THP Regional Rivalry - DC/MD/VA vs Carolinas Sponsored By True Temper

being part of a THP event is amazing and filled with tons of goodness and bonding. I want to be part of this RR and form new binds and strengthen existing ones. I would love to beat The Carolinas but enjoying the journey with them would be just as rewarding. This event like so many others is more than just about winning. Thinking about the meet and greet on Friday, matchup announcements, range time on sat and the matches followed by the announcement of winners and MVP. Literally get goosebumps just thinking about it

You nailed it dude, it's really a good time getting together with all the guys and Morgan and JB at an event, lots of energy, nerves, excitement, and uncertainty with the surprises and twists they throw in during the process. You guys are in for a really cool experience no matter what.

Like Kevin said, it's not all rainbow and unicorns but it's certainly at the top of it's game and THP does have some awesome folks and even in spite of personal differences we all somehow embrace and support each other through it all and that's what makes THP events so unique, it's what we have in common that comes before differences in almost every case.

You nailed it dude, it's really a good time getting together with all the guys and Morgan and JB at an event, lots of energy, nerves, excitement, and uncertainty with the surprises and twists they throw in during the process. You guys are in for a really cool experience no matter what.

Like Kevin said, it's not all rainbow and unicorns but it's certainly at the top of it's game and THP does have some awesome folks and even in spite of personal differences we all somehow embrace and support each other through it all and that's what makes THP events so unique, it's what we have in common that comes before differences in almost every case.

Quoting for truth right here. So,many personalities and opinions throughout THP but come event time none of that seems to matter and I have yet to meet anyone who didn't have a good time at an event.

JB and GG rock.

Just got back from my first actual round of golf in quite awhile and am trying to catch up. First my round was, to be honest, better than I expected. My ball striking was mid season form. The short game was errartic. Some me and some the greens that were either hard as a brick or so soft they spun to much. Overall, it was a solid 81. Not overly pleased as I think I can do much better but very encouraged considering the temperature and 15-20 mph winds.

Now for everyone involved in this process, and I understand this may sound self serving, I have thoroughly enjoyed this process whether I get selected or not. I am going to continue to be active regardless of what happens on Monday. It has taken me some time to understand everything but the people I've met and the people I hope to meet in the future are more than worth any disappointment I might feel If I don't get selected. Kevin has a very difficult job and I hope I made it worse. I have met and communicated with nothing but great people since I decided to get over my own issues and just take a chance. It has been a great ride that I intend on keep taking as many times as possible. Again, good luck to everyone involved. If I don't get to meet you at this event then I hope it is at the next possible get together or THP event. go team DMV!!!

It's great seeing guys be more active on the forum outside of the local threads or this one. It has been fun seeing everyone open up and get involved. It's been just over a year since my first event. I remember my first local gathering and how quickly i clicked with everyone and how it seemed like we knew each for awhile. Conversations never had the awkward silence and was about all kinds of topics. The first event I got to me three people from these two regions (mizunofan, vFlashv, tleishman) spent a good portion of the weekend hanging with vFlashv and tleishman including 45 min ride to/from airport with velha and greggdrews. It was one of the best car rides to a course I have had. I got hang with tleishman again at LIITA and met capt Ron at Pitt invitational.

The one thing I heard over an over on the forum and during the local gathering was you will get out of THP what you put in. Three events for me a few local gatherings and some other rounds with a few of the guys in md and I have made numerous lifelong friends. Mondays outcome isn't going to change how I interact on the forum and if I get in there are lots of guys I haven't met that I can't wait to play with and against. I have no doubt there will be some good times had in each foursome.

I guess the biggest question for several of us will be if we will continue actively posting on THP. I am one that has increased my posting since the announcement of this RR event. In fact over 1/3 of my total posts has been in 2016. Will I ever be a top poster on THP; probably won't. While I love the game of golf, I am not a club ho nor do I buy lots of new equipment so my ability to post about new equipment is limited; I am more likely to view threads about equipment. I am not a person that will add another post to a thread just to say I agree; I will use the thanks button for that. I am pretty private person so I won't post much about my personal life or things I do outside of golf. I am not an instructor so I won't provide advice on the golf swing. I think I have pretty good knowledge on putting and the putting stroke and have tried to share some of that knowledge here even though it goes against conventional wisdom. I will continue to read, contribute to, or start posts that I find of interest to me or that I feel I can add value too so yes, I will continue to be involved even after the RR comes and goes.

Regarding the people on this forum, I have met and played with a few and would love to play with them again. I look forward to meeting lightningbolt44; event though he is the captain for the other side, because I learned we have something in common. Even though my posting has increased, I still feel that I haven't broken through the what I perceive as a clique mentality. Perhaps to truly break that barrier you have to attend THP events. With regard to attending events, I most likely wouldn't attend many outside of this one unless it was close to my home.

Where do I rank in the list of possible candidates? Probably only one person knows at this point. With regard to my posts and opinion I will always be honest whether it is the popular opinion or not.

As we approach Monday, I'll be happy if I make the cut, a little disappointed if I don't, but life will go on. I am sure both captains will do their best to pick the people they feel will best represent the regions and will continue to make a positive impact on THP. Congratulations to those that have been selected and good luck to the remaining hopefuls!

Even though my posting has increased, I still feel that I haven't broken through the what I perceive as a clique mentality. Perhaps to truly break that barrier you have to attend THP events. With regard to attending events, I most likely wouldn't attend many outside of this one unless it was close to my home.

overall a great post, just wanted to touch on this part. I think attending an event or multiple will help with that. The great part of THP is that thru events and local gatherings some really good friendships are made and even some without meeting a person. I know there a re a couple guys I haven't met yet in person but would consider them friends thru interaction on here and thru some transactions.

