Uncle Lou's vs Gus's Fried Chicken

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Which one would you choose and why?

After watching both videos they both look good, but if I can only try one I'd start with Uncle Lou's!

I'm ordering the Corruption spice as we speak.

• Admin
After watching both videos they both look good, but if I can only try one I'd start with Uncle Lou's!

I'm ordering the Corruption spice as we speak.

Thats my thought too. From local authority, Gus's has better sides, but that dip at uncle Lous makes me crave it.

I think I'm going to uncle Lou's but will make a pit stop at Gus

Man, I think I gotta go with Uncle Lou's. But either pick is a winner I think.

Gus's but it's a sentimental favorite. Don't sleep on the Fried Green Tomatoes and the Mac N Cheese.

Uncle Lou's is awesome, but sweeter. I always have a bottle of corruption in the house.

JM

Which one would you choose and why?

JB those are good, but may add Jack Pirtles chicken to the list.
It is a great place and we've had numerous times after morning rounds.

http://www.jackpirtleschicken.com/

@bigtazzGOLF
Sent from Big Orange country
using Tapatalk #GoVols

I think I'd go check out gus first, Lou second. those run down shacks are awesome.

the best fried chicken I've ever had is at the Whistlestop cafe in Irondale, Alabama. fried green tomatoes is based on that restaurant. it's perfection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Admin
944cc641f4dae01c34533c4c529627e0.jpg

996d04d53191e89e10a8d8717b6af32f.jpg

I was just informed that GG would be putting ketchup on her fried chicken? What? I think she might be a communist.

Hell no!!!! Tell her to get a salad!!! That is a crime and her soul sista card has been pulled

c637cd723ebc68d8ec91c76837bd9ae3.jpg

Why did I click into this thread. My gawd that looks amazing

Oh my.......do tell, do tell! Once you get your hands cleaned that is!

That Mac looks tasty too!

Love some Gus's. The original joint out in nowhere, TN outside Memphis was awesome. Last time i was at Gus's in Memphis i ordered an 8 piece. Waitress questioned my ability to eat it all. I finished it with room to spare.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

was that a dipping sauce for the chicken? what was it?

I was just informed that GG would be putting ketchup on her fried chicken? What? I think she might be a communist.

My wife does that at Gus's sometimes. Says it cools it down :) I say Yuck!

JM

Hell yes! That is my go to plate! Either that or whole wings. I have been known to stop off on the way home and pick up a Bakers Dozen wings for my dinner.

Hope you enjoyed!

JM

Uncle Lou's vs Gus's Fried Chicken

I didn't see the okra. solid plate of good southern soul food there. dammit man now I'm hungry!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Holy crap that was delicious! I could have just done all wings and been very happy. I still have half my plate left, but I brought it back to the hotel in case I get hungry later. I really wanted to try a fried pie but there was just no room left.

Holy crap that was delicious! I could have just done all wings and been very happy. I still have half my plate left, but I brought it back to the hotel in case I get hungry later. I really wanted to try a fried pie but there was just no room left.

Imagine how much better it would have been without Ketchup :alien:

Back