I have failed my daughters in the area of riding a bike. They will not let me touch the training wheels and/or even raise them higher to get a feel. I don't know if it's me or because they are girls? Boys seem to be riding bikes once they come out of the wound. I'm resigned that if they ever learn to ride a bike it will be in their 20's and away from daddy.

I have failed my daughters in the area of riding a bike. They will not let me touch the training wheels and/or even raise them higher to get a feel. I don't know if it's me or because they are girls? Boys seem to be riding bikes once they come out of the wound. I'm resigned that if they ever learn to ride a bike it will be in their 20's and away from daddy.

My daughter was the same way. Once she finally got the hang of riding and I took the training wheels off, she wanted nothing to do with her bike again. I actually just donated it last month, got tired of it sitting in the garage.

My son, on the other hand, will be on his 3rd bike come springtime. He wears them out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My daughter was the same way. Once she finally got the hang of riding and I took the training wheels off, she wanted nothing to do with her bike again. I actually just donated it last month, got tired of it sitting in the garage.

My son, on the other hand, will be on his 3rd bike come springtime. He wears them out.
Good to know I'm not alone. It's weird because girls are usually more athletically developed than boys at a young age but for the life of them they can't get over the balancing act of going fast to stay up.

I've actually run into the opposite, my daughter was pumped to take them off and rode quickly, my son, who's 4, wants to take them off, just can't get his balance down at all!

Good to know I'm not alone. It's weird because girls are usually more athletically developed than boys at a young age but for the life of them they can't get over the balancing act of going fast to stay up.

With her, it was turning. She hated it. Just couldn't get it down. It kills me too because we live in a fairly quiet neighborhood with lots of cul de sacs, perfect for bike riding.

So yesterday was bite #2 in 3 days. Dropped kiddo off today and asked if the biting has cropped up again, and they confirmed it. Said about 8-9 kids are involved which is about 70% of the class. The last two times Nick was bitten he was 1. sleeping in his cot and was bit on his back, and 2. sitting down playing with a toy when the other kid walked past him and grabbed his arm and chomped down.

I understand my kid getting bit when he tries to snag food off someone else's plate, or grab a toy they've been playing with. But I get downright pissed off when my kid gets bit when he's asleep.

Problem is ... I know who the biter is. His mom works in HR. Guess who handles the daycare. Yep, you guessed it ... HR. Think they're going to enforce the "if your kid is a chronic biter, they'll be released" disclaimer we all signed at the beginning of the year? Doubtful.

So... My kid was a biter and was one for about 3 months. You have no idea how bad of a feeling it is to know you can stop it and that your child has harmed another. My son is now 2 and well past this stage. When we first started day care he was bit and it was upsetting and I had the same emotions you felt believe me. I actually felt worse when I found out he was then biting. It is usually an attention thing and kids that age are to young to know really what they are doing.

I will say I have no idea how he would get bit while sleeping, they should have a better eye on them than that and see that coming, thats on the daycare. I hope you get it resolved and your little guy doesnt get bit anymore, from my short time as a parent it seems like these "stages" if you will are all cured with time and maturity gained from it.

So... My kid was a biter and was one for about 3 months. You have no idea how bad of a feeling it is to know you can stop it and that your child has harmed another. My son is now 2 and well past this stage. When we first started day care he was bit and it was upsetting and I had the same emotions you felt believe me. I actually felt worse when I found out he was then biting. It is usually an attention thing and kids that age are to young to know really what they are doing.

I will say I have no idea how he would get bit while sleeping, they should have a better eye on them than that and see that coming, thats on the daycare. I hope you get it resolved and your little guy doesnt get bit anymore, from my short time as a parent it seems like these "stages" if you will are all cured with time and maturity gained from it.

