How do you move the putter?

To be honest, I've always had a natural ability to putt. I've just always been decent, and practicing speed and hitting my line has been all I've focused on usually.

I've also never had a lesson for golf at all. So my full swing is my natural swing and I just practice things like alignment and tempo.

Congrats on the natural ability; i am sure a lot of us would like to have that kind of talent. Now that I understand my stroke, I focus on speed and line when I practice. The whole underlying goal about understanding your stroke is to assist in finding a putter to match your needs.

I try to be mostly shoulders with not a lot of thought, but I have to think about the right arm on the forward stroke and follow through. Sort of like a small push with the right arm. If I don't my lead/left arm takes over and causes trouble. I'm a lefty that plays righty and my left arm is too dominant in any stroke from putter through driver.

I don't overanalyze, but I've got my putting figured out. It's one of those things where what I have in my head is not the same as what is actually happening.

I determine line and speed, then use a shoulder rock like many others here, with the intent of drawing a line as straight as possible through the ball.

I know in reality it's not a straight line but a slight arc.

I consider myself a proficient putter, my faults are usually not paying enough attention.

My strength is knowing when to allow gravity to help the putt.

I'm a shoulder rocker, only way I get any distance consistency.

Shoulders but I use the claw grip which emphasizes the left arm.

I'm also a shoulder rocker. I just think "dead hands" to make sure I'm not manipulating the face with my hands. I point my right finger down the shaft, and when I feel a slight bit of pressure there on the downstroke I know I'm doing OK for my stroke.

I'm a shoulder rocker putter, learned from Canadan then reaffirmed at seemore

Back