Callaway MD3 Wedges Review Thread

Couldn't own that sweet wedge without using it! You have much more will power than me!

Replacing the AW from the set with an MD3 was the best choice I've made. To me the MD3 is just a better all around club. And it's longer than the CF16

As a long time fan of the J15 how would you say they compare?

As a long time fan of the J15 how would you say they compare?

For me it wasn't about finding a wedge that was better as much as it was to find something that was as good as the Bridgestone wedges. I've been playing Brudgestone since they launched the J40s and it wasn't until this set of wedges that I felt confident I could replace my B stones.

The MD3 are longer for me and maybe a tad stickier on 3/4 and 1/2 shots. But around the greens they are right on par. Plus they are a treat to look at when addressing the ball.

I should add some feedback in the coming the week.

I'm very picky about my wedges and finally had a chance to demo the MD3's S-grind on the course with a buddy that just got a set. I was super impressed with the performance on full and partial shots. I'm buying a couple. The first one will be the Shamrock because it just looks so good with the black DG Onyx shaft!

For me it wasn't about finding a wedge that was better as much as it was to find something that was as good as the Bridgestone wedges. I've been playing Brudgestone since they launched the J40s and it wasn't until this set of wedges that I felt confident I could replace my B stones.

The MD3 are longer for me and maybe a tad stickier on 3/4 and 1/2 shots. But around the greens they are right on par. Plus they are a treat to look at when addressing the ball.

md3-003.jpg

Replacing the AW from the set with an MD3 was the best choice I've made. To me the MD3 is just a better all around club. And it's longer than the CF16

Just did this with my apex pro PW --> MD3 46*. Taking some getting used to but so far it's an improvement for what I use it for. Like having another option around the greens for bump and run

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am loving my MD2 wedges, but would like to try the MD3 wedges in satin...but I cant over the neon grips...can you order these with normal black grips???

I am loving my MD2 wedges, but would like to try the MD3 wedges in satin...but I cant over the neon grips...can you order these with normal black grips???

Yeah there are a ton of grip options available.

What grind are most playing on their full shot wedge (particularly 54*)?

Callaway's website recommended the W grind for me. I use my 54 for full shots.

I have a 48 and 52 in the S grind, and had no issues with full swings - granted, that's only from a single round outside, but I was very happy with them.

Yep, decision made. Should be picking up a 50* tomorrow as long as golf smith has one in stock.

54W for me as well. I use this for everything from 100 down to like 50 or so.

Just got my 3 wedges in today and I absolutely love them. I may not even change the paint fill for awhile.

The weather is warming up and I can't to get these on the course and put them through their paces.

Just got my 3 wedges in today and I absolutely love them. I may not even change the paint fill for awhile.

The weather is warming up and I can't to get these on the course and put them through their paces.

What color are you thinking?

I was planning on waiting until next season for a new set of wedges, but seeing as St Patrick's Day has a significant meaning for me, I'll most likely pick up a shamrock in 50° and a 54° in W Grind. I'm loving every Callaway club I get my hands on and these wedges are no exception.

What color are you thinking?
I'm leaving it stock but I'll probably change it to navy and orange like the rest of my stuff is. I'll figure out how I want to do that later though

Well couldn't resist--went by Golfsmith today and grabbed a 54* S grind MD3 in matte black and "wanted" the 58* W grind MD3 BUT they didn't have! So, ended up snagging a black matte PM Grind 58*! I used to carry a Ping Eye 2 LW so the shape is not a huge turn off. Also--w the Golfsmith 30day playability guarantee I can always take it back and trade/order the 58*W grind MD3 if needed. We shall see....

I'm leaving it stock but I'll probably change it to navy and orange like the rest of my stuff is. I'll figure out how I want to do that later though

Do ittttttt

Do ittttttt
I most certainly will at some point. It's gonna be a whole overhaul though so I'll need a full weekend to do the work. Here in the next month or so I'll get to it.

So maiden voyage tonight had some highs and lows. Haha

Well the lows were the state of my game but the highs are there and I just need to coax them out. I was incredibly impressed with the stopping power around the green and I think these will fill in the gaps perfectly from about 115 and in. I'll spend some more time with these over the next few weeks and have a better idea of how these are going to work for me.

Golf galaxy had the shamrock wedges in stock today and they looked pretty sweet. The black shaft really gives the wedge a bad a$$ look.

Glad I picked up the 50*. It's exactly what I want/look for out of that club for that spot in my bag. Fantastic.

Golf galaxy had the shamrock wedges in stock today and they looked pretty sweet. The black shaft really gives the wedge a bad a$$ look.

Well that's only 9 days early..... Haha

Back