While biting is generally in the younger years when the kids are just getting their teeth that's not always true. There was a kid in my sons school that was in the 3-4 year old class that bit 21 times in a 20 day period and one of the times was a teacher. I'm not sure if he got the boot or the parents were tired of having meetings about it on a daily basis and just pulled their kid but he's no longer there. But to your point his case was attention based. He was a product of "babies having babies" and mom and dad weren't together and constantly fighting so it was kind of his outlet.

I also agree the daycare should be keeping a better eye on the kids while they're sleeping and that should not have ever happened.

Maybe a one on one talk with the mom might drive the point home to her.

While biting is generally in the younger years when the kids are just getting their teeth that's not always true. There was a kid in my sons school that was in the 3-4 year old class that bit 21 times in a 20 day period and one of the times was a teacher. I'm not sure if he got the boot or the parents were tired of having meetings about it on a daily basis and just pulled their kid but he's no longer there. But to your point his case was attention based. He was a product of "babies having babies" and mom and dad weren't together and constantly fighting so it was kind of his outlet.

I also agree the daycare should be keeping a better eye on the kids while they're sleeping and that should not have ever happened.

Maybe a one on one talk with the mom might drive the point home to her.

tough to see kids in that situation as well. I hope the parents get it together for the childs sake.

Home with sick twins. I hate seeing them like this and not really being able to do anything to help them. They just seem so stuffed up and don't seem to have a consistent fever. We are hoping that keeping them home from day care today will let them rest and recover.

Home with sick twins. I hate seeing them like this and not really being able to do anything to help them. They just seem so stuffed up and don't seem to have a consistent fever. We are hoping that keeping them home from day care today will let them rest and recover.

yeah, it's no fun. Stuff like that hangs on for awhile. it seems like my son has had a snotty nose all winter.
Show them you avi, that might give them a smile :)

yeah, it's no fun. Stuff like that hangs on for awhile. it seems like my son has had a snotty nose all winter.
Show them you avi, that might give them a smile :)
Yeah it just seem to get any better, very frustrating.

They would start crying and need much consoling if I showed them this thing

Yeah it just seem to get any better, very frustrating.

They would start crying and need much consoling if I showed them this thing

I'm going to the Caps/Sabres game Saturday...your chance at revenge :)

Potty training week 2-3 is almost complete. Little man has done better than I expected.

Get a humidifier if you don't have one already. Mix with Vapo Steam and it helps esp. at night.

Get a humidifier if you don't have one already. Mix with Vapo Steam and it helps esp. at night.
Thanks buddy. We have one but we didn't clean it after last winter. Think we can clean it or just need to buy a new one?

Thanks buddy. We have one but we didn't clean it after last winter. Think we can clean it or just need to buy a new one?

Vicks makes one that is like $20 I think at any major pharmacy or grocery store. They are not expensive and we actually update ours every year or so. Vapo steam is a must though.

+1 on the vapo steam. Stuff is magic.

You can clean it. We do. We clean it with vinegar and wash it out really well.

Thanks guys I really appreciate the help and advice. I am going to make this happen for sure.

Vicks makes one that is like $20 I think at any major pharmacy or grocery store. They are not expensive and we actually update ours every year or so. Vapo steam is a must though.

I have heard this makes an enormous difference.

Parenting Thread

We went through the same thing. Razor scooters, my friend. Not the motorized ones, just the plain jane basic push with your foot model. It teaches them balance and gives them confidence. They feel safe because they are closer to the ground (ie, they can step off). Both of my kids picked up riding a bike thereafter without us being involved. You are welcome.

Last edited:
3f568f93449b304103351a7b102e7de0.jpg

Lil guy is 4 months old today. Can't believe it's been 4 months cause it feels like 4 years Lol I need sleep

It has helped us get through many of nights when we thought there was no chance of that happening.
I talked to the wife we are making this happen tonight. Thanks again man I really appreciate the advice.

My wife also said wait there is a parenting thread on your golf forum? I said yup, haha

Lunch time with twins

0dce3649bef6cd13ee3e91c5d5411e52.jpg

This is actually not that bad it is usually much messier haha

Back