2016 Weight Loss and Nutrition Thread

Yes, post-workout blizzards are an excellent way to drop some lbs.
And i asaume the eggs over easy i had for breakfast would go real well with ice cream and M&Ms at 1030am?

And i asaume the eggs over easy i had for breakfast would go real well with ice cream and M&Ms at 1030am?
Yep, you're hitting all the food groups now.

Only lost 1 pound this week, under the average I've been hitting and under what I need to hit for my goal, but chalking it up to adding weights to my routine this week. Hopefully building some muscle!

I think I found a great recipe ... but do my eyes deceive me ... are we talking about 3 WW points?

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/03/shrimp-creole.html

Servings: 4 • Serving Size: 1/4th • Points +: 5 pts • Smart Points: 3
Calories: 211.9 • Fat: 4.6 g Carb: 17.6 g
Fiber: 4.2 g • Sugar: 7.8 g Protein: 25.8 g

Still trying to navigate the WW system ... what am I missing?

I liked this ... lots of options ... I still can't believe the smart points ...

[/IMG][/URL]

Side dishes have always been an issue for me because I dont love a lot of veggies. For those that like mushrooms, here is a fantastic side dish. It makes 2 servings (sides) and each one is 1 point (according to Food.com) and 2 points (according to some other site).

Creamed Mushrooms
1 cup mushrooms, chopped
2 tbsp light sour cream
1⁄4 cup water
2 (3/4 ounces each) wedges of Laughing Cow cheese

It sounds weird, and laughing cow cheese? Really? But its fantastic.

Just had chia seed pudding again and it's really really good! I am trying a different recipe tonight for tomorrow (since it's sits over night) and I can't wait to try it. It's stupid easy to make and tastes so good! Such a great dessert alternative.

I've been adding chia seeds to a lot of stuff lately - I don't mind the crunchiness - but the pudding recipes is really good. I just use vanilla almond milk alone with the seeds. I've been mixing it in with my morning steel cut oats too.

I give myself the weekend to relax and eat whatever I want within reason. I draw the line at deep fried butter. :)
Thanks fellas, not ready to test those waters yet, but was curious

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

A slice of meat-lovers pizza at 3pm and you'll have gotten your veggies for the day.

I just made AWESOME protein pancakes! They are a bit high in points, but for a weekend splurge I thought they were totally worth the points. You will see below, I added a mashed up banana for sweetness and by doing so I didn't think these needed any syrup, they were great on their own.

I made a few adjustments to the recipe, beginning with removing the AP flour and using a combo of vanilla protein powder and whole wheat flour to get to 1/2 cup. You can see all the changes I made in () as well as a note on a mistake I made so you can avoid it.

Total of 8 pts.

Here is the recipe and in ( ) are my changes:

[FONT=proxima_nova]GREEK YOGURT PANCAKES

[/FONT]
Greek-Yogurt-Pancakes-1-200x150.jpg

INGREDIENTS:

[FONT=proxima_nova]
  • One 5.3-ounce container nonfat Greek Yogurt (any flavor- I used blueberry) - 2pts
  • 1 large egg (or 2 large egg whites) - (I used 1 large egg) - 2pts
  • 1/2 cup All-Purpose Flour (I used 1 scoop vanilla protein powder + approx. 1/4 cup whole wheat flour, you just need enough flour plus powder to get to 1/2 cup) - 4pts
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda - 0 pts
  • 1/2 cup fresh blueberries or 1/2 large banana (I smashed up 1 whole very ripe banana and used it as my sweetener in the batter and omitted the berries) - 0pts
[/FONT]

DIRECTIONS:

[FONT=proxima_nova]
  1. Mix yogurt and egg in a medium bowl until blended and smooth. Smash up banana and add to yogurt and egg mixture. Add flour, protein powder and baking soda and stir until the dry ingredients are mixed in. The batter will be thick. *I made the mistake of adding unsweetened almond milk because the batter seemed too thick, and that ended up making the pancakes too thin, so I had to add more whole wheat flour, so don't be scared when the batter is super thick, it needs to be)*
  2. Preheat a griddle or large pan to medium heat. Spray with nonstick spray. Use an ice cream scoop or 1/4 to 1/3 cup measuring cup to scoop the batter into the pan (I used an ice cream scoop and it worked perfectly). Spread each of the batter scoops into an even circle (I skipped this and they were still perfect). Dot blueberries or bananas on top of each pancake (as mentioned I omitted the berries because I mashed the banana into the batter). Cook for about 3 minutes or until golden brown, then flip and cook the other side for about 2 minutes, until it is golden brown too. Repeat with the remaining batter. Serve with additional fruit and/or syrup (I found the sweet enough because of the banana that it didn't even need syrup).
  3. TIPS: For blueberry pancakes, use blueberry Greek yogurt and fresh blueberries. For banana pancakes, use vanilla or vanilla-honey yogurt and fresh banana.
[/FONT]

I just made AWESOME protein pancakes! They are a bit high in points, but for a weekend splurge I thought they were totally worth the points. You will see below, I added a mashed up banana for sweetness and by doing so I didn't think these needed any syrup, they were great on their own.

