XXIO 9 Driver - THP Review Thread

Interesting driver for sure - looks and sounds great! Heavier head intrigues me, since that's what my setup is now (about D8 swing weight). Anybody know the swing weight on these?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
D4 and D5 depending on shaft flex.

That color really shines in the sun.

That is a nice looking driver. Really interesting with the tech in it. That is a heck of a job driving with that ddec. It really did look like it shot off the face there when your dad hit it. Pretty darn cool.

How does the shaft hold up? Especially with that heavy a head. The pic above shows a flex code 4222 which a 2 rating is between R and A flex ? Seems like it would be a whip.

How does the shaft hold up? Especially with that heavy a head. The pic above shows a flex code 4222 which a 2 rating is between R and A flex ? Seems like it would be a whip.
I have the XXIO 8 driver in stiff regular which has a flex code of 5223 and it does look whippy , but it does not feel whippy during the swing and it's easy to control. So the shaft holds up fine.

I have the XXIO 8 driver in stiff regular which has a flex code of 5223 and it does look whippy , but it does not feel whippy during the swing and it's easy to control. So the shaft holds up fine.
I was going to say something similar to Chas. If I stand there and wiggle it there feels like a lot of flex to it.

Yesterday during my round I put on what I think was a smoother swing, and the results were phenomenal. It held up just fine, and for what it's worth my SS on trackman a couple of weeks ago was consistently between 96-101.

I was going to say something similar to Chas. If I stand there and wiggle it there feels like a lot of flex to it.

Yesterday during my round I put on what I think was a smoother swing, and the results were phenomenal. It held up just fine, and for what it's worth my SS on trackman a couple of weeks ago was consistently between 96-101.

In my testing with the same type of shaft, I have no worries if the club will handle it and my swing speed is a bit faster. On flight Scope I was averaging 104.9 club head speed and the shaft was not causing issues.

In my testing with the same type of shaft, I have no worries if the club will handle it and my swing speed is a bit faster. On flight Scope I was averaging 104.9 club head speed and the shaft was not causing issues.
Yup I don't expect it too. I'll tell you what though, yesterday was as confident as I've been off the tee in a long time. All day long just started down the right hand side and brought it back to the fairway almost every time. I cannot wait until the next time out with it.

Yup I don't expect it too. I'll tell you what though, yesterday was as confident as I've been off the tee in a long time. All day long just started down the right hand side and brought it back to the fairway almost every time. I cannot wait until the next time out with it.

Just like the Prime it becomes like an addiction to hit it

Really nice looking driver. I know XXIO is very popular in Asia but where can I try in U.S.? Never spotted in local golf stores.

Really nice looking driver. I know XXIO is very popular in Asia but where can I try in U.S.? Never spotted in local golf stores.

I saw some xxio stuff at a pga superstore in Chicago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PGA Superstore has them.
THP Events as well.

Not to many places. Pgatss is the only big store I know of.

There are a couple local shops here that sell Srixon/XXIO stuff - if you have an independent shop you might want to check there.

after some time off with the holidays, this gets some action tomorrow night in the sim. I can't wait to see what comes of it because the two rounds with it in the bag treated me very well.

Im really looking forward to more info on this one.
Its the only driver I have ever seen that I think could give the XXIO Prime a run for the money in looks.

Its the only driver I have ever seen that I think could give the XXIO Prime a run for the money in looks.

Just so good looking. Love the subtle colors on the crown, and the shape works for me.

after some time off with the holidays, this gets some action tomorrow night in the sim. I can't wait to see what comes of it because the two rounds with it in the bag treated me very well.

I'm looking forward to seeing those sim numbers, especially compared to GBB. Waiting on my GBB to arrive but this one is intriguing me quite a bit.

The crown looks so nice, the sound is good, and your results speak for themselves.

Agreed, from the in hands I really love that crown color of the 9

I'm looking forward to seeing those sim numbers, especially compared to GBB. Waiting on my GBB to arrive but this one is intriguing me quite a bit.

The crown looks so nice, the sound is good, and your results speak for themselves.

Hopefully if I get there early I can hit both drivers and compare numbers. Usually find this place as pretty accurate numbers. Will also be getting some LM numbers with it this weekend.

To be fair, that's a lot of money to give a run for! :bulgy-eyes:

Seriously though, I'm totally curious how this premium brand holds up against other equipment in comparison.

How is the performance compared to the Prime?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Still pondering this one heavily. If the 441 is high on this one it can't be wrong right???

ddec - you haven't hit the XXIO 8 at all, by any chance? I'm intrigued by a comparison, since they're closing out XXIO 8 drivers at the local shop, and They're at the price of a "normal" driver.

Back