The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
USPS site better just be slow updating. Dropped off 6 boxes yesterday, only shows 3 as being shipped. I call and of course she is rude like always, says it had ot of shipped cause they dont hold packages back. Might have to call and talk to a manager later.

I had one of the packages we sent never show up as shipped, then just change to "delivered" ahead of christmas. The USPS tracking site is worse than useless.

I had one of the packages we sent never show up as shipped, then just change to "delivered" ahead of christmas. The USPS tracking site is worse than useless.
Ok good...cause the branch was worthless as what customer service in india

It can be terrifying, no doubt about it. When I was running, even on sidewalks I had cars taking curves literally right up against the curb. Had a few close calls personally, and a woman was killed just a half mile from my house this summer when a teen driver crossed the yellow line and drove up on the sidewalk while on her phone (driving past that scene with the kids in the car was no bueno). Distracted drivers are a menace, as are those who have zero regard for anyone biking in the street, or running there if there's no sidewalk.

Had a lady get hit just about a month ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amen brother! Just shoveled out a foot in the driveway
I just pray it's dry when I move in s month. I don't care if it's literally 10 below I just want it to be dry.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

It never gets old laughing at those of us not smart enough to move away from this nonsense, does it?

Believe me we are about 80% there to making the move to sunny Florida.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It never gets old laughing at those of us not smart enough to move away from this nonsense, does it?

I wouldnt laugh at that.
I laughed hard at someone saying Michigan had better weather last night, but I honestly feel for you.
You are a smart guy. Appleton Brainwashing in full effect.
My friend Ted, lasted a single year up there, he said the weather made him miserable.

I wouldnt laugh at that.
I laughed hard at someone saying Michigan had better weather last night, but I honestly feel for you.
You are a smart guy. Appleton Brainwashing in full effect.
My friend Ted, lasted a single year up there, he said the weather made him miserable.
It is amazing how much the weather can affect your personality and mood. I loved Buffalo but it is nice to be somewhere where it is sunny and at least somewhat warm for most of the year. Except these last few weeks we have been hammered with rain which has sucked.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

It is amazing how much the weather can affect your personality and mood. I loved Buffalo but it is nice to be somewhere where it is sunny and at least somewhat warm for most of the year. Except these last few weeks we have been hammered with rain which has sucked.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
The winter can be extra miserable when golf has become your only sport. Didn't bother me as much when I was still playing hockey and skiing occasionally. I will say oppressive heat and irritating bugs will keep you inside as much as cold and snow though...minus the golf.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

The winter can be extra miserable when golf has become your only sport. Didn't bother me as much when I was still playing hockey and skiing occasionally. I will say oppressive heat and irritating bugs will keep you inside as much as cold and snow though...minus the golf.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Agree with this. Gotta make the best of all seasons. And heat is in some ways worse than cold, at least for me - adding layers to warm up is a lot easier than trying to cool down when it's 95 or 100 and humid!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Agree with this. Gotta make the best of all seasons. And heat is in some ways worse than cold, at least for me - adding layers to warm up is a lot easier than trying to cool down when it's 95 or 100 and humid!

Fortunately we dont go to 95-100 and always have a breeze.
I think people judge FL weather based on Orlando, which is disgusting. Its like judging all of America, by looking at New Jersey.
But where you are is a bit different than others. Hard to play with every course closed and snow on the ground.

Fortunately we dont go to 95-100 and always have a breeze.
I think people judge FL weather based on Orlando, which is disgusting. Its like judging all of America, by looking at New Jersey.
But where you are is a bit different than others. Hard to play with every course closed and snow on the ground.

All fair points. Orlando is indeed brutal, and I've always heard great things about the Gulf Coast.

We are lucky here in WA for sure, it gets actually cold only very briefly. But I used to live in SLC and the winters were ok for me because I had other stuff to do, like skiing, winter hiking, etc.

I guess my point was, cold weather can be what you make of it. You can let it defeat you, or you can find ways to enjoy it. There is a lot of beauty to be found in winter with the right approach.

All fair points. Orlando is indeed brutal, and I've always heard great things about the Gulf Coast.

We are lucky here in WA for sure, it gets actually cold only very briefly. But I used to live in SLC and the winters were ok for me because I had other stuff to do, like skiing, winter hiking, etc.

I guess my point was, cold weather can be what you make of it. You can let it defeat you, or you can find ways to enjoy it. There is a lot of beauty to be found in winter with the right approach.

