Cobra King LTD Driver - THP Review

IMO: If cobra can make 4 drivers perhaps they can make two heads 9 / 10.5... like Callaway would be cool

IMO: If cobra can make 4 drivers perhaps they can make two heads 9 / 10.5... like Callaway would be cool
With their adapter, they don't need to. Lofts are covered with MyFly

It is. Bounced drive of 305 and carry of 284 GPSed so far. Oh, and pretty straight.

That's big. I need to try that combo!

Damn it, I want to try this club. Badly.

Damn it, I want to try this club. Badly.

It's a beast. I got to try a trade in with a black hzrdus and very nearly walked out with it. Word gets out and this club should fly off the shelves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So this club...

Just got back from the range and to say I want Spring to get here is an understatement.

I started with my BC+ with red tie at 9.5 degrees (what I normally play) and then dropped the Granddaddy edition handcrafted 6.5 in the BC+ set at 9.5 degrees with draw bias to help with the stiffer 6.5 shaft. I was pleasantly surprised to pipe the first few with the BC+ down the middle after quite a layoff. Dropped the handcrafted in an was tickled to see ball flight drop a little and still retain most of my accuracy.

The I got out the LTD.

While I have no data or proof that the LTD was going farther (I will have an sc100 to play with next week thanks to CJ) I feel very confident that it was. The ball was coming off the face so hot and the trajectory with both shafts was so nice. Hopefully this makes sense but the LTD was probably achieving the same peak height as the BC+ but at a later point. I'm not very smart but if a ball starts its decent from the same height while being further down range, that should mean more distance right? Aside from that, I couldn't miss with this thing. Maybe it was a fluke but the LTD seems more forgiving than the BC+.

Once I get the sc100 I will be able to find a leader in the clubhouse as far as shaft goes and then it will just be a matter of golf season getting here and me putting it to the test on course. Something I am very excited about. Those who know me know how much I love my BC+ and how it just works for me so hopefully you understand the magnitude of the LTD unseating (at least it seems for now) the BC+.

I will try to post a video from my phone so those who haven't heard the amazing sound of this driver can experience like the rest of us.

More to come!

So this club...

Just got back from the range and to say I want Spring to get here is an understatement.

I started with my BC+ with red tie at 9.5 degrees (what I normally play) and then dropped the Granddaddy edition handcrafted 6.5 in the BC+ set at 9.5 degrees with draw bias to help with the stiffer 6.5 shaft. I was pleasantly surprised to pipe the first few with the BC+ down the middle after quite a layoff. Dropped the handcrafted in an was tickled to see ball flight drop a little and still retain most of my accuracy.

The I got out the LTD.

While I have no data or proof that the LTD was going farther (I will have an sc100 to play with next week thanks to CJ) I feel very confident that it was. The ball was coming off the face so hot and the trajectory with both shafts was so nice. Hopefully this makes sense but the LTD was probably achieving the same peak height as the BC+ but at a later point. I'm not very smart but if a ball starts its decent from the same height while being further down range, that should mean more distance right? Aside from that, I couldn't miss with this thing. Maybe it was a fluke but the LTD seems more forgiving than the BC+.

Once I get the sc100 I will be able to find a leader in the clubhouse as far as shaft goes and then it will just be a matter of golf season getting here and me putting it to the test on course. Something I am very excited about. Those who know me know how much I love my BC+ and how it just works for me so hopefully you understand the magnitude of the LTD unseating (at least it seems for now) the BC+.

I will try to post a video from my phone so those who haven't heard the amazing sound of this driver can experience like the rest of us.

More to come!

Liking the sound of this.

I was excited to go hit this today but my club only has one demo and they let someone take it out for 9 holes. I talked to one of the teaching pros and the good news is they have 2 more demo heads coming in and about a twenty demo shafts including the HZRDUS black by the middle of the week. Price through the club is $382 so I'm guessing by next weekend I'll be putting my order in.

We all miss. It's all about the clubs that let us miss without punishing too hard.

So here's my miss.

bb36a0ddbd438313bf5bcadefa8058de.jpg

And the GPS said 265. Not confident whether i got roll or not, but I really don't care. Shot ended up with about 5-10 yards of draw and finished just,off the target line I had intended.

This.Club.Is.Special.

