Snedeker Puts New Bridgestone Gear into Play

GolferGal

Chick Norris
Boss Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
Got some inside info that Brandt is putting new Bridgestone gear into play this week:

Brandt is putting into play the new 2016 TOUR B330 and JGR Driver. Brandt is seeing higher launch and better distance from the new ball off the tee, and much better greenside spin on his approaches. Interestingly, Brandt just started testing the new balls last week, but with the immediate performance improvements he's seen from the new core and cover finish, he's already putting them in play. The JGR Driver is the 9.5 degree version, and it is a big deal to him to have found something that kicks his trusty TaylorMade Burner out of the bag after all these years.

Its about time Sneds got something to replace that burner!

I wonder what his distance gains are?

Interesting stuff. I'm even more intrigued to hear what Bridgestone has up their sleeve this year now...

Love hearing Bstone is having success with the new ball so quickly as well as the jgr being a hit

Really glad to see him finally make the transition away from the Burner. Won't help Bridgestone much with it being a Japan offering but better than the TaylorMade in the bag.

The JGR is not a Japan only offering, Cookie. It just launched there first. A slightly different U.S. version will be available here in March and that is what Sneds is playing.

Last edited:
The JGR is not a Japan only offering, Cookie. It just launched there first. A slightly different U.S. version will be available here in March and that is what Sneds is playing.

Cool, good info. They were discussing earlier in another thread and saying Japan only. Even better for Brirdgestone then with it being available here soon.

Love hearing how much he liked the new ball and its really saying something if the JGR gets put in his bag long term

Looks weird seeing him without the Superfast

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I like hearing Sned is going with the new driver. But what I really like hearing is, he is already playing the new ball. That is good news.

I was wondering when there would be mention of the new B330 series balls. I'm excited, the old ones should go on sale!

Nice... only a week of testing and he's got the ball in play, must be the #BestBallEver!!!!

It the driver got his TaylorMade out it must really be working for him.

Its going to be really weird seeing him with a different driver, but I'm glad he's putting more Bridgestone stuff into play.

That is big news to kick the TM driver out. I am liking the deep face from what I have seen so far of the JGR. Really looking forward to the new B330.

Did they go away from the water core?
Got some inside info that Brandt is putting new Bridgestone gear into play this week:

Brandt is putting into play the new 2016 TOUR B330 and JGR Driver. Brandt is seeing higher launch and better distance from the new ball off the tee, and much better greenside spin on his approaches. Interestingly, Brandt just started testing the new balls last week, but with the immediate performance improvements he's seen from the new core and cover finish, he's already putting them in play. The JGR Driver is the 9.5 degree version, and it is a big deal to him to have found something that kicks his trusty TaylorMade Burner out of the bag after all these years.

Love he is making the switch so cool. Has me excited for what bridgestone is releasing

Love hearing his immediate affection for the new B330 ball.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

For him that's a huge change at driver. Glad to see the newest stuff is working for him.

Changing drivers says a lot about the JGR driver. Sned has gamed the TM for what seems like forever. May have to think about upgrading the J715... If not upgrading it, add the JGR to a driver rotation battle. Sounds like it could be fun.

Pretty freaking good debut with the new gear.

That homing device in the ball rumor looks like it might be a real thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great stuff there!

It the driver got his TaylorMade out it must really be working for him.

Same thing I was thinking since he has been so successful with the TM. This is very positive and a win for Bridgestone.

JM

Back