Votes: 34 30.9%
  • Bridgestone J15DPF

Votes: 9 8.2%
  • Bridgestone J15CB

Votes: 16 14.5%
  • Nike Vapor Speed

Votes: 4 3.6%

• Total voters
For my game and clubs I have experience with either, DPFs or 545s solid distance on forgiveness in both

I would go Srixon 545, or the bridgestone. My choice would be the Srixon, long and forgiving and awesome looking. But that being said both are solid choices

Good discussion in this thread.

I got to take a few swings with both the DPF and 545 yesterday at our outing. They both felt very solid.

I'd like to learn more about the beveled sole of the 545 that you guys are mentioning. I'd really like the hit them on a grass range to see how they do for me.

Srixon calls it a v.t. sole. It has increased leading bounce and decreased trawling bounce which I where the v comes from in its shape. This is the design to increase turf interaction...from,what I have experienced the "digging" on fat shots it's nowhere near as deep as with other irons...kind of gets at what we talked about yesterday on 17 tee box.

Don't sleep on the Bridgestone J15DP irons. They've tested well in any independent test I've seen, as well as the big boy publications like Golf Magazine and Golf Digest. Very similar weighting and tech that Mizuno is offering these days in their non-blade options. Very smooth.

I'm biased towards the Srixon Z545s. I've tried others but the feel and forgiveness was no comparison for me. Good luck with your search.

I have the Apex irons and I love them. However, I had a chance to demo the Bridgestone J15CBs back in November with the SteelFiber shafts and had they been available for sale at that time I would have gotten them right then and there. Since they weren't even offered for sale until, what, February, I got the Apex irons off of Callaway Pre-Owned at a great price and would highly recommend them to anyone. Side-by-side, all things equal, today it would be a tough choice for me.

I've only tried the xr, apexs and vapor speeds on this list.

Between those I absolutely love the apexs. Amazing "feel" and great distance.

Tap it in....

Thank you to everyone that has chimed in.

Even though I am good with my i25's, I did go hit the Apex and XR's this past weekend. I have to say, the Apex Irons are the real deal for me. Although the sexy looks still go to the 545's and I still haven't had a chance to swing them, IF I were in the market, I would be narrowed down to the Apex and 545. I hope to have a chance to swing the 545's on my trip to Geneva in a few weeks since there isn't anyone locally that have them.

Thank you to everyone that has chimed in.

Even though I am good with my i25's, I did go hit the Apex and XR's this past weekend. I have to say, the Apex Irons are the real deal for me. Although the sexy looks still go to the 545's and I still haven't had a chance to swing them, IF I were in the market, I would be narrowed down to the Apex and 545. I hope to have a chance to swing the 545's on my trip to Geneva in a few weeks since there isn't anyone locally that have them.

I think a better choice in the pole would be ping i25 or S55 or even Nike vapor pro or pro combo instead of the Nike Vapor Speed. I think the iron is out of place in this pole. Perhaps even XR pro but definitely Vapor Speed.

Back