Dont disagree.
Yet most do, which is why FL and AZ are packed with Northerners for half the year.

If I could somehow spend 6 months here, and then the 6 winter months in Palm Springs, Florida Coast, or Mexico I will have 'arrived'.

Winter can be enjoyed and it has a certain charm to it...but I like golfing without an umbrella and my wife loves heat.

Dont disagree.
Yet most do, which is why FL and AZ are packed with Northerners for half the year.

Haha absolutely...I recognize I may be in the minority! My tune may change as well later in life if my body decides it doesn't like skiing any more...

If I could somehow spend 6 months here, and then the 6 winter months in Palm Springs, Florida Coast, or Mexico I will have 'arrived'.

Winter can be enjoyed and it has a certain charm to it...but I like golfing without an umbrella and my wife loves heat.

My fiancé hates heat haha. If it gets above 80 she's complaining, especially if there's some humidity. I could see us doing the 6 month/6 month thing at some point if we ever have the scratch though...since she doesn't like it to be too cold either. Below 40 and she's complaining.

I realize that she is asking for San Diego hahaha

The snow got to me last night, booked a flight for a week in vegas jan/feb. not sure exact area we're going but you can bet I'm golfing

Count me in as another one that thinks weather can be overrated.

Im born and raised in Vancouver, and spent a few years in the Okanagan before moving to Ventura (beach town 90 minutes north of LA).
The temperature here is between 66-75*, 90% of the time.

But, guess what...just as many people here complain about the weather as they did when I lived up north. I'm not exaggerating.
Its 'too hot' if it gets even slightly above what we are sued to. It's 'too cold' if it's slightly below. On the normal days 'the cloud layer lasted too long'...

I just got back from 8 days in Vancouver yesterday.
I was at the range and was talking golf with a guy there and he said 'I can't golf in this weather'. It was 65 degrees without a cloud in the sky. Apparently he doesn't enjoy being out in the 'cold'.

As a golfer obviously better weather is conducive to more golf, so that's a big plus, but being able to enjoy actual seasons is something that's easy to overlook.

The Okanagan was my favorite place I've ever lived. 4 very distinct seasons.

USPS site better just be slow updating. Dropped off 6 boxes yesterday, only shows 3 as being shipped. I call and of course she is rude like always, says it had ot of shipped cause they dont hold packages back. Might have to call and talk to a manager later.
USPS is the worst with updates.

Count me in as another one that thinks weather can be overrated.

Im born and raised in Vancouver, and spent a few years in the Okanagan before moving to Ventura (beach town 90 minutes north of LA).
The temperature here is between 66-75*, 90% of the time.

But, guess what...just as many people here complain about the weather as they did when I lived up north. I'm not exaggerating.
Its 'too hot' if it gets even slightly above what we are sued to. It's 'too cold' if it's slightly below. On the normal days 'the cloud layer lasted too long'...

I just got back from 8 days in Vancouver yesterday.
I was at the range and was talking golf with a guy there and he said 'I can't golf in this weather'. It was 65 degrees without a cloud in the sky. Apparently he doesn't enjoy being out in the 'cold'.

As a golfer obviously better weather is conducive to more golf, so that's a big plus, but being able to enjoy actual seasons is something that's easy to overlook.

The Okanagan was my favorite place I've ever lived. 4 very distinct seasons.

Come on, you missed the 'it's too wet​'

Dear sir, while I do hate that your "kids Christmas was ruined" it was neither my fault nor the company I work for's fault. Your relative shipped package on Dec. 24 and paid for our slowest (most economical) service !! Pkg wasn't even due til tomorrow!! Have a nice day!

Dear sir, while I do hate that your "kids Christmas was ruined" it was neither my fault nor the company I work for's fault. Your relative shipped package on Dec. 24 and paid for our slowest (most economical) service !! Pkg wasn't even due til tomorrow!! Have a nice day!
Cant even imagine the complaints you run in to on a daily basis.

Furthermore, if a single gift being late ruins your kids Christmas, might be time you reevaluate your family values.

Get over pneumonia and now have a sinus infection and 3 hour wait at urgent care. I think it's time to move to an arid climate

Get over pneumonia and now have a sinus infection and 3 hour wait at urgent care. I think it's time to move to an arid climate

Doc Holliday would agree with this...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back