The Official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finance people will tell you that you can do more with your own money week to week than letting the government hold it. I hate finance people (and I'm a quasi-one).

In the end, you're paying the government the same amount of taxes regardless of whether you write a check, or get one at the end of the year. I say do whatever you are comfortable with.

I agree with your first statement. My state and federal returns balance each other out pretty well. I haven't done my returns this year, but I think i got $300 back from one and paid $600 to the other last year. Writing that check didn't hurt too much.

Steph Curry has a really good golf swing

I agree with your first statement. My state and federal returns balance each other out pretty well. I haven't done my returns this year, but I think i got $300 back from one and paid $600 to the other last year. Writing that check didn't hurt too much.
I fall on that side of the fence too. But that "doing more with your money" piece for me is spending it on golf--not investing it.

I'm trying to get mine to wash out so I don't owe or get a huge return.

I fall on that side of the fence too. But that "doing more with your money" piece for me is spending it on golf--not investing it.

a few things I've been told and try to adhere too

The wealthy invest first and spend what's left, the poor spend first and invest what's left.

You'll make more the second time you make money then you ever will the first time.

You can work for your money or it can work for you. Which one sounds more enjoyable?

For real! I'm not surprised by that at all....dude is a phenomenal athlete

He loves golf too. I think he's something pretty low single digit HC.

My dad was paired up with Isaac Sanchez and Ryan Winther yesterday for a round. They're in the area for the LA golf show. He said it was crazy how long they were; basically they had to wait until any of the long par 4's cleared and they were bombing it. I always liked Isaac too. My dad said they were both really cool guys

a few things I've been told and try to adhere too

The wealthy invest first and spend what's left, the poor spend first and invest what's left.

You'll make more the second time you make money then you ever will the first time.

You can work for your money or it can work for you. Which one sounds more enjoyable?
The only financial advice I subscribe to is "buy high, sell low." Wait...that's not right....

And Sean just fell down on the golf course. Brilliant!! He did make the up and down the par.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

And Sean just fell down on the golf course. Brilliant!! He did make the up and down the par.

I saved him from falling down last weekend. I kinda regretted it as I could have seen one of these infamous Toad fall downs.

How much beer does a family of three need for an afternoon trip to visit my grandmother?

This much:

560089b97d1f0bfc4e7bd8c7f13e61be.jpg

In a bunker?

I live right next to this...

887ce1275ed341484ad07c4febb66f73.jpg

...which is apparently a high pitched scream factory!

In case you wondered what 432 boxes of cookies looked like
cc72480af5e160e15e29bc80fe9f1111.jpg

That looked like my freezer last year

Bring some tagalongs to golf tomorrow. For a friend obviously

I'll have a box we can share. We can alternate driving from tee box to green while the other runs. Problem and calorie gain solved.

I suck at golf and I quit. I have no clue what I'm doing wrong. My instructor moved to Iowa and I cannot stand the others at GolfTec so I'm feeling completely lost and depressed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back