What is your most fun shot?

A long approach shot woth a 5 or 6 iron that flies high and lands soft on the green.

Bombing a drive over a hazard or just absolutely hitting it right where you were aiming with the big stick gets my juices flowing. If the conditions are ideal, I enjoy greenside bunker shots as well.

Any iron shot that is not a full swing and you judge the distant perfectly and put one in tight. I don't see it much but I like it when I do!
+1 Distance control with irons tells me i'm dialed in that day.

This is probably because I have had way too much experience doing it but hitting out from behind trees and having to hit a certain shape or through a small gap is always fun for me. Not a great position to be in but I like the challenge.

If we're talking purely fun? for me for some odd reason it's the shot after I hit a poor driver into the rough surrounded by trees (happens more than I care to admit), hitting a 5i, or a 3w or 5w knowing I have to keep it low, but only go 140ish yards or so, and punching out with it, I try that shot more often than just being safe and hitting it into the fairway. Something about just knowing the shot shouldn't work and being relaxed, I always seem to hit it well.

Bombing a drive over a hazard or just absolutely hitting it right where you were aiming with the big stick gets my juices flowing. If the conditions are ideal, I enjoy greenside bunker shots as well.
That driver on 9 at Dubsdread.

i think i understand the question to be something you enjoy stepping up to hit, not necessarily what is the most satisfying AFTER you've pulled it off. so if i understand it correctly, right now it's those rare times when i have to swing aggressively at driver to get it up over something and/or hit a very particular target but i just know i can do it. it's a weird thing, sometimes there are wide open shots that give me fits and i never feel comfortable, and then other times like yesterday there are shots that are very difficult, very demanding with no almost no margin for error and i just know it's going to be a great shot.

a close second would be a flop from the perfect lie. not too tight, not too gnarly/fluffy, almost a flier type lie.

Flop shot for me, either from or over a green side bunker. Not always successful but I do occasionally pull them off.

Hitting a 3w on the screws off the deck going for the green in 2. I think that ball flight is so majestic.

Those awkward shots in and around trees/obstacles where I have to shape and carefully control the height and distance. I love those challenges. I am not very good at those, but the required thinking, visualization, and swing adjustments can be a lot of fun to work through.

I like hitting the tee shot on an aggressive line. Whether it's trying to cut a corner or fly over a longer than usual carry, it's fun to see if I can pull the shot off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hitting a choke-down hybrid, iron, or wedge. So fun to flight it lower while also testing yourself to see if your distances are on.

Also, I love hitting massive sweep hooks (to get around trees or other trouble). Contrast that with needing a massive slice, a shot I hate because I typically hit it dead straight into the trees, water, 3rd fairway over, etc.

Full to 3/4 wedge shots are fun.
Playing in scramble and having to manufacture a crazy shot is fun. (Story) We were in jail behind a tree on a par 5 on the right side of the fairway. I had the other three punch out/down the fairway as far as the could. Then I took my 3 wood and hit the BIGGEST low slice I could. Needless to say, I pulled it off perfectly, just like I saw it in my mind. That was fun.

BUT....Smashing a perfect drive 300+ yards down a small fairway is MORE fun.

Most fun is either a greenside bunker shot or an elevated tee shot

Fairway with a slight turn to the right so that I can play my natural cut and just bomb it with driver. Those shots are green light for me.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

The 140-150 yard bunker shot. I just seem to hit those very well. It's definitely not a shot that I ever practice. I guess it's a sign that maybe I have to hit them too many times?

Punch 5 iron from the trees and even better if I can hook or cut it close to the green. Every range session I'll work on this and it's a fun shot for me.

I love shots a 100 yards and in ...

Lob shots. When executed well, they are impressive.

Right now I'd say any approach from 150-220 that gets on the green, looks so nice in the air.

In enjoy playing punch shots. It turns out to be fun to watch as I either pull it off or duck for cover.

Hop and stop around the green.

punch shots from out of trouble, problem is I am pretty good at them because I have to hit them often haha

Any shot that I have a chance to make a GIR or save par, I know, it's a wide spectrum of shot. I just love having an iron or wedge in hand, it's my favorite part of the game and what I practice the most and therefore the strongest part of my game because of it. There's just nothing that feels better to me than a pured iron.

Back