jschiele01

Reaction score
Handicap
Has anyone tried the Zepp golf gadget? I need to work on tempo and plane. Wonder if this gadget would give good feedback during practice?

I have one. Haven't used it in a while. I don't like the fact it doesn't give clubface info. I'm a THP tester for the swingbyte. I like the swingbyte better.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Actually just got one in for a formal THP review.

Actually just got one in for a formal THP review.
Awesome, can't wait! My post lesson focus points are mainly swing plane and tempo. Sounds like this gadget provides decent feedback for both. But I'll wait for review before pulling the trigger.

I just picked this up yesterday and played around with it last night. I tend to get short and quick when I start coming down from the top of the backswing so I figure this is going to help me recognize that. I was just swinging with my old Bunny Mason swing trainer in the house . Highest swing score I achieved was 92 which is only because I am not sure what my wedge club speed should be. I think the most benefit will come when I take it to the range or the course and start seeing the numbers and I can compare numbers from good and bad shots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am excited to read about the experiences for this tool - the swingbyte unfortunately doesn't work with Android so this looks like a great alternative!

Ok so far, I am experiencing extremely low swing speed readings, ie. 20mph low. I have recalibrated the sensor and I see the same results. I typically average 115 mph or so with driver and here I'm seeing 95 mph. I tried to really step on it which I can get to around 130 mph and I never broke 100. Hmmm.....

Ok so far, I am experiencing extremely low swing speed readings, ie. 20mph low. I have recalibrated the sensor and I see the same results. I typically average 115 mph or so with driver and here I'm seeing 95 mph. I tried to really step on it which I can get to around 130 mph and I never broke 100. Hmmm.....

I reached out to their tech support regarding this and was told to make sure I calibrate the sensor before each swing session and to verify the club lengths and grip position settings were correct. I tried resetting the sensor and recalibrating and trying a different club than before with basically the same results. I have responded to their email and will await further corrective action. If they cannot get the speed correct I am seriously going to doubt the rest of the information it is providing so I will likely return the product. I'll keep you all posted.

I returned this thing. Got the same guy I emailed in tech support on the phone and they said the sensor won't read accurately with a higher swing speed like mine. Proved useless for me, not sure how they can have PGA tour guys repping the product since it certainly wouldn't accurately measure their swings either.

I returned this thing. Got the same guy I emailed in tech support on the phone and they said the sensor won't read accurately with a higher swing speed like mine. Proved useless for me, not sure how they can have PGA tour guys repping the product since it certainly wouldn't accurately measure their swings either.
Now that is interesting to hear, I'm in the 110 range based on my recent fitting and it's recorded fine for me thus far. Trying to sort though all these screen caps at the moment but I'll have to throw some up soon before I turn in the spotlight on the device. At least they took the return for you.

I am excited to read about the experiences for this tool - the swingbyte unfortunately doesn't work with Android so this looks like a great alternative!

Why does it not work with Android? There is an app for it in the Android store. Are you having an issue with the app?

Why does it not work with Android? There is an app for it in the Android store. Are you having an issue with the app?
I'm using it on Android for the homepage spotlight.

I'm using it on Android for the homepage spotlight.

I have it at home just havent had time to mess with it much. Just asking cause someone else said that the Swingbyte doesnt work for Android.

I have one. Used it a lot at the beginning of the year (later winter, early spring) when I was working on my swing. Gave me some good feedback. I use it with Android and always got swing speeds in the range I would expect to see. Overall, not a bad device. I probably will use it again over the winter and early spring again in 2016.

I have one of the Zepp Labs aids coming in Thursday.

I look foward to messing with this.

Just got my first lesson with this device and I love the ease of use.

Was nice to get some quick feedback.

Highest score of 86 through on the practice while working on a swing change.

The Zepp now has a $50 off rebate from now until the end of March, is it worth it for 100 bucks? Does this mean there is some sort of upgrade coming out since that is a significant price drop?

How accurate do we think these swing analysers are? I don't understand how it can detect shaft kick points etc.

So I picked up one of these today. Taking advantage of the discounted price plus a corporate discount for another 10 bucks through Apple.

Overall my initial impression through 1 range session is that it will help me with exactly what I need. The mph rating seems pretty accurate. Maybe a 1 or 2 mph difference. I struggle with coming over the top so having the swing plane and hand plane numbers will definitely be helpful to me. I also never thought my tempo was too bad but it does show I need to work on that a bit since I go back a bit too quickly. (2.5:1 ratio)

Overall this seems like a very helpful tool for me. It doesn't go into as much detail as the Swingbyte that I tried however the swingbyte I had broke within 20 swings. For being a much higher level of numbers tracking, this appears to be a very good product for higher handicappers like myself to address swing issues in practice at a macro level.

Ended up getting one of these for free a little while back and decided to try it out today. I say it gives some pretty good feedback, but I don't know for sure how accurate the club head speed calculation is.

Today I hit 100 shots with an 8 iron indoors (not sure if I'm holding back on the swing at all because I'm inside.)

Here's an example of one of my better swings today:
25827786052_151031ecb8_b.jpg

Looks like I'm coming over the top a bit.

Ended up getting one of these for free a little while back and decided to try it out today. I say it gives some pretty good feedback, but I don't know for sure how accurate the club head speed calculation is.

Today I hit 100 shots with an 8 iron indoors (not sure if I'm holding back on the swing at all because I'm inside.)

Here's an example of one of my better swings today:
25827786052_151031ecb8_b.jpg

Looks like I'm coming over the top a bit.
I don't trust some of the information. I have one too and the data didn't seem right. It kept indicating that my tempo was 4.x:1, club head speed way too slow and my backswing angle extremely low. I don't know if I didn't have it calibrated correctly or didn't install it correctly but the numbers were definitely off. The only thing that looked somewhat right was the Club plane and hand plane.

When I use my True Tempo App, which just provides noises for tempo transitions, the zepp sensor never matched despite my transitions occurring exactly where the true tempo app indicated where transitions should be.

In other words, the Zepp provides information. I'm just not sure how good of information it is.

Never heard of this device but I think I'll wait for Jman's review before I proceed any further!

I just purchased on on craigslist, after I use it a few times ill post back in here

Back