Does Waggling Bother You?

Blair's new nickname from me is "Happyfeet." Man that guy moves around alot.

For the most part, waggles or strange preshot routines don't bother me. But someone like Blair that can't sit still... I'd have to look away. It'd make me nervous just watching it.

I would hate to play w Blair on my home course. He would piss people off AND scuff the greens.
Probably would be a "one and done" guest.
As for the pre-shot waggle - fine as long as it doesn't slow down play. Once it does, I'm going JB on the guy and I will razz him to speed up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The waggle doesn't bother me, and in all honesty the waggle isn't really what slows up play.

On the Pro level I think the long drawn out conversations with the caddies would be more an issue. But at their level playing for a million dollars a week, pace of play is probably the last thing on their minds

As for us weekend warriors, not playing ready golf is the reason for slow play. But if you waggle and then hit it down the middle go for it. But if you're waggling and still having to constantly look for balls, then it's clearly not helping you out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think if I notice someone doing it (and taking a long time) it only bothers me if they don't have the game to back it up.

Not sure I have ever really thought about someones waggling. It does not bother me.

I'm with the majority here. Waggling doesn't bother me. I believe (although I'm not sure because it's pretty automatic for me) that I waggle twice (maybe 3 times) before I swing... but they're quick, and immediately after the last one, I begin my swing.

I played with a guy in October who had a 45+ second routine, including a 7-10 second 'zone out' where he wouldn't move while staring at the ball. It got old once we started to lose the group in front of us. At one point, we were almost a hole and a half behind. I mentioned that we were falling behind and his reply was that there was nobody up our backs, so it was no hurry.

If we weren't in a tournament, I would have gone on without him... but, I couldn't go anywhere. Luckily, we caught the group ahead of us by our 17th hole and we finished right behind them, but... it was brutal. I was happy that I wasn't paired with him on either of the following 2 days because I wasn't sure I could handle it.

I began taking in the scenery during his routine time... which certainly gave me an appreciation for Hilton Head.

I am bothered by slow play... waggling is the last thing someone does before the shot... so if you are slow, then aren't ready when it's your turn, doddle a little more, go back to get your golf glove, doddle some more, "oops! forgot my tee!", THEN waggle over your ball a few times... then yes... waggling bothers me.

If it's a cute girl in a short skirt it doesn't bother me at all.

As long as someone does not waggle like Jason Dufner, I am fine.

As long as someone does not waggle like Jason Dufner, I am fine.

Isn't he actually fairly fast from start of pre shot routine to actual swing though? That's more important for me than what the person does.

I'm indifferent on it. Doesn't bother me either way I guess. Watching the Sony Open it was getting a bit annoying watch Blair there. He was a bit over the top, kind of like Sergio back in the day.

Maybe next time we play a match Dan, I'll purposely find a waggle you dislike.

I don't take a single practice swing. But sometimes I can Keegan Bradley it out. I'm sure it can get annoying sometimes but I'm not a slow player so I say Waggle on!

Waggle_Blue.jpg

I'm almost positive that I waggle. I'm also almost positive that I waggle no more than once. I've been told that I play at ludicrous speed, so I can't imagine it's ever bothered anyone. Also, I pay very little attention to whatever my playing partners are doing...yet if I feel like we are the slow group, and one of them is the slow player, I may blurt out a "hit the ball Sergio." (But only to people I don't know :beat-up: )

Back