I know when I joined and started participating I noticed lots if real,names being used instead of forum names, inside jokes/stories and things of that nature. For me I wanted to experience that more than I was in the mind frame of clique mentality. CAA_Beat gave me some advice and others have mentioned on here in different event threads, at events try to break out of comfort zone and introduce yourself to people instead of waiting for them to come introduce yourself to them. I made sure to do this at my first event and met some really good dudes. I honestly hope the guys that haven't been to event get into either this event or try for #TheCup which is in myrtle beach or maybe the Upstate NY event with Cure if they want something close or look to Wilson, ProjectX, Up&Down with Cleveland, Grandaddy.

On a side note forgot to mention in my earlier post I got to meet mburnham at my first event and shared some good times with him as well.

On a side note forgot to mention in my earlier post I got to meet mburnham at my first event and shared some good times with him as well.

Thanks for remembering me Eric haha. I hope you get chosen on Monday so we have a chance to hang out again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope those that are in this thing for both sides have been paying attention. Two events down for 2016 and both were brought to the forum just like it needs to be done.

Yes the events that have gone on so far have had great coverage by all in them. It has been fun to read through what is going as it happens.

I hope those that are in this thing for both sides have been paying attention. Two events down for 2016 and both were brought to the forum just like it needs to be done.

I bought this iPhone 6s Plus just for THP events :)

Cnosil- I feel your post completely. I'm not the worlds biggest equipment collector, and I'll probably never buy more than one putter a year , but I really enjoy reading about everything new. As someone who got back into the game last year after a pretty long layoff, there wasn't a ton I could add, but I learned a ton. I try to add where I can, but I don't have much to say about the newest driver offering from Nike (for instance). The best I'd have would be "I'm not sure about the blue". But I do enjoy reading most everyone's opinions on it.

I do find that reading on Tapatalk exclusively, I sometimes miss who said what, as I just scroll to the next post. I've always done that, but I have been trying to pay more attention. Of course, once you read enough, you can almost figure out who says what without looking. That's a good thing, as most people's personalities shine through in writing. I think that means they're honest.

I've had a lot of fun on this board, and had a lot of fun at my first (and only - so far) unofficial THP get together. I look forward to meeting some more folks the next time we get together and hope that one day soon I can make an official event. Should I not be selected for RR, I'll be disappointed, but I know that will go away and there will be other opportunities. With that said...

"We can't all be Carolinians. Some of you have to sit on the curb and clap as we walk by."

I have enjoyed reading everyone's posts about being involved even if not picked. Like others have said THP is what you make it and what you want it to be.

I will say that one way I started to get really involved was joining a Fantasy Hockey league with other THP'ers. Such an awesome group of guys and it really got me involved in the forum.

I couldn't hit the ocean from the beach today. All the work on my irons did not pay off on the course... and to make matters worse, I couldn't get off the tee anyway. Almost every second shot was a punch out or recovery shot of some sort... and any time I got a wedge in my hand, the hosel found the ball before the club did.

:bulgy-eyes:

My handicap should be about 7 strokes higher, based on the level I'm playing at currently. I've got 2 weeks to figure it out until the next event. Today was nothing to write home about.

The good news is that I started the same way last season before really turning it on between April and August.

Cnosil- great post. I agree with a lot of what you said and if you are anything like me, you will open up more as time goes on. I didn't post anything personal for the longest time (still don't much) but the community knows some things and it helps to get to know a bit about each other. Heck, I lurked for years, joined but only read for a while, and only got truly "active" over the past year.

Use the community for whatever it is in your life, but I know for sure we are lucky to have everyone here. Great read - thanks for posting it.

Man it's Sunday already!

For you guys that have spoken about not being equipment junkies, or teaching pros, or what ever. There is no requirement to be a certain way on THP. It's come as you are here. Do THP the way you want to do it.

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/f...c-Sponsored-By-Kentwool&p=4357762#post4357762

Check out some of the recaps. It's part of the beauty of THP. People making connections and memories that last a lifetime.

Pins and needles.
I wanted to come in and let everybody know the timeline. The captains have been tasked with sending THP their captains selections by 1pm EST tomorrow. Then once all are received an announcement will be made and the first post will be updated.

We know the decision is not easy and we know that many will feel some disappointment. The good news is that support through THP and the event pre & post round can be a wonderful thing. Then add that THP has over a dozen more events including some right in your area for more chances to experience something incredible.

We wish you all the best of luck and have enjoyed the journey. And we want to thank the captains again for being tremendous with the pressure of putting together a great team based on a number of factors.

Good luck to all hoping to get the call!

Fingers crossed. Good luck to all the prospective picks. This will be great!

Even after everything that has been said, it's going to be a long 24 hrs! Good luck to all once again!

Good luck to the captains and hopefuls!

Good luck to everyone! I never thought I would say this.....but come on Monday!

Good luck guys

THP Regional Rivalry - DC/MD/VA vs Carolinas Sponsored By True Temper

Time to turn the tables for a day!

You are now the Captain for your region. Who are your three picks and why?

Edit: You can only use the folks that are not in already.

Last edited:
Ron because he's just a blast to play with and he's got skills, he believes in himself and gets what the event is really all about

ChetSteadman because even though he's new, he's a great guy, he's as involved as he can be, and he's got a great game. He understands that work brings results

Deuce, Tom loves the game, has a passion for the event, works damn hard and supports THP through and through, he doesn't take anything for granted. He's awesome.

Since I haven't met anyone yet this is just off of what I see on THP.

Lightingbolt44- he's a veteran of THP events seems like a great guy to have on a team

ChetSteadman-he's been involved in process and looks like he is working hard at his game.

Deuce-he's very active on THP and social media, so I could learn something from him about the social media side.

Back