Anniversary locations that include golf!

mr.hicksta

Golf->Tacos->Gainz
Reaction score
I floated the idea of an anniversary weekend including golf to Mrs. Hicksta and she was cool with it, so I figured I'd tap the wealth of knowledge on THP for some ideas. I'm looking to keep the options limited to CA/NV/AZ and we overseas locations aren't an option (for this anniversary). Any suggestions are appreciated as I have about 60ish days to get everything planned!

While I've not played Torrey Pines, San Diego / La Jolla is one of our favorite anniversary getaways. Of the 6 years we've been married, we've spent 4 anniv there in SD. This year (Mar) will be in Napa. Have never been there, but looking forward to it.

Budget?

Not sure where you are but Napa is great, Vegas, Lodge at Pebble, Catalina. What else interests you besides golf?

There is a budget, but I don't have an exact figure just yet. Napa and Vegas had both crossed my mind and I was already leaning towards Vegas because of the variety of activities aside from golf.

While I've not played Torrey Pines, San Diego / La Jolla is one of our favorite anniversary getaways. Of the 6 years we've been married, we've spent 4 anniv there in SD. This year (Mar) will be in Napa. Have never been there, but looking forward to it.

Cool, I'll definitely check out La Jolla. I've been in that area for work before, but never for leisure so I have some research to do.

When we went to Vegas Rhodes Ranch was the best deal in town.We stayed at the Wynn and they still wanted $500 a round.And I was pleased that I broke 100 for one of the few times in my life on that course.A beautiful time on the strip and a great day on the course when things were going my way.What else could I ask for

Cool, I'll definitely check out La Jolla. I've been in that area for work before, but never for leisure so I have some research to do.

A few recommendations for SD/LJ:
Breakfasts: The Cottage or Brockton Villa in LJ, Hob Nob Hill (good ol diner)
Quick Lunch: Anthony's Fish Grotto
Dinner: Lou & Mickey's Steakhouse in the Gaslamp District.
Dessert: Extraordinary Desserts
Fun, after dinner thing to do: The Shout House (a dueling piano bar)

Aviara Carlsbad Hyatt. Fantastic property, really nice course. La Costa is in the same neighborhood.
Troon North AZ with Four Seasons Hotel - will be $$$ but a great property and 36 holes of serious golf.
JW Mariott Desert Ridge (Phoenix) - 36 holes, there is an LPGA tourney there.
La Quinta is really nice, there are many other good places in Palm Desert, CA

I appreciate all the input!

Fairmont Grand Del Mar. Most awesome property I've ever stayed at and the golf course is beautiful. Lebron James was married there. The only drawback is that is major $$$$

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fairmont Grand Del Mar. Most awesome property I've ever stayed at and the golf course is beautiful. Lebron James was married there. The only drawback is that is major $$$$

I damn sure don't have Lebron James money, but $228 a night isn't too crazy considering we'd be there two nights. I'll definitely dig into that one some more!

I damn sure don't have Lebron James money, but $228 a night isn't too crazy considering we'd be there two nights. I'll definitely dig into that one some more!

Man that's a killer deal. We paid $750/night when we went. It was our 10th anniversary so we splurged.

Also they will drive you to/from the beach and set you up with chairs and an umbrella at no additional cost.

Man that's a killer deal. We paid $750/night when we went. It was our 10th anniversary so we splurged.

Also they will drive you to/from the beach and set you up with chairs and an umbrella at no additional cost.

Yeah that property looks crazy nice! I take it the golf course was top notch as well?

We've done anniversary trips in Maui, Pebble, Napa, Palm Springs, and Pinehurst. Good that my wife plays so it's easy to sell somewhere that has good golf.

Yeah that property looks crazy nice! I take it the golf course was top notch as well?

The course is fantastic and private so it's not crowded at all. The views from the course are amazing.

33e10843d17b9b0f6fce30f6423c3851.jpg

We celebrated our 42nd wedding anniversary in Carmel for my wife (shopping) and a memorable round of golf at Pebble Beach for me.

Back