One thing that was a pain was it falling off. Solved that by buying some wrist lanyards. I wrap the thin loop around the hinge and the wrist loop is around my belt.

One thing that was a pain was it falling off. Solved that by buying some wrist lanyards. I wrap the thin loop around the hinge and the wrist loop is around my belt.

I have never had a problem with it popping off... The only issue I have had is the rubber plug that covers the usb came off... I have about 45 rounds on it and love it.. Hopefully they update the stat features.. I love numbers so the more the better

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This seems to be a great gadget for the serious golfer - someone in the single-handicap range trying to find out what he needs to do to shave a few more strokes. Unfortunately, I'm not anywhere there, and I'm not a serious golfer - passionate maybe, but not that serious. Whether my handicap goes up or down a few is no big deal. Also, I have enough problems with the inventory overload in golf - we have so much paraphernalia, I can barely keep up. My rangefinder was a major adjustment in one more item to lug around, I'm trying to simplify, not add more stuff.

The Gamegolf website says "automatic shot tracking and shot detection".

Do you no longer have to tap your club to the device? If you do, then this is nowhere near automatic and doesnt detect anything.

Thanks

The Gamegolf website says "automatic shot tracking and shot detection".

Do you no longer have to tap your club to the device? If you do, then this is nowhere near automatic and doesnt detect anything.

Thanks
It does detect that you took a shot, which is more accurate if you have your tracker on your belt. But it doesn't detect what club you used unless you tagged it. This way when you're signing for your round you can fill in what club you used.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

I am in ponder on this. I have a question for some of the owners. I saw the tags and was confused, I play 2 hybrids and there is only one H tag. What other tag do I use for my other hybrid. I can get a unit for real short money and I,m interested.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

I am in ponder on this. I have a question for some of the owners. I saw the tags and was confused, I play 2 hybrids and there is only one H tag. What other tag do I use for my other hybrid. I can get a unit for real short money and I,m interested.

There's extra tags that you can use. You just assign the tags to certain clubs. I run two hybrids, so I assign my hybrid tag to the 3 hybrid and the 4 iron to the four hybrid slot.

Since there's no 4 wood tag, I use the "triangle" tag instead.

Thx paladin thats what I thought but wasnt sure. Glad its that easy

I am in hard ponder mode on this

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

It does detect that you took a shot, which is more accurate if you have your tracker on your belt. But it doesn't detect what club you used unless you tagged it. This way when you're signing for your round you can fill in what club you used.

This sounds much better. I wouldn't mind filling in the clubs I used after the round. I just don't think I would remember to tag. Have you used it in this capacity? How accurate is it detecting shots? I wonder why it can't detect which club was used.

Also, will the cell phone version work similarly?

This sounds much better. I wouldn't mind filling in the clubs I used after the round. I just don't think I would remember to tag. Have you used it in this capacity? How accurate is it detecting shots? I wonder why it can't detect which club was used.

Also, will the cell phone version work similarly?

I have the belt unit. That's what detects when you make a movement. So, it's the unit and not the tag that detects movement. It's pretty good at detecting if you miss a tag, but it won't get every miss. IMO it would be a pain in the rear to go in post round and add in the clubs/shots.

I don't mind filling in the occasional missed shot, but I won't remember every shot. I really do think just adding the tag to your routine is the best way, and it quickly becomes habit. I've used the phone app on days I forgot my tagger, but it's time consuming and not nearly as intuitive as the tag system

Do you tap for putts as well? What do you do to identify pin position to review proximity to the hole on approach shots?

Do you tap for putts as well? What do you do to identify pin position to review proximity to the hole on approach shots?

There is a request in with GG to tap for where the hole location is. That would improve a lot of stats if they did it. Who knows if they will.

I just joined the Game Golf Family!

Golf Galaxy is price matching Amazon's price of $119 for the classic version. Can't go wrong at that price.

Do we have a post in this thread with other Game Golf members that I can add to my group?

Game Golf has updated their "Insights" page today with some new features! I'm really happy with the changes that were made. I'm also happy to see that they are still working on new things, as I haven't seen any major improvements in the 5 months that I've been using Game Golf.

Cliff notes:

*New coaching dashboard (allows coaches to see a student's statistics)
*New overview page
- Strokes Graph

- Approach the Green Graph

- Off the Tee Graph

- Stats Graph

*You can now select date ranges when comparing statistics

Nice thanks for posting. I'm happy to see them improving an already great product.

Kind of random, do you guys know how accurate the GG handicap statistic is? I've never gotten an official handicap to compare, so I'm wondering if it is correct.

Kind of random, do you guys know how accurate the GG handicap statistic is? I've never gotten an official handicap to compare, so I'm wondering if it is correct.
Last year I calculated my cap based on usga standards. Game golf was usually within a stroke (usually lower than USGA).

Old question.

But another way to get better putting stats is to mark a putt at the pin then edit post round (i.e. Move the pin to that mark on the green then delete the stroke).

Old question.

But another way to get better putting stats is to mark a putt at the pin then edit post round (i.e. Move the pin to that mark on the green then delete the stroke).

That is a good idea. I'm going to have to give it a try.
Thanks

Back