Sharkguy95

Dreamer
Reaction score
Handicap
+0.2
What's your favorite grass to play on? I realize it might be difficult to answer if you haven't traveled much and had time to experience different types, but from your experience what grass makes you the most comfortable? Consider tee boxes, awkward lies, chipping, greens.. etc

I've spent most of my golf days in the north, so I have a lot of experience with bent grass. I have, however, played on rye, zoysia, bermuda and fescue.

My favorite would have to be bentgrass because of how tightly it can be mowed. Being able to tee a golf ball very low is very useful, and not having to have 4 1/4" tees to hit a driver is a plus. You also can't beat a well maintained bentgrass green, because you know the ball is going to roll where you tell it to.

A close second is fescue. If you have never played a course with only fescue grass, I encourage you to find a course and try it. The turf interaction is butter!

Bermuda

Bent- by far.

Bermuda is o.k - but I hate the rough, and not a huge fan of the greens.

Least favorite was rye.

I'd say zoysia for my favorite, but bermuda is up there too.

I prefer well manicured bent grass from tee to green with bluegrass rough.

I'll take zoysia fairways all day. I am also a fan of Bermuda greens

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bent is what I like the best because it's what I'm most used to although well maintained Bermuda greens are easier to read and can putt very nice as well. Both types putt much truer than the Bent/Poa mixture found here in much of California.

Fescue and zoysia.

Whatever we have in the Midwest/Ohio.

Zoysia. Ball sits up on it almost like it's on a tee.

bent. I hate poa.

Had a different thought after I read the title, but Bermuda.

Zoysia fairways and bent grass greens

This is a hybrid. This is a cross, ah, of Bluegrass, Kentucky Bluegrass, Featherbed Bent, and Northern California Sensemilia

Fescue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any grass that is green and cut lol seriously I'm not picky

Zoysia all day the coolest grass I've played on. The way the ball sits up like its on a tee is awesome. Though controlling the spin can be an issue.

I think I really like Bermuda. Especially to putt on but out of the rough is a different question

This is a hybrid. This is a cross, ah, of Bluegrass, Kentucky Bluegrass, Featherbed Bent, and Northern California Sensemilia

Beat me to it!!!

Zoysia for sure, bent is second

I believe most courses here in Vegas have bent grass...so that's my pick.

creeping bentgrass

Umm,...any grass that is easy to roll and does not have a lot of seeds mixed with it,...umm,.... maybe this is the wrong forum for this post,....umm,...not really sure.....

Back