THP Regional Rivalry - Ohio vs Michigan - Sponsored By True Temper

Lots of good responses here to this question.

Welcome to this thread. Its a multi step program
Captain asks best dog breed
Responses include score they shot and favorite cat
Anger ensues
Then sports talk
Followed by love of friends and its fun
Followed by you dont know me
Followed by Butt Hurt Cannon
Followed by Captain asking a new question

It would be funny if the captains asked a question outside of this thread. I have a feeling if they needed to narrow down selections, that way would be quite easy. :D

THP Regional Rivalry - Ohio vs Michigan - Sponsored By True Temper

Seems like people are afraid to pick those from each state.

Canadan- why you ask...the guy is butter. Someone who is going to work and work and work to be the best he can be.

PhillyV- Have you seen this guy's came. The short stick is where points are won or lost and when it's time he makes the putts.

Last and not least rounding out the 3...

Bullfrog- he is a gamer. Match play wise he will fight and scrap till the end.

I wanted to pick myself, but in the spirit of the question choose not to. My game, activity on the forum, and desire to be on team Ohio is a given!

Welcome to this thread. Its a multi step program
Captain asks best dog breed
Responses include score they shot and favorite cat
Anger ensues
Then sports talk
Followed by love of friends and its fun
Followed by you dont know me
Followed by Butt Hurt Cannon
Followed by Captain asking a new question

It would be funny if the captains asked a question outside of this thread. I have a feeling if they needed to narrow down selections, that way would be quite easy. :D
LMAO.

Seems spot on for this thread.

Good thing the forum and visitors to this thread know how fast some of these guys can run a 40 yard dash and that Stribs rand a sub-5 minute mile once.

Canadan- why you ask...the guy is butter.

Is it bad when I read that I thought soft and pale?

LMAO.

Seems spot on for this thread.

Good thing the forum and visitors to this thread know how fast some of these guys can run a 40 yard dash and that Stribs rand a sub-5 minute mile once.

Its becoming its own entity. Like an HQ maybe...:D
The captains could do an easy one.
Post in some other thread "Who wants a Captains Spot" and it might take hours to get 3 responses...haha

Canadan- why you ask...the guy is butter. Someone who is going to work and work and work to be the best he can be.

PhillyV- Have you seen this guy's came. The short stick is where points are won or lost and when it's time he makes the putts.

Last and not least rounding out the 3...

Bullfrog- he is a gamer. Match play wise he will fight and scrap till the end.

I wanted to pick myself, but in the spirit of the question choose not to. My game, activity on the forum, and desire to be on team Ohio is a given!

thank you for the well thought out reply

I once ran a mile in 4:55....true story

And that is helpful because???

He's from Michigan, he didn't understand the question. :alien: Maybe it's just a reference for if you get stuck on the back 9 and need a beer, he can retrieve one for you quickly. :alien:

Ok new question, Time to lay it out there

Who should us captains pick (in your respective state) and why?

Oh man. Is the cannon ready?

Canadan- Arguably Ohio's best player and someone who is perfect for this event. Has the game that travels and would be a beast at Boulder. If I was from Michigan I wouldn't want to see him on Team Ohio

Robman7- Arguably the second best putt putter in Ohio. All joking aside, he's hard working, would take this very serious and has never been on the big stage. He has watched his big brother play in some of the biggest events THP has and even though he hasn't gotten the chance to play in them himself he's still completely supportive of Mike while not making a peep about when is it gonna be his turn. That's the kind of thper I would want on this team. One that's able to see the big picture.

Myself- no way am I not including myself in this list. Ohio vs Michigan was something I've been wanting to be a part of for years. The team events and team aspect of THP is what drew me to this community. How 8 or so average joes can come together and be given a grand stage to live that competitive dream we all have. I want that again. I have friends on both teams and hopefully I can be a part of this and leave with brothers. Mike knows that if I'm chosen he will get my all on the course and in the forum as well. Ya I make a lot of jokes (some at awful times) but anyone who knows me knows how much passion I have for THP and the events I'm involved in. I was taught at an early age that anything I find worth doing better be done with all I have because there's only one shot at it. And I want that shot

My Ohio picks?

1: mmsynard11- seems like a good dude who enjoys being competitive and taking the trash that's thrown at him

2: Xhail- I think he's the good and silent type of golfer. I also have a feeling we have similar style of games.

3: Grins: solid guy. Has a passion for golf and stays outta the waves usually. Not the type of guy to rock the boat. Unless its him and all the other people in it are from MI.

If love to pick myself but it just not the right thing to do. Feel free to consider me for an alternate if not picked. Pretty sure the # of strained or pulled hamstrings is going to add up fast the morning of this event.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Team Ohio

1.) GolfinFF, dude saves lives and is a blast to golf with. he has the heart of a lion.
2.) PhillyV, has the game to back up the smack talk. And from what I hear makes a mean BBQ.
3.) Pkorf, don't know him and haven't seen his game. But with the "Bro-mance" that is going on between him and Gunner. He has to be there to keep Gunner motivated.

For Team Michigan

1.) Wzyzguy, can bomb his driver. Loves THP and has the itch for competition.
2.) Michigan Slice, dude gives lots of strokes. And will fight with words or by hitting greens.
3.) Lions81, they will need a lawyer when it comes time to Object to the ruling when Ohio is crowned the winner.

He's from Michigan, he didn't understand the question. :alien: Maybe it's just a reference for if you get stuck on the back 9 and need a beer, he can retrieve one for you quickly. :alien:

Ha ha, that's hilarious. Capt 441, my bag will hold enough beer for you since I don't drink it. No need in running back to the club house while we are focused on winning.

here are my 3 they are what thp'ers should strive to be on the forum

mmaynard11

PhillyV

cbaker2882

Well I think I can rival that 4.7 40. but that's off topic. So Savannahs are my favorite cat.

anywayyyys, I think we need me NOT on the team unless we need to rival CJs stroke count Michigan is gaining.

Such a tough tough question. For the final three spots I'm not sure you can have wrong answers. So I'll throw my opinons out:

1. Mmaynard - Great attitude, passion for the game and thp, extremely friendly, terrific all-around golf game.
2. Phillyv - You can't argue with the mans passion for Ohio v Michigan and thp. I ended up joining THP a couple years ago after meeting him in what turned out to be a snow storm at treetops. That trip we played many of these same formats and it was a blast. I've gotten to play with him multiple times since then on random trips around ohio and michigan and its always a good time.
3. Xhail - Myself! Much like phil i couldn't honestly make a list of three picks without putting myself on it. From the days that this was just a small unofficial shootout a couple years ago to now I've loved the idea of representing my state in a game I love. I'll be the first to admit that I haven't been an active member for very long on the site but have steadily started branching out to multiple different topics throughout THP. Also I went to school with Jspangs and I'll be damned if Ohio loses to that traitor!

I love golf, I love anything that lets us crush MI, I love golf, I put everythng in to whatever my goal is, in this case getting below a 1 handicap that travels by June. I will be putting an insane amount of practice in, you won't find anyone who is going to work harder.

I love golf

I love golf, I love anything that lets us crush MI, I love golf, I put everythng in to whatever my goal is, in this case getting below a 1 handicap that travels by June. I will be putting an insane amount of practice in, you won't find anyone who is gong to work harder.

I love golf

YOu forgot to answer the question

Since I have a few minute break from work!

PhillyV - guy bleeds Ohio (even if it is the Browns)

Canadan - probably the best golfer in Ohio and one of the nicest to play with.

Cbaker2882 - having played numerous rounds together guy can flat out play. And damn his wedge game is strong.

Ok back to work.

Back