Drone Footage of THPers from 2016 THP Kickoff Classic

That was so cool.

We will be getting it all hopefully at many THP Events.
As we have said, while it may bother some, we ask that they deal with it, for the benefit of this community, which is what THP Events are about.
It wasn't too bad at all from a hole away event, we were coming up off the previous green to that tee and really didn't notice it too much.

About how high were you flying? The stability of the video is great. Really looking forward to the drone footage from future events.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

I missed it but then again I am pretty deaf in the left ear, so if it was to that side of me when it was flying I could have missed it entirely even if it was fairly close. Great quality. Very impressive.

About how high were you flying? The stability of the video is great. Really looking forward to the drone footage from future events.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Anywhere from 250 feet to 20 feet.

Great quality video. I see not quite brave enough to get it in front of thpers lol. Pretty damn cool!

In fullscreen HD it looks amazing. Watching the water move on 18 is really cool.

Really enjoyed watching those. What a great unique view for events.

This is awesome. Way to bring THP to the next level. Is this going to be at all THP events?

No sir, but its not something I take lightly since the courses are giving me permission.
I would hate to cause an accident or anything, so it is registered and I do practice quite a bit.

as long as you don't fly it while driving. A DWF is a serious offense nowadays.

Awesome footage. I was most surprised how stable the video is! I can't wait to watch drone footage from every THP event this year.

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

Glad you guys liked it.

This is so freaking neat!! Finally got a chance to watch in full HD. I'm amazed by the picture quality. It's stunning.

Agree completely, put it 8 feet above me - I don't care. I would love to see that. I could see some badass coverage of this hovering over the 18th at True Blue while spinning and seeing the crowd on the porch, guys on the green, and then the water. Yes please.

Ditto! This is so cool. Put it right on top of me during my swing, I'd love to see it! Great footage JB.

This is really cool way to see the course.

Drone this year, THPblimp in production for next year! #keepchangingthegame

What a new cool angle to THP events!

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

My teacher talked about something similar the other day.He will use the drone for golf instruction.To see a players swing from different angles.Hope he doesn't raise the rates :(

wonder if you can set this to hover mode?Can you let it hover without operating it?.Just saw the price is $499 from the Apple Store.These would be epic at a car show-cruise night

My teacher talked about something similar the other day.He will use the drone for golf instruction.To see a players swing from different angles.Hope he doesn't raise the rates :(

I find that crazy and borderline unsafe. Watching someone while a drone is flying or vice versa seems off.
And he would get a better view for swing help with a gopro on a stick.

The drone videos are awesome. Different perspective, amazing view.

wonder if you can set this to hover mode?Can you let it hover without operating it?.Just saw the price is $499 from the Apple Store.These would be epic at a car show-cruise night
I find that crazy and borderline unsafe. Watching someone while a drone is flying or vice versa seems off.
And he would get a better view for swing help with a gopro on a stick.

Agreed, but I bet it would draw some interest. Good or bad, people like those drones!

Hey, JB, just between you and me, and I promise not to tell anyone, how close did you come to giving in to the temptation of just screwing with someone with that thing?

Hey, JB, just between you and me, and I promise not to tell anyone, how close did you come to giving in to the temptation of just screwing with someone with that thing?

Honestly, none at all.
For one, you could really cause some serious injuries.
Two, you could really cause some serious damage to the drone.
If I break this thing, there is no second one, because they are expensive and I dont have an expense account. :D

Back