We all miss. It's all about the clubs that let us miss without punishing too hard.

So here's my miss.

bb36a0ddbd438313bf5bcadefa8058de.jpg

And the GPS said 265. Not confident whether i got roll or not, but I really don't care. Shot ended up with about 5-10 yards of draw and finished just,off the target line I had intended.

This.Club.Is.Special.

I honestly can't think of a better praise of a club. that shot should have been pretty terrible, and from what you've said it sounds pretty freaking good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I honestly can't think of a better praise of a club. that shot should have been pretty terrible, and from what you've said it sounds pretty freaking good!

I ended up playing the same 9 twice today and hit a bomb the first time around, nearly dead center and flew the ball 284. So this is a loss of 20 yards for me (however it may have been 25-30 in carry).

Considering I damn near missed the head (trying to kill it, oh well haha), I am beyond satisfied with that.

Dan you are a bad influence. The $600 price tag at golf town tells me I'll be waiting for it to go on sale before I even try it.

Dan you are a bad influence. The $600 price tag at golf town tells me I'll be waiting for it to go on sale before I even try it.

Man, it's hard not to gush about some of the great equipment hitting the market in 2016... And I really don't even have to say much about it with the numbers doing all the talking.

I ended up playing the same 9 twice today and hit a bomb the first time around, nearly dead center and flew the ball 284. So this is a loss of 20 yards for me (however it may have been 25-30 in carry).

Considering I damn near missed the head (trying to kill it, oh well haha), I am beyond satisfied with that.

Dan, I know I probably come across as a cobra homer but this club seriously delivers. I've noticed the same thing, my toe shots with the biocell usually result in a 235-240 yard shot. With the LTD the shortest I have seen is 245-250 on the same shot and it's much better dispersion. Pure awesomeness.

So it's the same price as everything else then.
These price increases make me sick.

So it's the same price as everything else then.
These price increases make me sick.

The price of technology. Golf Town in general makes me sick.

Was finally able to get a little time in the golf dome with the LTD. Started with an AD-DI. The few good strikes I had seemed like the ball rocketed off the face. However, it did so without a big crack - rather, a nice muted sound. Muy Bueno. Contact was relatively inconsistent on the club face. I took a few swings with my LS Tec or D200, and was back to consistent strikes. Switched back to LTD/AD-DI, and strikes were again, inconsistent. Length of the drivers was pretty much equal. As much as I love the feel, and performance on solid contact, with the AD-DI, maybe my swing characteristics are just better matched to something else (hello Fujikura Fuel - I see you waiting in the wings).

Because I was using a good portion of the face, I was definitely able to get an idea of sound and initial flight changes. Sound at contact was pretty nice, regardless of where contact occurred on the face, and was easy to tell where the contact point was. Even on my worst swings, the ball flight was not a "big" miss... No ugly worm burners, or sky rockets. Also, no ugly lefts/rights. They were certainly misses, buy not something that would have cost me a stroke (at least on most of the local courses I play).

There were some comments on potential low ball flight. I definitely didn't see this, at least with the AD-DI shaft. I stuck with the 10.5 loft setting, and (again, on good strikes) saw mid-high launch, which is what I really prefer. So, stock Rogue Black will be up next.

Rambler,

I really liked the stock Rogue. It had a nice smooth feel and easy launch like my red tie but seemed to give me a little lower flight. I'm not smart enough to know how much was the shaft and how much was the clubhead but I really like the stock shaft.

Interested in your thoughts when you hit it.

Going to tinker with a Miya White 72X in this one playing at 44" this week. Why not?

Also have a PX LZ70 HC that I forgot about which is uncut. Will get some time with some SpeedRulz eventually too.

Forgot how much I enjoy this stuff, and its being done with this head because there is ZERO chance I am effing with my fit for me #TheGrandaddy driver when it comes to shafts. That baby is #SetInStone

I've got a HZRDUS Yellow all set up to give this beauty a go again this weekend. Really excited to see what that pairing can do.
I would really like to try that combo.....

I would really like to try that combo.....

I'm anxiously waiting for the HZRDUS demo shafts to arrive at my club, hopefully this week. I'm thinking a LTD HZRDUS Black in a 6.0 or 6.5 will be in my bag very soon.....

Back