The coolest thing you ever saw

I thought I saw a UFO once at White Sands NM. Years later, they released the Stealth Bomber and revealed that they had done a lot of the testing at White Sands. Talk about a disappointment. As soon as I saw the pictures, I knew that's what I had seen.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Couple of cool things:

On a fishing trip on the Caribbean Sea a guy on the boat was reeling in a small bull shark. About 10 yards from the boat, another, huge shark grabs the one on the hook, just destroys it, and swings away. We all stood there in shock, frozen, unable to say anything.

Last year POTUS visited Amsterdam. He a bunch of choppers with him that had training and recon flights with the Amsterdam PD choppers around the skyscraper I work in. It's an awesome sight to see 9 choppers really close together flying circles around you. I went to the actual visit as well where the landed the choppers in the city center, and it was just really cool to see.

Honorable mentions: Tons of beautiful views during holidays.

The pics came out like crap but while we were out today we saw five bald eagles flying together. They were just circling so I guess they were hunting. Bad pics because the sun was so bright and I couldn't see my screen very well. I was lucky to have been able to get as many of them as I did.

I've never seen so many large birds of prey at one time before.

195dd9b2eb91ff0644a65054e65e2c5e.jpg
2d7d6799b616403705c300e0280db647.jpg

Last edited:
Driving home this evening I was stopped at a light and looked to my right just as a hawk swooped down, caught a squirrel and flew off with it.

Effing awesome to watch. I saw the hawk when it was about five feet from the soon to be a meal squirrel.

There's a golf course in the area that brought in a bunch of cottontail rabbits to chew up clover and dandelions, which is all well and good, except they are not native to the area, and do not know how to get out of the way of the hawks that are native to the area. As such, the golf course has turned into something of a raptor preserve. It's very cool. Not so much for the bunnies, though.

As for me...coolest thing I've seen...while out on a patrol during the summer of 2003 in Iraq, we came across an ammo dump, about a quarter-mile stretch of road with trenches dug alongside and ammo for the Iraqi anti-aircraft guns in all the trenches. Ordnance Disposal came out and decided to just blow it all up with one giant daisy chain. That was way past awesome, totally worth the tinnitus. I also got to see the reaction of a lot of Iraqis the day Saddam got captured, but then we got mortared pretty heavily that night, so I'm not sure the reaction was entirely genuine.

This past summer we had a tornado pass within a couple 100 yards of the house. I was watching TV and the sky goes black so I get up to let my black lab in and look outside. I have never heard my lab wine but I open the door and she was up aginst the French door. She started wining about 15 seconds later the wind picked up hard enough to rip the door out of my hand. I turned grabbed the dog by the back of the neck and yanked her inside. The wind was taking a 16 inch black maple tree and swinging it about 20 foot back and forth. I should have been in the basement but couldn't leave the front door watching. Was a amazing sight luckily no one was hurt. Mother nature is awesome to watch but incredibly ruthless.

Back