2015 Weight Loss and Nutrition Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yessir. Lost 20 pounds on it the first time, hoping for 8-10 this time. One of my best friends wanted to do it, and he wanted an accountability partner, so I volunteered to do it. I am unsure how effective it is supplement wise, but it cuts out refined carbs, dairy, alcohol, coffee, etc. for 24 days, and encourages working out, for me it forces me to be accountable for my food choices so as to feel I am not wasting the $$.

What I will say is that Spark stuff (pre-workout/energy drink mix) whatever you want to call it.. Works and it tastes pretty darn good too

I am a HUGE fan of that program my wife and I have seen great results both times we have done it. I always feel MUCH better while doing it as well.

I am down 5 lbs. so far in the last two weeks just by eating a bit better and cutting out ALL beer and soda and actually going to the gym. Have not changed much just being a bit more careful with my choices

A lady I work with, she was telling me her husband is going to be trying it starting this weekend. Cutting coffee would be hard for me.

The spark fills the space left by coffee nicely. Stuff is so good I want to get some just to have on hand even without doing the program

A lady I work with, she was telling me her husband is going to be trying it starting this weekend. Cutting coffee would be hard for me.

I am not sure it is 100% necessary, but I drink a TON of Diet Coke, and honestly Spark when I wake up to go to the gym and I am good to go. If I feel a little tired in the afternoon I will drink some more Spark. It works pretty darn well

maybe something I will look in to during February. 24 days would be tough right now with PGA show looming in 2.5 weeks.

maybe something I will look in to during February. 24 days would be tough right now with PGA show looming in 2.5 weeks.

Ya hit me up if you have any questions man. You definitely need 24 uninterrupted days.

Be careful with the granola bars. They tend to be loaded with sugar.

Yes they are, I'll try to find a good one now, I had forgotten about that. I really like the Clif oatmeal raisin and the Nature Valley Almond Crunch, but they're both pretty high in sugar. They'll be my cheats here and there but I'll still be on the lookout for something better. If I can't find anything, I'll just stick to the fruits or cheese sticks. Thanks!

Another orange theory class done, and 707 calories burned. I am still the worst person in the class, but I am there and I am pushing myself so that's all that matters.

Next week will be hard because JB and I have some traveling to do in some really good food areas, but even if I fall for one week,I will get right back up. I am on a year long journey to see where I can go with this weight loss thing. Before I would try unrealistic one month goals, this time I am doing it for an entire year. So we will see how it goes.

That's awesome Morgan! Love the journey of a year versus some crazy 1-2 month thing. Weight doesn't get added in just a month and nor will it come off in just a month.

Another orange theory class done, and 707 calories burned. I am still the worst person in the class, but I am there and I am pushing myself so that's all that matters.

Next week will be hard because JB and I have some traveling to do in some really good food areas, but even if I fall for one week,I will get right back up. I am on a year long journey to see where I can go with this weight loss thing. Before I would try unrealistic one month goals, this time I am doing it for an entire year. So we will see how it goes.

That is super!!! Way to go! I would put you as one of the best in the class ... remember the goal is work hard for the hour, and obviously you did that, and kicked some major ass!!!!

Oh, and one more thing if I may ... and stop looking at other's numbers ... only yours matter!!! Based on what you have shared here, I'd say you are doing fantastic with Orange Theory!

Last week I met my goal number of 900+, but had a stretch goal of 960 ... I missed it ... I worked hard, but got off to a slow start on the rowers for some reason. I think because my daughter was late to the class, and I kept looking at the door waiting on her ...

I was literally opening up a NV Almond Crunch bar as I was reading this.9g.
Yes they are, I'll try to find a good one now, I had forgotten about that. I really like the Clif oatmeal raisin and the Nature Valley Almond Crunch, but they're both pretty high in sugar. They'll be my cheats here and there but I'll still be on the lookout for something better. If I can't find anything, I'll just stick to the fruits or cheese sticks. Thanks!

The Girardcorp household has fallen off the bandwagon after the holidays, and we both decided we've gotten back into eating too much sugar. We have all sorts of chocolate laying around the house from the holidays and it needs to go... We might try to get back on our Vegan eating, which seemed to work well for both of us. I'd like to be down to 210 by the time i'm playing some RTJ golf at the Kentwool... 5 pounds seems doable. I'd be really happy at that point, with a total weight loss at 25 pounds (at 210).

It's a marathon, not a sprint. Actually, it's a journey that never really ends like a race does.

GG, That is awesome.Do you know that nearly everyone thinks they are the worst in the class. Who cares. What about the lazy folks who are not even there.You are on a great journey.Have fun with it.Just get up every morning. Perhaps you can check out if there are Orange Theory locations where you guys are traveling.I am leaving for an Outdoor retail show in Salt Lake. I have already found a YMCA and have a three day pass from 24 hour fitness. I just get up early and kick butt.

I was literally opening up a NV Almond Crunch bar as I was reading this.9g.

Too funny! NV isn't as bad as the Clif bars, I think they're upwards of 20g.

I have a buddy who is the Cali rep for Cliff. I think because these are' healthy' bars we assume the sugar will be low. I was a rep GU nutrition for years and some of their stuff was crazy high in sugar.
Too funny! NV isn't as bad as the Clif bars, I think they're upwards of 20g.

Victory one bars are awesome and only have 1 gram of sugar

OK, I know its a massive firestorm right now for them (change always is) but I freaking love the new WW points. The fact that protein is no longer as penalized is massive for me thus-far and will continue to be. I remember when I did it 5 or so years ago and that was what drove me out, I never felt full and always felt deprived. Now though, not at all.

OK, I know its a massive firestorm right now for them (change always is) but I freaking love the new WW points. The fact that protein is no longer as penalized is massive for me thus-far and will continue to be. I remember when I did it 5 or so years ago and that was what drove me out, I never felt full and always felt deprived. Now though, not at all.

All this talk about WW, after Advocare is over I may give it a try. I haven't really struggled with the clean eating part, but looking into it never hurt anyone, and it may workout insanely well for me, only one way to find out.

034c4ba1fc5b195cf0086e9d8fbdb60e.jpg

These are heaven

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Trying to eat better to reach my goal of hitting single digit body fat% for the first time in my life. Checked in today at 174lbs and 15.4% body fat. Going to cut beer out of my diet for the month of February and March to see how that impacts me too.

That's a huge change, and one of the reasons I looked at WW and just decided to not go that route.

That's a huge change, and one of the reasons I looked at WW and just decided to not go that route.

Meat being less points and veggies/fruit 0 is a massive win for me.

Has anyone done a body fat measurement? A college near me offers the Bod Pod, which is apparently is as good as it gets. For $35 bucks I am thinking of doing it, and then when I get down to my goal weight doing it again to see if I am on track.

Thoughts?

Has anyone done a body fat measurement? A college near me offers the Bod Pod, which is apparently is as good as it gets. For $35 bucks I am thinking of doing it, and then when I get down to my goal weight doing it again to see if I am on track.

Thoughts?

We did one back when I was in college (I was a bioinstrumentation major, and we were learning how they worked). For $35 I feel like that's worth doing - it's going to be the most accurate way to measure. If you're just looking at tracking process, an impedance measurement might be "good enough" assuming you measure under similar conditions, but by the time you buy one you're halfway to your $70 for two measurements anyway, and the Bod Pod is going to be a lot more accurate.

Texas, my daughter did one in a bob pod and it was a really interesting thing. She is a competitive swimmer and she was having trouble gaining weight at the time. It was easy breezy and it gave her coaches some good info.

Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back