The Official THP Biggest Loser Contest-Part V

Stepped on the scale this am and was up 2.5 which is frustrating. Nutrition has been pretty good this week. Think part of it is gaining some weight back from having the stomach bug. Hoping to get back into working out this weekend!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

and back to being down for the week, all is well.

Keep grinding everyone

and back to being down for the week, all is well.

Keep grinding everyone

After last week the grind is real. Fluctuations drove me crazy. So I'm not looking till Monday morning.

After last week the grind is real. Fluctuations drove me crazy. So I'm not looking till Monday morning.

WIsh I could do that, I get paranoid during these diets lol

I read somewhere that a study found that people who checked their weight daily lost more over time. Not sure why - I think there is merit to doing it both ways (weekly vs daily). Me, this time around I'm checking daily - just because the scale is there.

I read somewhere that a study found that people who checked their weight daily lost more over time. Not sure why - I think there is merit to doing it both ways (weekly vs daily). Me, this time around I'm checking daily - just because the scale is there.

I'm the same way and check everyday, I walk by the scale all the time and just step on it. I feel like it holds me accountable everyday. It seems like everytime I start putting on weight is when I stop checking my weight as often.

Ive been checking daily, sometimes twice a day. Im doing this to monitor how my body reacts to different routines. Nothing might come out of it but 1.5lb weight fluctuations happen.

I stopped using the term "diet" as for me it's really a lifestyle change. You can diet, lose the weight, then over time gain back MORE than you lost. I figured that if I stay on the course of not eating foods with "sugar" then I'm one step ahead.

Regarding the scale...I hop on it maybe once during the week, no more than 2 times in the week before the official Monday weigh in.

Just re read the first page of this, I have to apologize to my team. I thought it was send in a photo in the beginning and then at the end, I completely had a brain fart and didnt read that it was every monday to send a photo. I am sorry but I can say I am down 4 lbs already so this monday should be a good one.

Two more workouts in the books. These are 15-20 minute, all-out burn sessions. I'm going into week three and they're starting to get ...not exactly easier, but I don't have to rest as often, so that's something.

Someone started a tuna sandwich thread earlier & another THPer suggested using avocado. I like tuna salad but it always bothered me to use mayo. Now I'm using 2 small cans of tuna mixed with 1 avocado & a little mustard. Much healthier and I actually like the taste better. Instead of using regular brad, I'm putting it on green pepper slices and just one slice of Ezekiel 4:9 bread (80 calories & high in protein - made from sprouted grains, low glycemic index. It's very expensive but I only use it 1 slice at a time & really like it).

Losing this week but not much. Going to the gym in 15 minutes. Back and arm day with burpees and side step ups mixed in.

I feel like I ate well the week, but didn't have much physical activity (until this am) and have had low energy the past 2 days. Hope to snap out of it this weekend and going skiing on Monday should add to the activity levels.

Check twice daily ... first thing in the am and then in the evening ... I have goal weights on both ... it holds me more accountable. It definitely makes me work harder on daily basis. Otherwise I would think, oh I will set this tonight, and work it off by end of week ...

Scale reads 195 today. Which happens to be my son's weight too. Only he's 6'5" and a good athlete (doesn't get it from me) and I'm 5'9". Hopefully this will be the last time I'm heavier than him.

Getting close to -20 lbs down since the contest started. I expect that weight to take a hit after my wife & I go to a wine tasting party today. I'm still pumped about breaking the 200 barrier!

Scale reads 195 today. Which happens to be my son's weight too. Only he's 6'5" and a good athlete (doesn't get it from me) and I'm 5'9". Hopefully this will be the last time I'm heavier than him.

Getting close to -20 lbs down since the contest started. I expect that weight to take a hit after my wife & I go to a wine tasting party today. I'm still pumped about breaking the 200 barrier!

Great job.

Keep it up everyone! Next weigh in is near

Bad week for me. Hoping the scale turns out in my favor.

I gotta stay away from the scale on a daily basis. The fluctuation annoys me.

Everybody crank the workouts today and eat clean. Can still make up for a bad week.

The struggle is very real in the V house today, we are discussing what our favorite toppings are on cheeseburgers.

And I had dreams of ice cream and chocolate covered strawberries.

Had an awesome gym sesh this morning and shows me down to 191... Of course i have to get through today.

The struggle is very real in the V house today, we are discussing what our favorite toppings are on cheeseburgers.

And I had dreams of ice cream and chocolate covered strawberries.

No missing items from the bedside when you woke up?:alien: Then it's all good!
I always thought eating smart/exercising was extra tough with little kids around. Keep on keeping on!

Another metabolic workout done this morning. 15 minutes of pain. It's amazing how out of breath I can get while not running or jumping. This reminds me most of the martial arts workouts I did in college. If I get the same results I'll be a happy man!

After a night of wine & beer drinking (it wasn't a lot, but I ate too much artichoke dip & cheese cubes) and pizza, I'm happy to see the scale holding at 198. Hopefully I won't cave too much & binge while watching the Walking Dead tonight!

45 minutes shoveling snow
45 minutes workout.
No messing around
Lets go Slobs...need a loss from everyone

Back