm not sure why but it seemed tough to get the target to 'focus' properly; everything just seemed a little bit blurry. Second, I was playing early in the morning and it was still quite dark out and I was seeing a red rectangle that was from the back-lighting which was obstructing the target quite a bit.
Am I missing something here?
Is anyone else having issues like these?

I also found myself slightly irritated that the eyepiece moves in and out and I seemed to need to adjust it regularly. Perhaps more time is needed to get used to it, but right now my V3 is looking mighty user friendly.

I used my Pro 1M for the first time yesterday and I'm not really sure how I feel about it. I was expecting a significant upgrade over my V3 but I'm just not sure it's there. I like the extra zoom quite a bit, and the red display is great but I had a few issues with it.

First, I'm not sure why but it seemed tough to get the target to 'focus' properly; everything just seemed a little bit blurry. Second, I was playing early in the morning and it was still quite dark out and I was seeing a red rectangle that was from the back-lighting which was obstructing the target quite a bit.

I also found myself slightly irritated that the eyepiece moves in and out and I seemed to need to adjust it regularly. Perhaps more time is needed to get used to it, but right now my V3 is looking mighty user friendly.

At the base of your eye piece you can adjust the focus.

If it's blurry you can adjust it with the dial at the base of the eye piece.

If you are seeing the red box washout, adjust the brightness. There should be 4 modes and level 1 is the least bright and should work for those early rounds. Just hold down the "mode" button and once the brightness level set up pops up, hit mode to cycle through the different brightness levels, and then hit the top button to select.

I have zero issues with mine, and the eye piece going in and out is an awesome feature as I have found one click out is best for me to see the screen.

At the base of your eye piece you can adjust the focus.

If it's blurry you can adjust it with the dial at the base of the eye piece.

If you are seeing the red box washout, adjust the brightness. There should be 4 modes and level 1 is the least bright and should work for those early rounds. Just hold down the "mode" button and once the brightness level set up pops up, hit mode to cycle through the different brightness levels, and then hit the top button to select.

I have zero issues with mine, and the eye piece going in and out is an awesome feature as I have found one click out is best for me to see the screen.
I was messing with the focus but just couldn't seem to get it. Brightness is at L1 right now.

I'll give it another go and see if it gets better. Do you guys put the protective cap back on the eyepiece every time or not?

I was messing with the focus but just couldn't seem to get it. Brightness is at L1 right now.

I'll give it another go and see if it gets better. Do you guys put the protective cap back on the eyepiece every time or not?

I'm still putting it back everytime but I think it might get cut very soon :)

No I took the eyepiece thing off. I always put it back in the case after I shoot the yardage so haven't found a need to keep it on.

Did at first. But it's a pain, so only rarely now.

After a couple rounds with Smallville and seeing how well hisbworked I took the plunge as well. Looking forward to having a laser finally. Might be able to get my irons dialed in on the par 3's now!

Back