I made a few adjustments to the recipe, beginning with removing the AP flour and using a combo of vanilla protein powder and whole wheat flour to get to 1/2 cup. You can see all the changes I made in () as well as a note on a mistake I made so you can avoid it.

Total of 8 pts.

Here is the recipe and in ( ) are my changes:

[FONT=proxima_nova]GREEK YOGURT PANCAKES

[/FONT]
Greek-Yogurt-Pancakes-1-200x150.jpg

INGREDIENTS:

[FONT=proxima_nova]
  • One 5.3-ounce container nonfat Greek Yogurt (any flavor- I used blueberry) - 2pts
  • 1 large egg (or 2 large egg whites) - (I used 1 large egg) - 2pts
  • 1/2 cup All-Purpose Flour (I used 1 scoop vanilla protein powder + approx. 1/4 cup whole wheat flour, you just need enough flour plus powder to get to 1/2 cup) - 4pts
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda - 0 pts
  • 1/2 cup fresh blueberries or 1/2 large banana (I smashed up 1 whole very ripe banana and used it as my sweetener in the batter and omitted the berries) - 0pts
[/FONT]

DIRECTIONS:

[FONT=proxima_nova]
  1. Mix yogurt and egg in a medium bowl until blended and smooth. Smash up banana and add to yogurt and egg mixture. Add flour, protein powder and baking soda and stir until the dry ingredients are mixed in. The batter will be thick. *I made the mistake of adding unsweetened almond milk because the batter seemed too thick, and that ended up making the pancakes too thin, so I had to add more whole wheat flour, so don't be scared when the batter is super thick, it needs to be)*
  2. Preheat a griddle or large pan to medium heat. Spray with nonstick spray. Use an ice cream scoop or 1/4 to 1/3 cup measuring cup to scoop the batter into the pan (I used an ice cream scoop and it worked perfectly). Spread each of the batter scoops into an even circle (I skipped this and they were still perfect). Dot blueberries or bananas on top of each pancake (as mentioned I omitted the berries because I mashed the banana into the batter). Cook for about 3 minutes or until golden brown, then flip and cook the other side for about 2 minutes, until it is golden brown too. Repeat with the remaining batter. Serve with additional fruit and/or syrup (I found the sweet enough because of the banana that it didn't even need syrup).
  3. TIPS: For blueberry pancakes, use blueberry Greek yogurt and fresh blueberries. For banana pancakes, use vanilla or vanilla-honey yogurt and fresh banana.
[/FONT]
Whoa those look fkn delicious!! Ive wanted to do protein pancakes for awhile now and I think this will be my go to. Thanks GG!

Nice! I just made a protein shake with banana, vanilla protein powder, and kefir rather than milk, and while it was tasty, those pancakes look tons better.

I give myself the weekend to relax and eat whatever I want within reason. I draw the line at deep fried butter. :)

Pretty much my mindset most of the year. But, I do have a couple of stretches during the year that I try and keep it to one cheat meal a week. At this point I really do not like the feeling you get after eating the wrong things. Basically a food hangover.

I thought they were amazing, no syrup necessary and nice and fluffy.
They look great. I just restocked my protein powder as well so perfect timing haha.

Finally took the plunge and bought Bolthouse Farms salad dressing .... WHY OH WHY did it take me so long to jump on that bandwagon? Deeeeeelicious, and only 1 WW SP per tbsp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ate a lot of really bad stuff today. Back to business tomorrow.

At 188 lbs. Crossed that 190 mark hard this week! Down 30 lbs since end of June and 34 lbs since mid March.

Down to 199.0 from 199.6, so only a fraction, but given what I ate yesterday, I'm betting the scale drops some more tomorrow.

I'm only down a fraction too. Middle of the week I saw a good numbers. Not sure what happened over the weekend. Disappointing but not defeating.

Back