2016 Grandaddy Of Em All - We Want You

You and a ton of other people. I'll trip you in the race to get in if I have to :angel:

You're short, I'll just walk over you ☕

A freaking Men dude. I want back sooooo damn bad. Call it selfish or whatever but i will be doing everything in my power to go back there

I think one would be insane not to try and make it again.

If there is ever a time to be a selfish stingy bastard....this is it.

I would agree. Some would say "youve had your shot and you got in so let others have their chance" and i would say to that "why not want another piece of heaven?"

If there is ever a time to be a selfish stingy bastard....this is it.

Agreed. If it upsets people, so be it. Those who become part of this fraternity will understand what we mean instantly though.

You and a ton of other people. I'll trip you in the race to get in if I have to :angel:

And I will trip you:rockon:

While I completely understand the desire/need/want of those who have been blessed with a chance in the Grandaddy to want to be in there a second or third time, I thinks it's best for the moral of all of THP to have members who have never experienced it to get a chance. The last thing we need here is the appearance of a "Good Old Boys" club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While I completely understand the desire/need/want of those who have been blessed with a chance in the Grandaddy to want to be in there a second or third time, I thinks it's best for the moral of all of THP to have members who have never experienced it to get a chance. The last thing we need here is the appearance of a "Good Old Boys" club.

If you make it, and you go, I 1,000,000% promise you that your tune would change completely.

This is the crown damn jewel, EVERYONE should want in, always.

Former Grandaddy participants out for blood! Makes me excited to see what's in store for entries.
Can't wait to see what the contests entail!

I think there's a simple solution here... Fresh faces with awesome submissions. Fair game for all is always the best way to go.

If you make it, and you go, I 1,000,000% promise you that your tune would change completely.

I can see both sides of it. But the side I want to be on is THPs and Standing next the Canadan holding that belt over our heads

Former Grandaddy participants out for blood! Makes me excited to see what's in store for entries.

I'll be trying to return.
I know it's selfish. It's an extreme long shot....
But this event means the world to me!

And a team could use all the strokes I'd be getting!

Going to be getting my creativity on for this one. Working night and day to come up with some amazing contest entries!

I can see both sides of it. But the side I want to be on is THPs and Standing next the Canadan holding that belt over our heads

Love it. But remember, there is so much more to the entire thing than that belt. Everyone should want to win, but I promise, when you get there, the whole picture changes for you.

Love it. But remember, there is so much more to the entire thing than that belt. Everyone should want to win, but I promise, when you get there, the whole picture changes for you.
Couldnt agree more Jman. I will get my first taste of the #Zoocrew in May at the Gauntlet and I think this will open my eyes to the picture you have seen and experienced.

As someone who was fortunate to be selected twice I agree. I tried both times to represent THP to the best of my ability, and absolutely never once took any of it for granted. It is about so much more than the belt, the clubs, the swag, it is a lifelong brotherhood.. It is meeting amazing people from the industry who love talking and playing golf as much as we do. It is about representing two of the finest companies in golf, it is the Effing Grandaddy, and if you don't want it, then check your pulse.

I'll be trying to return.
I know it's selfish. It's an extreme long shot....
But this event means the world to me!

And a team could use all the strokes I'd be getting!

I'd love the term 'selfish' getting removed from this thread. It's the experience of a lifetime and everyone who wants to participate should try, whether you're a former Grandaddy'er, former multiple time Morgan Cupper, or someone enjoying one of the many awesome THP events this year.

I need to see if Jeff Gillooly is still for hire.

Team THP - 2016 Grandaddy Of Em All - We Want You

Team THP - 2016 Grandaddy Of Em All - We Want You

I was fortunate enough to be selected for the 2015 #TheKing and I've been to the ECPC on my own personally accord. I have a pretty good idea how awesome being selected for the Grandaddy would be. With that said, I would want others to experience what I was lucky enough to experience (meeting JB and Morgan, making friends with fellow THPers/ZooCrew, and golf with everyone). So NO, I would not throw my name in for next year's event.

Statistically, if the contests are indeed random the chances of one getting selected again SHOULD be slim at best. If the same guys get SELECTED then IMO there is problem (real or perceived doesn't matter). Why would other THPers keep trying if they "think" people have been preselected?

IMO, there should be a "cooling off" period for those selected for any THP event and definitely the Grandaddy. Who knows 2 years?

Last edited:
I was fortunate enough to be selected for the 2015 #TheKing and I've been to the ECPC on my own personally accord. I have a pretty good idea how awesome being selected for the Grandaddy would be. With that said, I would want others to experience what I was lucky enough to experience (meeting JB and Morgan, making friends with fellow THPers/ZooCrew, and golf with everyone). So NO, I would not throw my name in for next year's event.

Statistically, if the contests are indeed random the chances of one getting selected again SHOULD be slim at best. If the same guys get SELECTED then IMO there is problem or (real or perceived doesn't matter). Why would other THPers keep trying if they "think" people have been preselected?

IMO, there should be a "cooling off" period for those selected for any THP event and definitely the Grandaddy. Who knows 2 years?

To the bold, TRUST ME, you don't.

On your statistics and worrying about the "old boys club", guess how many have been back? ONE. So that whole point is moot.

Back on the event, I cannot wait to see it shape out, and you can bet your ass I'm trying for it again.

Statistically, if the contests are indeed random the chances of one getting selected again SHOULD be slim at best. If the same guys get SELECTED then IMO there is problem or (real or perceived doesn't matter). Why would other THPers keep trying if they "think" people have been preselected?

I completely disagree, but I understand where you were coming from. It was an internal struggle for me when I was selected again, but after going a second time I don't feel bad about it. I brought the coverage, I did my best to make others feel like they were a part of it.. because everyone from THP shares in the Grandaddy. It isn't just about the ones there, it is about the entire forum. I don't think I will ever get to experience the Hideaway again, but you bet your bottom dollar I will still try. Every single person from this forum has the same chance to attend, bring it on your entries, and let the chips fall where they may.

To the bold, TRUST ME, you don't.

On your statistics and worrying about the "old boys club", guess how many have been back? ONE. So that whole point is moot.

Back on the event, I cannot wait to see it shape out, and you can bet your ass I'm trying for it again.

I thought I had an idea. Done lots of cool stuff, been to Callaway HQ multiple occasions. Heck sat in meetings discussion the event, and yet it still blew my mind. You think you know, but you have no idea.

Here is a snippet from what I just posted in the recap thread:

For a long time I was in the camp that I would have a hard time talking myself into going if I was ever lucky enough to have my name called again.

But the more I look at my desktop background, the more I see my Grandaddy bag hanging off the back of a golf cart, the more I look at the 18 x 30 canvas print of me splitting the fairway on the Dye 18th tee box that hangs on my wall over my desk, the more these threads are bumped and the more I think back to the experience…I now think it would be even harder to say no.

Back