Gary Woodland to Taylormade

I am not sure this is still accurate to be honest, depending on what stats you are looking at. I believe Callaway currently is #1 in driver, fairway, hybrid, iron and putter sales.

I was looking at some statistics based on Equipment companies ranked by revenue in 2015.

I am not sure this is still accurate to be honest, depending on what stats you are looking at. I believe Callaway currently is #1 in driver, fairway, hybrid, iron and putter sales.

Thought JB said at some point that the M1 regained the #1 spot for TM. Maybe that was just ranking companies top driver offerings though.

Both companies supply their tour guys with great equipment. Obviously there is a presentation of being a bit different and that's fine, but we need not forget that.

Woodland must be chasing the money.

Do we know that? Or did it just make sense for him?

This is a shock to say the least, but TM has to do something to try and get back to the top. Not my first choice bc he doesn't move the needle, but better than they've had

I was looking at some statistics based on Equipment companies ranked by revenue in 2015.

I think I know what stats you are looking at and I believe that number is factoring in soft goods as well. I might be wrong.

Thought JB said at some point that the M1 regained the #1 spot for TM. Maybe that was just ranking companies top driver offerings though.

I thought the comment was that units sold was still owned by TM, but it wasn't a reference to current lineup sales -- Rather drivers in general which includes previous lines/markdowns.

I thought the comment was that units sold was still owned by TM, but it wasn't a reference to current lineup sales -- Rather drivers in general which includes previous lines/markdowns.

Yea that could be, and that would make more sense as well.

Both companies supply their tour guys with great equipment. Obviously there is a presentation of being a bit different and that's fine, but we need not forget that.

Do we know that? Or did it just make sense for him?

Just guessing. He seemed like a good fit at Callaway with UA gear. I wonder if he'll switch to adidas as well.

Yeah, will be interesting to see if he moves from UA to Adidas (I'm assuming he will). He is going to crush that M1.

TM is selling the hell out of some $99 Jetspeeds, that's fo sho.

Well that is interesting move. Followed he for a round at Bridgestone and he just launched the ball.

Just guessing. He seemed like a good fit at Callaway with UA gear. I wonder if he'll switch to adidas as well.

I guess, but he wasn't really advancing, and maybe a change made sense for everyone involved.

TaylorMade should be a fun transition -- And he's going to sell a few of those drivers for them when he peppers them alongside some of his fellow staffers. Going to be big.

I guess, but he wasn't really advancing, and maybe a change made sense for everyone involved.

TaylorMade should be a fun transition -- And he's going to sell a few of those drivers for them when he peppers them alongside some of his fellow staffers. Going to be big.
Yep, I for one, can see why he would make a move (if it was his choice).

Woodland must be chasing the money.

And what's wrong with that? It would be kinda crazy not to take the best deal out there.

I say good on him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He and DJ are two big boys I'm sure TMAG will use to market distance of M1 along with Day. Wonder if he keeps his deal with UA or is being paid to switch to Adidas.

Based on the photo they posted on instagram, be will still be wearing UA.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Well that is interesting move. Followed he for a round at Bridgestone and he just launched the ball.

When he was here, he drove a green with a 3w when most of the other pros couldn't even reach it with driver.

When he was here, he drove a green with a 3w when most of the other pros couldn't even reach it with driver.

It was a sight to see fo sure

I'm disappointed to read this. He's a Kansas guy and going from Callaway to TaylorMade hurt me to the core. ha ha ha

Hopefully he plays well this year.

I'm disappointed to read this. He's a Kansas guy and going from Callaway to TaylorMade hurt me to the core. ha ha ha

Hopefully he plays well this year.

Hurt right to the gravity core? heh.

Agent Jay, M1 buyer in '17!

Hurt right to the gravity core? heh.

Agent Jay, M1 buyer in '17!
RIGHT to the Gravity core, yes.

Ya, I'm to much of a Callaway guy now....BUT as they say, $20 bucks is $20 bucks, so you never know!

Good for him. I hope he has a good year.

Just saw the Instagram post with him still in UA. He's gotta be one of the few all TM, no adidas guys right?

What interests me more is that this is what, the 3rd guy to leave Callaway so far in 2016? I think Finau and Kirk are bigger losses, but as blugold said, Woodland always did well in their commercials.

I am guessing Finau and Kirk got bigger deals to go to Nike/PXG respectively, but not sure on this one. Callaway had a big staff last year and added some college guys the end of last year so maybe this was thinning the herd for them.

Either way, he is going to bomb the hell out of the driver, if he ever improves in the short game/putting he might even win something.

Taylormade has a heck of a line up this year.

What interests me more is that this is what, the 3rd guy to leave Callaway so far in 2016? I think Finau and Kirk are bigger losses, but as blugold said, Woodland always did well in their commercials.

I am guessing Finau and Kirk got bigger deals to go to Nike/PXG respectively, but not sure on this one. Callaway had a big staff last year and added some college guys the end of last year so maybe this was thinning the herd for them.

Either way, he is going to bomb the hell out of the driver, if he ever improves in the short game/putting he might even win something.

They probably realized that they didn't have to buy the entire tour since TMAG was still #1 driver on tour yet sales were plummeting.

Back