2016 Fitness and Workout Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something much heavier than I am. My back sure is getting stronger from them!
And your glutes. And your hammies. And your lats. And your shoulders. And your grip. And your abs.

Deadlifts are awesome.

And your glutes. And your hammies. And your lats. And your shoulders. And your grip. And your abs.

Deadlifts are awesome.
Definitely my favorite lift.

Great workout tonight with the instructor and it felt great to get back at it, after close to a 2 week break. I was pleased that my cardio levels held up during the break and recovering from sinus infection as I was the only one that didn't require a break during the class.

Finished the class with core work and stretching that felt fantastic.

Light squats. Deads. And bed.

Ugh. Work set is going to be brutal tonight. I'm aiming for 8 or 9. It's going to be a grind.

I started doing deads but Blu you need to come to my gym and teach these fools proper technique.

I started doing deads but Blu you need to come to my gym and teach these fools proper technique.
If they want to pay my way, I'll be glad to.

ran a mile in 7:20 today but I need to get it back under 7 minutes

I will report back. It is just brutal to watch.
Probably not as brutal as the set I just put in. 10 reps but I had to step back and shake out my hands a few times.

Extra day of rest today as we made plans for the evening. Back at it tomorrow.

One great benefit of the weight training has been an improvement in my posture. I find myself sitting and standing up straighter, and not getting tired doing so.

Extra day of rest today as we made plans for the evening. Back at it tomorrow.

One great benefit of the weight training has been an improvement in my posture. I find myself sitting and standing up straighter, and not getting tired doing so.
#correctanatomicpostions

Jeebus man.

Wow dude! That's really hardcore! Good for you! Makes my workouts ACTUALLY look like a walk in the park.

I missed the run as another guy was on the treadmill so I ride the bike for 7miles.

I love work out days like that makes me feel good. Doing two a days allows me to recoup then push hard again plus it more resembles the fire ground ops and it kills a good bit of the day at the station.

I also hit 150 balls last night after I ate dinner after my second work out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got back in the gym for the first time in a week for squats, bench, and deads, and got to wear my new adipowers for the first time. I got the weight up on squats, but it felt like my form was all over the place, and like I was leaning way too far forward. If it continues next time I'll try and get a video of it; maybe the heel in the shoes? Bench went well and progressed; still no pain since I'm pulling my scapulas down. Deads started well, but got up to my work set and was only able to do 3. Tried to do a second set of 3 and couldn't even get the first one. Part of it was probably a very short break as my brother was done with his sets and just waiting for me, and part of it might be a mental block that I'm telling myself I can't lift 375 since I've been stuck here for two weeks. After my failed 375 I dropped it to 365 to finish my last two reps.

Here's a form check video. I already see my head jerking up, and it looks like my back is very flat, but looks like I get a good angle before actually pulling, or is that all messed up? Any other comments are welcome.

Got back in the gym for the first time in a week for squats, bench, and deads, and got to wear my new adipowers for the first time. I got the weight up on squats, but it felt like my form was all over the place, and like I was leaning way too far forward. If it continues next time I'll try and get a video of it; maybe the heel in the shoes? Bench went well and progressed; still no pain since I'm pulling my scapulas down. Deads started well, but got up to my work set and was only able to do 3. Tried to do a second set of 3 and couldn't even get the first one. Part of it was probably a very short break as my brother was done with his sets and just waiting for me, and part of it might be a mental block that I'm telling myself I can't lift 375 since I've been stuck here for two weeks. After my failed 375 I dropped it to 365 to finish my last two reps.

Here's a form check video. I already see my head jerking up, and it looks like my back is very flat, but looks like I get a good angle before actually pulling, or is that all messed up? Any other comments are welcome.

Next week, take 25 lbs off of your deads. Deload. Deads are a crazy lift, some days they're light and others they're hell.

When you bring your shins to the bar and then set your back, you're pushing the bar forward. Stop that. It's causing the bar to swing forward then back. It's adding movement to the pull.

I know you have a new kiddo, there's a Starting Strength Coach in Omaha. He can yell at you properly.

Next week, take 25 lbs off of your deads. Deload. Deads are a crazy lift, some days they're light and others they're hell.

When you bring your shins to the bar and then set your back, you're pushing the bar forward. Stop that. It's causing the bar to swing forward then back. It's adding movement to the pull.

I know you have a new kiddo, there's a Starting Strength Coach in Omaha. He can yell at you properly.

Where do you see there's a coach in Omaha? I looked on the SS website and didn't see anything. I was looking for SS gyms, not coaches, I see it now.

What am I doing wrong that I can't get in position without moving the bar? Is it a flexibility issue? If I could ask, what does it typically cost to go visit a SS coach?

Where do you see there's a coach in Omaha? I looked on the SS website and didn't see anything. I was looking for SS gyms, not coaches, I see it now.

What am I doing wrong that I can't get in position without moving the bar? Is it a flexibility issue? If I could ask, what does it typically cost to go visit a SS coach?
Depends on the coach. Typically, when a lifter pushes the bar forward at that point in the setup it's because they drop their hips too much. The steps are:

1) bar over mid foot or 1" from shin (you look ok here).
2) bend over with straight legs and grab bar without moving the bar.
3) shins to the bar without pushing the bar away.
4) squeeze chest up without dropping hips (this is the hard step)
5) drag bar up the legs

Depends on the coach. Typically, when a lifter pushes the bar forward at that point in the setup it's because they drop their hips too much. The steps are:

1) bar over mid foot or 1" from shin (you look ok here).
2) bend over with straight legs and grab bar without moving the bar.
3) shins to the bar without pushing the bar away.
4) squeeze chest up without dropping hips (this is the hard step)
5) drag bar up the legs

I understand the steps, but I can't seem to get my chest up past flat without dropping my hips, at least that how it feels/looks to me.

I understand the steps, but I can't seem to get my chest up past flat without dropping my hips, at least that how it feels/looks to me.
Very common. You don't have an issue setting your lumbar. Next time you pull, set your lumbar an gently rock back onto your heels.

Dangnabbit!

I'm benching tonight. For a set of 5+ (basically as many possible) I was in a groove, then on the 7th rep I caught the J hook on the way up. I did a drop set of 5, but I'm still not happy

Still makes me mad. I had at least one more rep in me

Morning, gents!
bfaf73ae39db2ccefd5efd5577ffdf56.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Yeah, you put up that last rep way too easily. Next time!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Got on a scale this morning and it was crazy/disappointing i haven't been to the gym in a week because of the storm and I'm down 6-8 from what I had been up too. I guess I need to get in the gym today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think if you would have waited for the pussycat dolls song to pop off you would have gotten at least 10 more reps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back