DC MD VA Area Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you get the Discovery life channel on the TV, they are currently doing a six part story on Maryland Shock Trauma. My wife is an RN at Trauma. I asked if she was going to be in it. She said that most people were asked to sign a paper saying it was OK to show them on the show. She signed the paper, but has no idea if she will be shown or will end up on the cutting room floor. She was not in the first episode. I have always respected what she does, but watching what the people at Trauma do just about every day, makes me appreciate her and her peers even more.

If you get the Discovery life channel on the TV, they are currently doing a six part story on Maryland Shock Trauma. My wife is an RN at Trauma. I asked if she was going to be in it. She said that most people were asked to sign a paper saying it was OK to show them on the show. She signed the paper, but has no idea if she will be shown or will end up on the cutting room floor. She was not in the first episode. I have always respected what she does, but watching what the people at Trauma do just about every day, makes me appreciate her and her peers even more.

That's cool! My aunt, who lives in Oahu, is a shock trauma nurse in the ER in downtown Honolulu. I don't know how she does it. Been there for over 30 years I think.

That's great Larry. You know our old mutual friend HarleyGuy. He spent a few weeks there after hitting a tree on his bike about 10 years ago. They took such great care of him, and he was back up and riding in no time.

I'll never forget the site of him, when I saw him the day after the accident. It's truly a miracle that he lived and that he recovered fully. Keep us posted if you get any hints on her being in an episode

Having a small putting green put in my basement to stay ready through the winter and to be ready for the Carolina challenge! Really excited about the whole process!

Any updates?

Any updates?

Doesn't get installed until the end of January. Until then I will have to use the little putting strip in my bedroom. It's OK but monotonous! Can't wait to try to get into the Carolina challenge, it should be awesome!! I've already challenged the winner between Eric and Kevin. Should be fun!

That's great Larry. You know our old mutual friend HarleyGuy. He spent a few weeks there after hitting a tree on his bike about 10 years ago. They took such great care of him, and he was back up and riding in no time.

I'll never forget the site of him, when I saw him the day after the accident. It's truly a miracle that he lived and that he recovered fully. Keep us posted if you get any hints on her being in an episode

I have had three motorcycles, the last one is on my wife's finger so to speak. My wife is not very demanding, but being a trauma nurse, she is firm that I will never have another one. The bad news is that I will never have another bike, the good news is that the wife seems to want me to stay alive.

Already posted this in the practice thread and RR thread, but figured it couldn't hurt to post it here.

I'll be at Arundel Golf tonight around 6 - 6:30 if anyone wants to get in some practice. Yea, it'll be cold. Layer up!

I appreciate your dedication....It had to be freezing there last night!

I normally go to Arundel every Tuesday and Thursday but it's been too cold for me lately....I am going to go tomorrow after work, but, I am usually gone by 6:30.

Are the heaters working there now?

Joe

I appreciate your dedication....It had to be freezing there last night!

I normally go to Arundel every Tuesday and Thursday but it's been too cold for me lately....I am going to go tomorrow after work, but, I am usually gone by 6:30.

Are the heaters working there now?

Joe

They were last week - at least to an extent lol. I will find out tonight!

They were last week - at least to an extent lol. I will find out tonight!

I really don't think the heaters help too much once the temp get below 30 deg....

Have fun...

I really don't think the heaters help too much once the temp get below 30 deg....

Have fun...

True. It's more about the wind for me.

Tweaked my back last night helping an injured friend move some stuff. Hoping it's just some muscle since it's not too bad, but I'll be laying off on full swings until it's better. Chipping and putting until then. Hoping for a reasonable day this weekend to get some outdoor practice in.

33e083b1faada9db7b37b58c3552f701.jpg

Changing the TT display to actually have something DMV related.

A company at Belvoir has shown some interest in hiring me for a position as a Senior Instructor. They want me to come to work, but I have to upgrade my security clearance in order to hold the job and they're not sure whether the Prime contractor will spend the money yet.

This is the 3rd job I've been close to getting. The 1st two wouldn't pay me what I needed to move back to NoVa. This one seems like the pay will work, but they have to pay for my clearance upgrade, so that may be a job killer once it hits the bean counters.

A company at Belvoir has shown some interest in hiring me for a position as a Senior Instructor. They want me to come to work, but I have to upgrade my security clearance in order to hold the job and they're not sure whether the Prime contractor will spend the money yet.

This is the 3rd job I've been close to getting. The 1st two wouldn't pay me what I needed to move back to NoVa. This one seems like the pay will work, but they have to pay for my clearance upgrade, so that may be a job killer once it hits the bean counters.

From what I have seen/heard in the last few years companies aren't as keen to pay for clearance upgrades or even for new people who don't have them. I worked with a lot of people who got hired by companies out of college and sat in the "tank" for a year or more collecting a paycheck while waiting for the clearance process to finish.

Hopefully everything works out for you... so you can be on the winning side for RR.

I know of your strong alliegance to the Carolina contingent. But just think how much fun it is to beat true friends. You could find out in July!!

We can all be friends now and I love you guys, but we can't be teammates until after RR. My RR allegiance is to Captain Ron and the Carolinians, so my physical location can't change that. It's also where your residence is when the selection takes place and I'll definitely still be a NC resident when that happens.

I do look forward to playing more golf in VA. The few rounds I have up there have shown me that golf is a completely different game than here in the Sandhills. No easier or more difficult, the club interaction with the ground is just different and take me a while to get used to. Sand vs. Clay.

Good luck!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Hello DMV friends. The RR has gotten me checking out more of the forums and I am really glad I signed up for the AC. Live in Harford County MD and hope we can meet up and play soon!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Where do you typically play dude?

Was stationed at Belvoir for a little while in the early 90s. Nice post, but the traffic is hell! Good Luck!

We can all be friends now and I love you guys, but we can't be teammates until after RR. My RR allegiance is to Captain Ron and the Carolinians, so my physical location can't change that. It's also where your residence is when the selection takes place and I'll definitely still be a NC resident when that happens.

I do look forward to playing more golf in VA. The few rounds I have up there have shown me that golf is a completely different game than here in the Sandhills. No easier or more difficult, the club interaction with the ground is just different and take me a while to get used to. Sand vs. Clay.

Brother I hope it works out for you. RR aside, let us know f there is anything we can do to help out.

Where do you typically play dude?

A variety of places. Usually play league at Aberdeen Proving Grounds, but will play Mt. Branch, Greystone, Compass Point on occasion, some places in southern PA and Cecil County. Try to get to Bulle Rock once every other year but it is pricey. Being a teacher I have a lot of flexibility to play during the summer.

A variety of places. Usually play league at Aberdeen Proving Grounds, but will play Mt. Branch, Greystone, Compass Point on occasion, some places in southern PA and Cecil County. Try to get to Bulle Rock once every other year but it is pricey. Being a teacher I have a lot of flexibility to play during the summer.

we will definitely get together. Greystone is a fun track.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back