THP Regional Rivalry - DC/MD/VA vs Carolinas Sponsored By True Temper

Got out with the new irons for some range time today. They felt really good. But the most impressive sight was seing our Captain put on a stripe show with his new muira blades. If the term purring is a ore that, that's what he was doing. Also he was killing the 2 deep and 5w. 6 months Way but he looked like he was ready to begin this thing tomorrow.

Emart was on point as well. We through in some target practoce on different shots to get the competitive juices going a bit.

Got out with the new irons for some range time today. They felt really good. But the most impressive sight was seing our Captain put on a stripe show with his new muira blades. If the term purring is a ore that, that's what he was doing. Also he was killing the 2 deep and 5w. 6 months Way but he looked like he was ready to begin this thing tomorrow.

Emart was on point as well. We through in some target practoce on different shots to get the competitive juices going a bit.

That's good stuff. Glad to see y'all getting in some work. Hope to be doing the same this wet stuff everyday is not letting it happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My biggest concern is worrying about how I'm gonna play in front of new people. I have game but when I get around some new guys i tend to lock up. I can still get the job done but my heart is racing. I've gotta work in the nerves and get out and play out side of my comfort zone
We all play a lot of rounds with each other. Playing in front of us will be old hat by the time #THPRegionalRivalry rolls around. #GoCarolinas

THP Regional Rivalry - DC/MD/VA vs Carolinas Sponsored By True Temper

We all play a lot of rounds with each other. Playing in front of us will be old hat by the time #THPRegionalRivalry rolls around. #GoCarolinas

Sounds like a great plan to me! I hope to get some rounds under my belt with fellow thp'ers before the rivalry

#GoCarolinas

So we had some really nice weather today in NC finally. Still very wet...and I'm glad i wear sunglasses, but i got some good wedge practice in.

That's awesome

Not to pile on and lots if guys summed it up really well already but playing with THPers is unlike any other good experience. Skill level doesn't matter, familiarity for sure doesn't and it some of the most fun rounds I have had playing. My first event was just over a year ago. Arrived at the airport met two other guys that were sharing the rental car and we had a 45 min ride to the resort/course. We talked the entire time like we knew each other forever and it carried thru the entire trip and I talk with on of the guys regularly. Met a bunch of other guys and formed some serious bonds that have been reinforced through interaction on THP. We saw some good golf and some shaky golf but no one cared and the only time some of them were talked about we during dinner or hanging out and it was not to make some one feel bad but like you would joke with your normal buddies

Got a practice round in today with cnosil and G$$$. First time I had met these guys and I had fun. Did not play my best golf but had some good swings. Even with the poor golf I played today I still had fun with them.

Got a practice round in today with cnosil and G$$$. First time I had met these guys and I had fun. Did not play my best golf but had some good swings. Even with the poor golf I played today I still had fun with them.
I like that the hopefuls are getting out together, it's part of what we are all about here at THP. Good stuff brothers

Not to pile on and lots if guys summed it up really well already but playing with THPers is unlike any other good experience. Skill level doesn't matter, familiarity for sure doesn't and it some of the most fun rounds I have had playing. My first event was just over a year ago. Arrived at the airport met two other guys that were sharing the rental car and we had a 45 min ride to the resort/course. We talked the entire time like we knew each other forever and it carried thru the entire trip and I talk with on of the guys regularly. Met a bunch of other guys and formed some serious bonds that have been reinforced through interaction on THP. We saw some good golf and some shaky golf but no one cared and the only time some of them were talked about we during dinner or hanging out and it was not to make some one feel bad but like you would joke with your normal buddies
Good point Emart, even though this is a Team event, which can be somewhat polarizing by nature. In the end I'm hoping were all looking for a great weekend (just cause the event is one day doesn't a mean we need to cut it short of a full weekend) of meeting new people, enjoying old friends, playing a great golf course, and having a blast. I Hank it's only fitting the MVP buys a round of drinks :).

