2016 Cure Putters Review Thread

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
THP TV caught up with Cure Putters to discuss the changes made to the RX line for 2016 including listening to consumer feedback.

Definitely a good improvement with this new line. Love the fact they listened to consumers and made appropriate changes to their sound and looks based on it. The roll it puts on the ball is really really good too.

milled and better edges. May make more look at them. I'm not a fan of the looks tho. Wzyzyguy putts well with his. Sort of an aluminum sound tho. Sounds like they improved the sound of it tho.

I can't watch the video from work, but I have to say, they actually got my attention with the new line. As petty as it is, I couldn't get past the looks of the originals. These though, I will have one, mark it down.

• Admin
I can't watch the video from work, but I have to say, they actually got my attention with the new line. As petty as it is, I couldn't get past the looks of the originals. These though, I will have one, mark it down.

They really have a look for just about anybody now. The sound is a complete 180 in my opinion and I think we are beginning to see more and more companies follow their trend (see SeeMore, TaylorMade, etc)

I believe I said this in the other Cure thread. i went into the booth looking primarily to see the new CX Line as I thought they would appeal tome more. And while I did like the looks a ton. I came away just so impressed with the RX5 and RX6 despite "the looks" it proved the thought and technology behind it really works.

rolling some before and after this video was shot, was super impressed by the newer lines. The RX3 & 5 may have been my favorites. The sound was 100% improved, which is a good thing. Still enough though to tell if you missed on the face.

Liking the changes I've seen from the new models. Have to say that I'm curious to try them to hear the sound, hoping for a more solid sound. I did not care for the sound of the Rx3f, but I lived with it. Putter worked great, that was what counted.

I love where Cure has headed with the 2016 line, great improvements and even more options for people, I bet they'll have even more people interested this year, especially once they give one for a roll, can't wait for the details on the 2016 Cure event, hopefully I can get an up close and personal look on some of these in 2016!

I lie the new line and the design change should make it easier to draw in consumers

Liking the changes I've seen from the new models. Have to say that I'm curious to try them to hear the sound, hoping for a more solid sound. I did not care for the sound of the Rx3f, but I lived with it. Putter worked great, that was what counted.

Its night and day brother.

Do you think, through strategic weight placement, that you could mimic a 'toe up' putter with the new models, as well as the face balanced approach that they currently have?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Do you think, through strategic weight placement, that you could mimic a 'toe up' putter with the new models, as well as the face balanced approach that they currently have?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Interesting and I guess my answer would be "maybe".

This is exciting to see. I'm glad they're making a more "traditional" head shape. And the improved sound is awesome.

This is awesome to hear and see. I have been getting along well with my RX2 and have a hard time even taking it out of the bag. Confidence has improved drastically. After several rounds I forgot about the sound. I would be lying if I said I wasn't looking forward to trying the new installment.

This is awesome to hear and see. I have been getting along well with my RX2 and have a hard time even taking it out of the bag. Confidence has improved drastically. After several rounds I forgot about the sound. I would be lying if I said I wasn't looking forward to trying the new installment.

This is my thought too Matt. I really enjoy the RX2 and the sound does not bother me. But man when you roll a few with the new line its night and day different with the same properties I liked about the RX2.

Man, I'm excited to try this new line as I did enjoy my time with a few of the original versions. I HAVE to think that the feedback here on THP went a long ways in the redesign.

Improvements to sound? Check
Softer lines? Check
Better look? Check
New milled face? Hell yes

Side note: where can I get that green cure hat?

This is my thought too Matt. I really enjoy the RX2 and the sound does not bother me. But man when you roll a few with the new line its night and day different with the same properties I liked about the RX2.

Definitely hoping to have the opportunity to roll these.

Have another experiment with a CX1 here in the next few weeks.

I have preferences for certain sound characteristics in all golf products, but it is very low on my purchase decision checklist. If a product outperforms others that is what's important to me. Like may here that aluminum "tink" sound was not pleasing. However I noticed a sound improvement when I replaced the original Cure grip with a 15" rubber CB grip. The pitch frequency was lowered producing a softer desirable sound. YMMV.

It's good to see that they have made some design and sound improvement in the 2016 lineups which should attract more people to their wonderful putters.

Last edited:
Back