I "pulled the pin"

kuyaariel

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
After reading the reviews, I bought a new Bombtech Grenade head, 10.5*. Will shaft with a new Project X 5.5 blue shaft. On paper it should be a good combo, but you never know. If this works out, my 12* J815 may be on the chopping block.

Nice, hope you enjoy it.

I hope you let us know how it goes.
Hope it works out for you.

From what I have read about it the people that like it LOVE it. Let us know your thoughts on it, not too much on the forum about this one.

Bombs away

Did you get the snake skin print version? Hope it's as long as they say for you. Keep us informed! Enjoy it

Thanks guys. For the past couple months I wasn't happy with my driver swing, but re-discovered it the past month. maybe it's the 12* on my Bridgestone, I dunno. Anyways, I've always wanted to give this one a try so I figured what the heck.

I do love buying your old stuff kuyaariel!.... looking forward to hearing your results.

Interested to hear some thoughts........and maybe eyeball that 815.

Ha!! Its 12*, Fubuki Z (not ZT) 60 reg shaft with only minor marks on the sole and face!!! Will do a head to head with the bombtech, and if the bombtech is better you can be sure to see this in the marketplace!

Interested to hear some thoughts........and maybe eyeball that 815.

And I love selling stuff (give me funds and an excuse to buy more things) What do you have that used to be mine?

I do love buying your old stuff kuyaariel!.... looking forward to hearing your results.

Very cool, looking forward to your results.

Hope it works out for ya. Didn't see any reviews here on it. ?

Grenadeeee!!! Remember hearing that called a few times from my service days.

Looking forward to your thoughts.

knowing you, something will be up on the marketplace in the near future haha! enjoy the new driver. i may be interested in the higher-lofted j815...

Looking forward to your thoughts on it.

And I love selling stuff (give me funds and an excuse to buy more things) What do you have that used to be mine?

Cru headcovers and I believe a callaway hybrid or fairway that I no longer have.

After reading the reviews, I bought a new Bombtech Grenade head, 10.5*. Will shaft with a new Project X 5.5 blue shaft. On paper it should be a good combo, but you never know. If this works out, my 12* J815 may be on the chopping block.

Hope it works. Keep us posted. I can one up you though.....

I bought a Perfect Driver last week! I play with a guy that hits the crap out of one.

I have come close numerous times with pulling the plug on this. I have been scared a few times by some of the reviews I've seen places. But have also heard great things so I am ultra curious to hear how you like it

Put this sucker together today. 10.5* head, Project X 5.5 shaft, new decade grip. just need it to get warmer...

20160119_152850_zpslfkxygyw.jpg

20160119_152909_zpsyv9qbwxa.jpg

20160119_152932_zpslclqnpfq.jpg

20160119_152937_zpsphqijnzq.jpg

Looks cool..eagerly awaiting your thoughts

Go hit it already.

Go hit it already.

Seriously! Let's hear how it explodes. Don't you only have like 10 seconds after pulling the pin before explosion? It's exploding dude, hit it!

Well, took it out to the range today. Here are my thoughts...

Matte black crown looks awesome. I've had the G25, I25, and G30 and this looks just as good as the Ping. The sound is very solid sounding. Not as loud as the Bridgestone. At set up the driver inspires confidence, as in, doesn't look too hard to hit.

As far as ball flight, it was a little lower than my Bridgestone. Not too sure how much is the head and how much is the shaft. Also, my Bombtech is 10.5* and the J815 is 12*. It flew farther as well. I don't have exact numbers (I'm a short hitter). I hit a couple toe shots and a heel shot. Definitely penalized there, but not as bad as most. Luckily most of my strikes were in the middle. A couple people asked what I was hitting and of course they never heard of Bombtech. There were impressed by the looks and sound.

i think I found my new gamer. Once photobucket gets back on line I'm going to list the J815

Back