Good point Emart, even though this is a Team event, which can be somewhat polarizing by nature. In the end I'm hoping were all looking for a great weekend (just cause the event is one day doesn't a mean we need to cut it short of a full weekend) of meeting new people, enjoying old friends, playing a great golf course, and having a blast. I Hank it's only fitting the MVP buys a round of drinks :).

I thought this was already in the rules must have been in my head

I thought this was already in the rules must have been in my head

I'm with Ron and assumed it was a given.

New question:

How will you handle the "good - good" (giving of a putt) while playing in this event? Do you have a strategy to using them.

New question:

How will you handle the "good - good" (giving of a putt) while playing in this event? Do you have a strategy to using them.
Had not thought about it really. I guess it depends on how the person is putting, how close they are and the time in the match. Will have to think more on it but I can say that I won't be an ass about it. Hell I am probably to nice when it comes to giving puts.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

New question:

I'm going full on Pettersen.

Nah, just kidding. Giving putts is something I decide in the moment. There are so many external factors, I don't think I could write them all down.

What's the current score?
How am I playing?
How is my opponent putting?
What hole are we on?
How is the team doing?

And so on...

FWIW-I never expect to be given a putt. I prepare to make it no matter what. I feel that keeps me more even keel.

Had not thought about it really. I guess it depends on how the person is putting, how close they are and the time in the match. Will have to think more on it but I can say that I won't be an ass about it. Hell I am probably to nice when it comes to giving puts.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
I think when it's "competition" some people tend to get stingy, or use it as a way to play some pschological games with their opponent. There is no right or wrong way to go about it really. Just something to think about prior to getting on the first green.

New question:

I will have a mutual respect for whoever I am playing. Making them make a short one is one thing but tap ins and super close is another.

New question:

This is a really tough one. Early in the round I think things are a bit more forgiving. After a few holes, I will certainly give putts where they should be given but I never expect that any putt will be given to me and my opponent should approach it the same way.

At the end of the day we should be having fun and enjoying this wonderful community first and foremost but you better believe I want to win for my team and will make you putt that six footer for the hole.

I will have a mutual respect for whoever I am playing. Making them make a short one is one thing but tap ins and super close is another.
I agree dude. "Inside the leather" takes on a whole new meaning in some of these events.

New question:

I don't think there is a definitive answer on this. There are lots of dependencies like the status of the match, how you are playing, how your opponent is playing, the actual putt itself. I am probably pretty generous on gimmie's but if I am putting well, I may make my opponent putt a few and vice versa if I am putting poorly I may pull for a good -good scenario. If the match is tight, i may give putts early hoping to put more pressure on late. Just a scenario based decision.

I'm going full on Pettersen.

Nah, just kidding. Giving putts is something I decide in the moment. There are so many external factors, I don't think I could write them all down.

What's the current score?
How am I playing?
How is my opponent putting?
What hole are we on?
How is the team doing?

And so on...

FWIW-I never expect to be given a putt. I prepare to make it no matter what. I feel that keeps me more even keel.
Absolutely dude, I think it comes down to what is going on in the moment too.

New question:

I'd say it depends on the circumstances, but I'd like it to be consistent. What's I'm giving on #1, I feel I should give on #18. I'm willing to be dissuaded of that fact, especially since I've never been in this sort of competition but it's my first inclination. I don't want to win because I was a jackhole on #18 on a putt I otherwise gave all day.

I'd say it depends on the circumstances, but I'd like it to be consistent. What's good on #1, I feel should be good on #18. I'm willing to be dissuaded of that fact, especially since I've never been in this sort of competition but it's my first inclination.
Is it something you would normally talk it ver with your partner prior to the round or is it something you'd figure out as you go.

Is it something you would normally talk it ver with your partner prior to the round or is it something you'd figure out as you go.

Interesting twist to this will be what format are we playing. If you give a putt you and your partner should be on the same page about it in my mind.

I'd definitely consult with my partner and captain. I don't think I'd give a putt without my partners approval. He may have another idea in mind. Having a plan would take a lot of the worry out of the equation. Gives me peace of mind to focus on the task at hand.

Back