Sunday_Hacker

Release Your Inner Diablo
Reaction score
Handicap
hey Andy,

ok in the past I had a bad slice with my driver and would sometimes push my irons to the right as well. got the bad slice pretty much fixed with my new Edge driver. now the last few weeks everything is going left, off the tee my driver is hooking left. irons are going left as well even when I make great contact the ball starts out straight and then fades left. I have a bad back and my Sciatica has been flared up this past few weeks as well, so I have to assume theres a connection and I am swinging differently without even realizing it. I do feel like I am swinging a little stiff. Any suggestions and help to fix going left would be greatly appreciated. Also are there any specific exercises/swing tips for a bad back/Sciatica that can help my swing?

thanks as always for the knowledge Andy!

regards,

Sunday_Hacker

Any stretching you can do is a great help. I know when my back is acting up I have a hard time hitting the ball where I want it. Left misses can be cause by many things. My guess would be with you being stiff the body isn't turning though the ball and your hands have to get active to square up the club face. This can lead to pulls and pull hooks. Work on turning through the ball and you will be happy with the results. Try to keep the hands passive.

thats what I was thinking, didnt feel like I was rotating my hips at all on most shots, like I was swinging just all hands. thanks for making it simple. greatly appreciate the knowledge as always Andy!

Back